Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nürburgring Challenge

Nürburgring Challenge

For all you sim racers out there, here is your chance to show off. I want you to post a video of your lap at Nordschleife (the northern loop of the Nürburgring) it is 22.8km (14.2mi) This is just a fun challenge to show off your skills.

I am using rFactor and set 30 different cars on the track. I haven't recorded one yet, but I just got my laptop working after not having one for over a month. i have my steering wheel/gas pedals and racing seat all set up with a 32" monitor. So as soon as I record a good lap, I will post it up on here!

I hope to see you all putting up your laps! Good luck

If i had something better than my phone to record videos then i would post one of mine on GT4 haha. The only thing that would be impressive is that i still use a controller and not a wheel

oh yeah? interesting rFactor lets you export video replays from the game directly ill post a picture of my racing setup in a few minutes...

Here is my setup. Yeah I know its not pretty, but its pretty good for being in Iraq. I found that seat left around an empty building and built the frame with 2x4s. Works pretty good
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    If i had something better than my phone to record videos then i would post one of mine on GT4 haha. The only thing that would be impressive is that i still use a controller and not a wheel
    I've got exactly the same problem, so no vids of me on Forza3.
    "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
    "Life is short, drive fast!" - Lamborghini
    "How's that for a slice of fried gold?"
    "I'll take the case!" - Harvey Birdman

do your game systems not hook up to a DVR? See this is what happens when they get rid of something good like the VCR. I used to record games on my VCR all the time, but now they are useless... I dont have a DVR, but i would think you could record with it?

or a $15 USB video capture device
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    or a $15 USB video capture device
    That is a good suggestion. I have done some practice laps in an E40 series BMW M3. Lot of corners to memorize but i got in under 10 minutes with having spun the car a couple times

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    I've got exactly the same problem, so no vids of me on Forza3.
    I think with Forza tho, if you have xbox live then you can save your replays and post them to the Forza website, you can do it all straight from the game.

I saved a lap time i ran in a Lotus Elan S1 with racing exhaust and a sports chip (116 hp) on GT4. My lap was a one and done (since the track is so long) in practice so i got a nice run up before the timer started at the start finish line. I ran it in 8'14.051. Prolly coulda been bettered if i ran some more laps with the ghost on and corrected some mistakes but i'd say that's not too shabby. If you really want a photo of the proof i suppose i could do that but you're gonna have to request it since it's more of a pain in the ass

Forza 3 will uplourde direct to the Forza site if you have live gold, you can then download them and convert to yousetube if you want - there's info on how to do that in the Forza 3 thread somewhere.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

yep, i have plenty of vids of me and whiteballz on forza 3. mostly shenanigans and trying to break the physics engine though.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by FastDriver View Post
    Here is my setup. Yeah I know its not pretty, but its pretty good for being in Iraq. I found that seat left around an empty building and built the frame with 2x4s. Works pretty good
    The fire extinguisher is a nice touch.

That is a good suggestion. I have done some practice laps in an E40 series BMW M3. Lot of corners to memorize but i got in under 10 minutes with having spun the car a couple times
    Let me make a correction. It is an E46 BMW M3. I just noticed I posted it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    The fire extinguisher is a nice touch.
    Thanks, I thought so. It has to be in our "chu" so i thought it looked good there

Let me make a correction. It is an E46 BMW M3. I just noticed I posted it wrong.
    I was going to ask about that..

Thanks, I thought so. It has to be in our "chu" so i thought it looked good there
    All good racing cars have an extinguisher, right?
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

"cool" woudl have been an F-22 seat Getting it in the door might be a problem though
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information