Thread: Mitsubishi Diamante (UCP Review)

Mitsubishi Diamante (UCP Review)

I took delivery of a nice 1995 Mitsubishi Diamante last week. So as seems to be the new custom I'll do a quick review!

Is it practical?

Definitely. Lots of cubby holes (two gloveboxes!), massive boot, big interior. Me and 4 mates took it up to a concert last night and managed to get an average nights sleep in it even.

Is it economical?

If you drive it sensibly then its not too bad. 5 speed tiptronic helps here and is an advantage over your usual 4 speed job. Its 2.5l v6 so its not that big but the potential is there to burn some serious fuel!

Is it fun to drive?

Its not too bad. Steering has very little feeling and is very light, but it sticks well in corners and the body roll isn't much of an issue. Good in a straight line.

Will it break down all the time?

Debatable. Mine has a few minor things wrong with it (driver electric window very temperamental, stereo bit buggered), and gearboxes aren't supposed to be overly durable either. But with enough care and attention you should be able to keep it going without spending through the roof.

Is it easy to park?

Not really. Its bloody long and quite wide. But I'm getting used to it! Turning circle is massive too.

What if I go to a Shopping Centre and get chased by baddies in a Corvette?

That straight line isn't going to be much good then. Try and escape and find a highway....

Is it green?

yep...the paintwork is anyway!

Can I afford it?

They're dirt cheap cause there are heaps of Jap imported ones in NZ. lot of car for your money here.

What If I'm asked to take part in a beach assault with the Royal Marines?

It'd sink into the sand and then all the electrics would go wrong and then you'd get shot. Not a good idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images

its really a nice looking car. better than expected really.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    nice looking car. the backround looks so well with the car! the sunset is nice and is dramatic in a good way.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

a technical question regarding the attached pictures. When trying to open them I get a message that they can't be opened, because they contain errors, subsequently firefox closes down....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    a technical question regarding the attached pictures. When trying to open them I get a message that they can't be opened, because they contain errors, subsequently firefox closes down....
    no problems with internet explorer

Quote Originally Posted by justukas View Post
    no problems with internet explorer
    and also no longer with firefox

Nice car, see them quite regularly in Kazakhstan, don't think they ever came in LHD, certainly not to Europe. (Middle East may be?)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

and also no longer with firefox

Nice car, see them quite regularly in Kazakhstan, don't think they ever came in LHD, certainly not to Europe. (Middle East may be?)
    Maybe it was related in some way to the Galant?

I also think it looks rather good and I like the frameless doors.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Diamante]Mitsubishi Diamante - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Based on the larger Sigma, not the Galant. I see that it was sold in the USA as well as the Diamante, but we did get the Sigma, and up to 1996. This indicates that Mitsubishi kept on using the Sigma name in certain markets.

Nice car you got there, and 2.5 isnt't that big?! it's more than twice of mine lol. great review!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Mitsubishi Diamante - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Based on the larger Sigma, not the Galant. I see that it was sold in the USA as well as the Diamante, but we did get the Sigma, and up to 1996. This indicates that Mitsubishi kept on using the Sigma name in certain markets.
    my mom almost bought one in the early 90s, but got an E30 instead. very nice car, but typical mitsu build quality.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information