Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Australian buys Worlds most expensive car

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In the shed
    Posts
    9,941

    Australian buys Worlds most expensive car

    Interesting, seems the recession hasnt bit everyone...

    Australian pays $4m to drive Aston Martin One-77 | National News | News.com.au

    Such a nice car.
    The Datto will rage again...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    1,190
    I wonder if he'll be nice enough to lend it to NZ for their annual Big Boys Toys show...

    The best we've had so far was a Koenigsegg CCX. Can't wait for something even better!
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,331
    Eh, I'd rather have a DBS and the cash in my pocket.

    Also, I'm pretty sure the Veyron and even the Enzo were built in small numbers in RHD.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,811
    Well I'm not surprised.

    Someone had to buy the car.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Modena
    Posts
    9,826
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Well I'm not surprised.

    Someone had to buy the car.
    Some-77
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

    *cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,811
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Some-77
    How many are they making again?

    Perhaps the profit margin is much higher than the Veyron?

    The bean counters at VW do not know how to count beans!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Modena
    Posts
    9,826
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    How many are they making again?

    Perhaps the profit margin is much higher than the Veyron?

    The bean counters at VW do not know how to count beans!
    They declared 77 cars were going to be made, with all of them being highly different between each other due to customization.
    Apart from what does that mean, 77 cars are the number.
    Don't know if the car will be profitable, maybe "just a little", but it's surely an excellent ad campaign.
    As a reference, Bugatti reportedly loses 4.000.000 on each Veyron (standard one), Ferrari was doing about 250.000 on each Enzo (I read it somewhere), while Pagani earns about 400.000 on each Zonda (figures obtained dividing the annual profit by the cars made).
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

    *cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,811
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    They declared 77 cars were going to be made, with all of them being highly different between each other due to customization.
    Apart from what does that mean, 77 cars are the number.
    Don't know if the car will be profitable, maybe "just a little", but it's surely an excellent ad campaign.
    As a reference, Bugatti reportedly loses 4.000.000 on each Veyron (standard one), Ferrari was doing about 250.000 on each Enzo (I read it somewhere), while Pagani earns about 400.000 on each Zonda (figures obtained dividing the annual profit by the cars made).
    $4 million AUD is still a lot of money...

    Say $1 million for the car, which is still a tarted DBS with funny looking body work- it's still to my mind worth only about $250,000, which is about the price of a DBS. Add another $500,000 for the funny body work. Fine.

    So let's be VERY liberal here- all the extras Aston Martin throws in- the driving classes, the luncheons, test drives, etc is equal to $250,000. That's still a profit margin of still $3 million per car!

    So if 77 were made, and everyone was paying 4 million per car, that's a profit of $221 million per car!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Modena
    Posts
    9,826
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    $4 million AUD is still a lot of money...

    Say $1 million for the car, which is still a tarted DBS with funny looking body work- it's still to my mind worth only about $250,000, which is about the price of a DBS. Add another $500,000 for the funny body work. Fine.

    So let's be VERY liberal here- all the extras Aston Martin throws in- the driving classes, the luncheons, test drives, etc is equal to $250,000. That's still a profit margin of still $3 million per car!

    So if 77 were made, and everyone was paying 4 million per car, that's a profit of $221 million per car!
    the price of the One-77 is supposed to be 1 Million , so 1,2 M and 1,5 M $.
    Considering it's their first carbon fiber road going chassis, and the engine is so modified it's basically a new one, your calculation or a bit oversized, but who knows...

    I would definitely take this over a Veyron. even without the gigabazillions of bhp.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

    *cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,454
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    They declared 77 cars were going to be made, with all of them being highly different between each other due to customization.
    Apart from what does that mean, 77 cars are the number.
    Don't know if the car will be profitable, maybe "just a little", but it's surely an excellent ad campaign.
    As a reference, Bugatti reportedly loses 4.000.000 on each Veyron (standard one), Ferrari was doing about 250.000 on each Enzo (I read it somewhere), while Pagani earns about 400.000 on each Zonda (figures obtained dividing the annual profit by the cars made).
    So a Zonda costs about 100.000 to make?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Modena
    Posts
    9,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    So a Zonda costs about 100.000 to make?
    they sell for about 700/800.000 .

    Pagani's profit for 2007 (or was it 2006?!) were between 6 and 7 M , with about 14 cars built and sold, that's how I calculated the revenue per each car sold.

    Modena Design is worth a similar annual profit.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

    *cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,811
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    they sell for about 700/800.000 .

    Pagani's profit for 2007 (or was it 2006?!) were between 6 and 7 M , with about 14 cars built and sold, that's how I calculated the revenue per each car sold.

    Modena Design is worth a similar annual profit.
    Whoa. So actually, if Fiat goes down with Chrysler, it might drag Ferrari down with it.

    But I don't think Pagani will ever be in that sort of position.

    Yay.

  13. #13
    Eheh I have seen the One-77 and it is really one of the most beautiful supercar of ever, however 4 milion of $... But why this australian owner has payed two times the real price of the car?
    Bye
    -> www.caldicarphoto.com (new photos every day!=D)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In the shed
    Posts
    9,941
    that 4 mil is probably including the $120,000 stamp suty, then the extra $200,000 luxury car tax, then the import tax, then the 'we're the government and tax you on a tax tax' then the 10%GST... probaly a mill in BS charged before it even hits the road.

    Remeber the AUD is buys roughly 50 EURO at the moment.
    The Datto will rage again...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    State #49
    Posts
    210
    Iwas just doing a currency conversion from $4,000,000 AUD, to many other currecies and I came up with this (as of today; currency fluctuates daily):
    4,000,000 AUD= 1,971,014.62 British Pounds
    3,473,528.75 Canadian Dollars
    20,186,336.00 Chinese Yuan
    2,209,405.50 European Euros
    292,236,032.00 Japanese Yen
    2,957,705.00 U.S. Dollars...
    I can't even fathom paying so much money for this car... especially if I were a Japanese citizen!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Favorite James Bond Automobile
    By toyota_trevor in forum Car comparison
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 02-07-2020, 12:54 AM
  2. GT4 whole car list!!!!
    By Mustang in forum Gaming
    Replies: 247
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 08:06 AM
  3. EDAG Light Car Concept
    By netburner in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 03:33 PM
  4. Car of the Year Awards 2008 [PLEASE READ FIRST]
    By fisetdavid26 in forum Awards
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 02:33 PM
  5. Americans now have the world's fastest production car
    By billygoat081992 in forum General Automotive
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 01:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •