Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cotterik's Corsa SXI

Egg-Nog!!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

where do i apply?

edit: ah found it will post now
    Last edited by Cotterik; 05-15-2009 at 04:34 AM.

Nice car cotterik, looks like a solid choice
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

well, i'm currently tearing my hair out about this auto electrician nonesense. All I need is someone to come and get the voltage back to my front washers. But the first guy kept avoiding appointments. And the second guy was supposed to be here 2 hours ago. Is there a trend within this particular trade where they actually avoid business? This is getting ridiculous..

well he didnt even turn up. thats two guys who pulled a no-show. what a disgrace. Down to the last person I've been recommended now. If he doesnt show up tomorrow, them I'm off to a garage where they cant ignore anybody.

what cowboys in this business..

EDIT: washers were fixed today by some good guys from a company called auto electronix who come to your home. they narrowed the issue down to a faulty relay breaking voltage from the battery to the front washer. all is well now. back to driving..
    Last edited by Cotterik; 05-19-2009 at 01:37 PM.

we have a new car in the family. arriving january '11.

details to follow. Audi A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDi.

four months of wait?!
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

apparently audi's factory build in batches. the next orders come in january. no idea why. gets to keep the golf gt-sport in the mean time. Which incidentally has the same engine and platform of the new audi. But its an upgrade nonetheless.

By the time you'll have the A3, its replacement will be approaching fast, if that's bother you anyway. Did you manage to get a good deal?

i think the sole reason the 'black edition' exists is because its an end-of-line edition with all the shiny extras. Theres always a new edition on the horizon no matter what car you buy. But chances are the equivalent model wouldnt be as high-spec as this one. So its not too much of an issue. It was a choice between this, the golf equivalent and the scirocco. This being the biggest and most practical of the 3 with its semi-estate size.

Dad gets his cars on a 3 year lease as part of a company car deal. From what I've been told its fairly cheap compared to a standard lease or obviously buying the car.

One thing I'm not ecstatic about is the LED headlights. They annoy me like hell when an audi is driving toward me. But I'll be insured on this. I doubt I'll care then.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    i think the sole reason the 'black edition' exists is because its an end-of-line edition with all the shiny extras. Theres always a new edition on the horizon no matter what car you buy. But chances are the equivalent model wouldnt be as high-spec as this one. So its not too much of an issue. It was a choice between this, the golf equivalent and the scirocco. This being the biggest and most practical of the 3 with its semi-estate size.
    Generally I consider a new car something "more" than a new edition or higher-spec.
    Something like a new or vastly redesigned chassis, new or updated engines and gearboxes, suspensions' design and setups, improved safety and other things are what I consider in a new car. Options are secondary.

It's your car anyway, glad I'll enjoy it. Those new LED annoys me as well, they are not well designed and integrated as on other Audis, but I suppose you'll come to grasp with them .

Thread Information