Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mosler MT900 GTR XX Twin Turbo Land Shark Revealed

Mosler MT900 GTR XX Twin Turbo Land Shark Revealed

I have to see this car tested, if the numbers are all true or at least close to, it would be absolutely crazy.

Mosler MT900 GTR XX Twin Turbo Land Shark Revealed - Worldcarfans

While the MT900 GTR normally goes from standstill to 100 km/h in 3.1 seconds, Gocha claims his version gets there in just over 2.5 seconds. His car allegedly hits 150 mph in 6.7 seconds, and 250 mph in 17.5 seconds. The car is capable of a nine second quarter-mile, reaching 178 mph by the time it gets there. Even more astonishing is the sprint to stop time. This car allegedly goes from zero to 150mph and back to a dead stop in 8.7 seconds. That's even faster than the Ultima GTR 0-100-0 time of 9.4 seconds, which seems remarkable.
    A full stop from 150mph in just 2 seconds? Again, I gotta see this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wonder how many heads will explode out of amazement if this turns out to be real. So far....I am skeptical, but prepared to see it prove it's stuff.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

OMG... I like this car... Sorry for the my expressions but this thing is sex on wheels
    Nothing to say...

Come on....

Even if this is true (which we'll have to see to believe), they have to change the name.... Land Shark???

Seems like a bad attempt at publicity like the drag-spec Ultima modification.

Moreover this attempt seems like a fraud by the attempt to "score" Schumacher as their test driver... Come on... Didn't you come up with something better? Maybe an astronaut... Neil Armstrong?
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

I'm sorry, but figures are meaningless.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The car does look 'interesting.'

Some of the figures 'claimed' I could believe somewhat. But as for 150 MPH to a stop in 2 secs!!! This I have a very hard time believing. I mean, count 2 seconds in your head... Now imagine a car going 150 MPH stopping in that amount of time. I doubt it.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

the article says:

"Gocha says his car utilizes an engine with a 381 cubic inch plant generating an unbelievable 2,500 horsepower, in part thanks to the twin turbos."

wat

Quote Originally Posted by aiasib View Post
    the article says:

"Gocha says his car utilizes an engine with a 381 cubic inch plant generating an unbelievable 2,500 horsepower, in part thanks to the twin turbos."

wat
    500 hp per litre? This is definetly not a road car.
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

I knew this was a fast car, but in regards to the claims, I'll wait to see it...

This sounds like an 18-year old with a VERY rich father.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight
    500 hp per litre? This is definetly not a road car.
    383 is a 6.2L, which means about 400bhp/L. Not outside the realms of what is possible.
    Getting insane amounts of power from turbo motors is a well established skill, putting 2500hp into use is the trick.
    I'd be more concerned that the lightened version of an already light chassis (which was designed 8 years ago on a budget that VW would usually invest in cupholder tech) is going to flex and crack after a few high speed maneuvers.

Nicknamed "The Land Shark", this car weighs a full 250 kg (551 lbs) less than the already lightened GTR XX, coming in at 861 kg (1898 lbs) with its fuel tanks full. Yes, we said "tanks", as in plural. This car runs on a multi-fuel system using petrol, methanol, hydrogen, and ethanol.
    Riiiiiiiiiiight....
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

wait, 861kg, with 2500hp?

can anyone say "undrivable"
    followed shortly after by "pointless"
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

doubt thats true.

I think he meant 2.5 secs worth of wheel spin.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

i cant see how this car puts all that power down, i mean it doesnt have ridiculously ginormous tires, no electronic launch control, it doesnt make sense
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

Thread Information