Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Justice is Blind

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    Chinese making cheap rip off of cars (or things in general), then re-branding them as their own.
    exactly. they have the last generation Corolla and the last generation Sebring. lets not forget that they have a car concept shaped like a flippin baseball cap.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    exactly. they have the last generation Corolla and the last generation Sebring.
    ^^^^^^^^^ It's what we Europeans have been saying about the American market Fords and GMs for decades

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    they copied the 330 P3/4
    Kill them.
    Kill them dead.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

At least they are copying and branding it as a different car. A far more serious problem is copying product and selling it as the original and mixed in the supply chain. Fake bearings, electronics, health and food products.....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^ It's what we Europeans have been saying about the American market Fords and GMs for decades
    That was nasty...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Ripping off a design and reverse engineering it, albeit in a worse version, seems pretty rediculous to me. If Chevrolet did the same with their own version of a Ferrari F430 and claimed it to be the Corvette ZO6 would you say it'd be logical?
    why wouldn't it be?

reverse engineering is amazing.
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    why wouldn't it be?

reverse engineering is amazing.
    Sure, but it's probably also illegal in this case
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

that is for the courts to decide...
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

that is for the courts to decide...
    Yes sure... but the courts seem so wrong in this case...
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

do you have a degree in automotive design, mechanical engineering, and patent law to decide if it seems wrong or right?

i know the legal system seems to get caught up in bureaucratic bullcrap every now and then but when you are dealing with copying/reversengineering technology, you HAVE to step into the realm of legal practice. in this case, the best lawyers from both companies went in and the chinese came out on top. suck it up.

you can't say it is illegal, because the court says otherwise

you can't say it is wrong, because reverse engineering is a beautiful and efficient thing

you can't say the consumers will suffer, because in the end, they make their own choices in this capitalist world

i am starting to think this is just blatant racism

no blatent engineering
    It is ILLEGAL to reverse engineer and then build the same on any product with patents, trademark or image intellectual property.

Until 1991 China didn't recognise engineering copyright or design rights.
    Only when international trade grew did pressure come to sign to the international accords.
    Still not ideal but at least 95% of their copyright has now been rewritten to align a little better with what we understand copyright and design rights to be.
    So they do NOT have a culture which protects another's designs.
    We do.
    I do argue ( and as a patent holder myself ) that modern IP protection is wrong and is seen as an opportunity in it's own right. NOT what was intended when patents were first created So I'd like more of the "reverse engineering" to be allowed in some areas. BUT balanced with reasonable protection.

Oh and recently one of the companies were stopped from exporting a blatant Fiat copy ( might have been the Panda ? ) and if they try to import them to weurope they will pay a 50K euro fine for EACH car sold. So in that case it was upheld.

This isn't "racism" but is "culturism".
    If CHina wishes to share in trade it has to learn the lessons of reasonable operation and protectino of individuals and business rights.
    "we" went through the same 100-200 years ago, so not unreasonabel for China to have to come up the same learning path ... jsut preferably a little quicker

Strange you say that. I'm Chinese myself, and it's not as if I hate my own country? I just truly believe this "cheapness" should be avoided. Our culture have this incredible lust for money, and it seems like they're happy to sacrifice everything for that. This I really disapprove. That's why when I saw this article, I was quite disappointed, and angry. This is a shame to my nation, and pointing it out is not blatant racism.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

you can't say it is illegal, because the court says otherwise

you can't say it is wrong, because reverse engineering is a beautiful and efficient thing

you can't say the consumers will suffer, because in the end, they make their own choices in this capitalist world

Saying it isn't "illegal" because the court said is fine is like saying a court can't be corrupted. Perhaps not in this case, I can't say it, but generally, you logical isn't flawless.
    So the Italian Prime Minister didn't do something illegal just because a year ago he established a new law stating he is immune from the main art of legal actions.

o rlly?!

Also, we aren't really talking about reverse engineering in most cases, but just of badly designed and built cars that looks exactly like much more famous and important (and eventually even better built) cars.
    I don't think the BMW X5 is the best engineered car in the world, but I'm pretty sure the Shangyuan CEO isn't even remotely as good as the X5.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    no blatent engineering
    It is ILLEGAL to reverse engineer and then build the same on any product with patents, trademark or image intellectual property.

Until 1991 China didn't recognise engineering copyright or design rights.
    Only when international trade grew did pressure come to sign to the international accords.
    Still not ideal but at least 95% of their copyright has now been rewritten to align a little better with what we understand copyright and design rights to be.
    So they do NOT have a culture which protects another's designs.
    We do.
    I do argue ( and as a patent holder myself ) that modern IP protection is wrong and is seen as an opportunity in it's own right. NOT what was intended when patents were first created So I'd like more of the "reverse engineering" to be allowed in some areas. BUT balanced with reasonable protection.

Oh and recently one of the companies were stopped from exporting a blatant Fiat copy ( might have been the Panda ? ) and if they try to import them to weurope they will pay a 50K euro fine for EACH car sold. So in that case it was upheld.

This isn't "racism" but is "culturism".
    If CHina wishes to share in trade it has to learn the lessons of reasonable operation and protectino of individuals and business rights.
    "we" went through the same 100-200 years ago, so not unreasonabel for China to have to come up the same learning path ... jsut preferably a little quicker
    It was the Great Wall Peri, so yes, a Fiat Panda.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    they did something even better, they copied the 330 P3/4:

That's the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the time (and even now, thanks Berlusconi).
    here is a higher res image
    omg

even ferrari has a chinese clone???

and i thought that wasn't about to happen.
    Nothing to say...

Thread Information