Thread: Cadillac WTF

Cadillac WTF

Cadillac World Thorium Fuel concept

Yes, that name is correct. Surely no one at Cadillac is young enough to be aware that "World Thorium Fuel" is not the first thing that comes to mind when you see WTF.

I am surprised there was no mention of this on the Boards, i searched, since it is a pretty cool concept, Outlandish yes, but still very cool.
    Last edited by ZeTurbo; 05-03-2009 at 08:38 PM.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

I bet that was done on purpose.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Looks awesome! Just... what on earth is Thorium?
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

The past few car's I've seen from Caddy have been a bit 'WTF?' This looks like a rehash of the Cien design except infinitely less practical in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    It's a secret.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    Last time I checked, it's a radioactive element...?

Thorium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So this thing runs on fusion or fission?

Seriously. WTF?

Cadillac needs to set its priorities straight! You go from the Chevy Volt to the WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Cadillac needs to set its priorities straight! You go from the Chevy Volt to the WTF?
    It's just a design study done by someone. Cadillac had nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I hate them. And i hate even more that then people start to talk about it and discuss it as if the real "designer" put in it as much efforts as they are while chatting.
    As the Saab Fashionista. It's as discussing the drawings of cars we were doing when 5.
    These perhaps can look cool or good photoshops, but they are completely unrealistic too.
    As a (sort of) engineer, I dislike them, seriously. It's like art applied to a technical object completely screwing the technical side of it.
    Draw a flower in the middle of a field, a portrait, a church, whatever, but don't ruin my interests.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I did have a dollop of sarcasm that perhaps you did not detect?

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I hate them. And i hate even more that then people start to talk about it and discuss it as if the real "designer" put in it as much efforts as they are while chatting.
    As the Saab Fashionista. It's as discussing the drawings of cars we were doing when 5.
    These perhaps can look cool or good photoshops, but they are completely unrealistic too.
    As a (sort of) engineer, I dislike them, seriously. It's like art applied to a technical object completely screwing the technical side of it.
    Draw a flower in the middle of a field, a portrait, a church, whatever, but don't ruin my interests.
    I may not hate them, but I don't like them either.

I hate the super futuristic completely unachievable concepts that people drum up. Flying cars? Not going to happen within probably the next 50 years unless people figure out a way to keep people flying in the direction they need to be. I can already imagine the flying automotive version of a 747, piloted by a soccer mom while the 50 passengers in the back are screaming their heads off, at the same time firing off 70 billion text messages. Definitely not a good combination.

It's the same reason why I lost interest in reading Popular Science. I used to have a subscription. Not anymore. I would gladly read Popular Mechanics, if they didn't screw me over when I order 1 year of magazines and delivered only 7 or so.

But I digress.

Get real. Design something useful, so that I dunno, so that we can use them today?

I did have a dollop of sarcasm that perhaps you did not detect?

I may not hate them, but I don't like them either.

I hate the super futuristic completely unachievable concepts that people drum up. Flying cars? Not going to happen within probably the next 50 years unless people figure out a way to keep people flying in the direction they need to be. I can already imagine the flying automotive version of a 747, piloted by a soccer mom while the 50 passengers in the back are screaming their heads off, at the same time firing off 70 billion text messages. Definitely not a good combination.

It's the same reason why I lost interest in reading Popular Science. I used to have a subscription. Not anymore. I would gladly read Popular Mechanics, if they didn't screw me over when I order 1 year of magazines and delivered only 7 or so.

But I digress.

Get real. Design something useful, so that I dunno, so that we can use them today?
    or simply so that they make sense.
    I understand what you meant btw.
    I hate them becaus they say, for instance, "this car is equipped with a V6 twinturbo bla bla bla" even if they don't even know what a V6 is or how large it is, and what else it needs to run.
    fast forward, you have the Veyron, designed only to be good looking (not that much imo), and then struggling for 6 years to become drivable.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    or simply so that they make sense.
    I understand what you meant btw.
    I hate them becaus they say, for instance, "this car is equipped with a V6 twinturbo bla bla bla" even if they don't even know what a V6 is or how large it is, and what else it needs to run.
    fast forward, you have the Veyron, designed only to be good looking (not that much imo), and then struggling for 6 years to become drivable.
    Thanks for understanding.

Well the Veyron was supposed to be designed as the super car you could drive, no? I like it from an engineering standpoint, but aesthetically, no, not at all. It's quite boring, but I guess it's better, because it'll age better.

The Mantide just came out and it looks aged already.

Thanks for understanding.

Well the Veyron was supposed to be designed as the super car you could drive, no? I like it from an engineering standpoint, but aesthetically, no, not at all. It's quite boring, but I guess it's better, because it'll age better.

The Mantide just came out and it looks aged already.

touché

Thread Information