Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 889

Thread: Forza Motorsport 3

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Modena
    Posts
    9,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    My problem with this game is that, if the last one pushed both the graphics and the calculations to the 360 limits, what is the calculations going to be when you dump more resources into visuals. Given a finite amount of power, something has to give. Im guessing that this wont be as powerfull as FM2. My 2cents
    perhaps a more efficient program could save some resources for a better graphics or calculation.
    Even Wipeout Fusion was capable of slowing down the PS2 and it was one of the first games for the new console, but it wasn't certainly due to a extraordinary detailed graphics or too many objects action going on. I mean, the game was pretty chaotic in certain moments, but I've seen worst situations without so much slowing.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

    *cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    5,749
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Can you use G25 on XBox360?
    Negative.

    And the 360 wheel is terrible.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    501
    FM2 always felt like it was just FM1 in high definition. I'm glad they're going to make this edition more revolutionary than evolutionary. If they can pull off what they're setting out to do (technical wise) this should be a great competitor for GT5.
    Last edited by ThisBlood147; 06-02-2009 at 11:58 AM.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,458
    Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Negative.

    And the 360 wheel is terrible.

    Well that is the only argument I need against buying a 360....for all that I care they could many any customizing feature or paintjob or whatever they want, without a proper wheel = automatic fail for my money...

    back to waiting for GT5 on PS3...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,768
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Well that is the only argument I need against buying a 360....for all that I care they could many any customizing feature or paintjob or whatever they want, without a proper wheel = automatic fail for my money...

    back to waiting for GT5 on PS3...
    Yeah, seriously.

    Gran Turismo with its delays and all should be arriving in 2020.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Modena
    Posts
    9,828
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Well that is the only argument I need against buying a 360....for all that I care they could many any customizing feature or paintjob or whatever they want, without a proper wheel = automatic fail for my money...

    back to waiting for GT5 on PS3...
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Yeah, seriously.

    Gran Turismo with its delays and all should be arriving in 2020.
    I still don't understand how people are waiting for GT5 after all the other GTs being a smallish evolution of the previous, and most of all, with the not really perfect simulation being adjusted over the years.
    At first, with GT and GT2, I thought the game and the simulation were perfect.
    The trying other games, even smaller one, I understood not only that a lot of work was required, but that such failings weren't tolerable with all the hype around the product, the time required for the developing it, and the propaganda Sony and Poliphony built.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

    *cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Down Under
    Posts
    8,833
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Gran Turismo with its delays and all should be arriving in 2020.
    I hear it's going to be released as a double-pack with Duke Nukem Forever.
    Last edited by 2ndclasscitizen; 06-02-2009 at 12:51 PM.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    5,749
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    I hear it's going to be released as a double-pack with Duke Nuken Forever.
    Haha, gotta love vaporwares.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,458
    The problem is I can't take a supposed driving game(with sim focus, as opposed to blatant arcade like NFS or Burnout or Test Drive)serious when the platform does not even support one proper FFB wheel. Games being as limited as it is to simulate actual driving experience a decent FFB wheel is about the only thing that connects playing a game to sitting in a car, and even then you are really only feeling the car through the wheel, minus the G-forces. Without even that how can the experience be worthwhile? GT for all its flaws still at the very least get that formula half decent(Not GTR/GTL/rFactor/LFS/name your good PC sim good, but about as good as console gets). And firing up PS2 to play GT4 is still fun for that reason alone.

    Besides, I say waiting, but in the meantime I am not losing any sleep and I still play all my PC driving games....when I bought my PS2 and GT4, I paid $120 for both. The longer I wait the more likely that Sony might acutally drop the price for PS3....lol
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Modena
    Posts
    9,828
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    The problem is I can't take a supposed driving game(with sim focus, as opposed to blatant arcade like NFS or Burnout or Test Drive)serious when the platform does not even support one proper FFB wheel. Games being as limited as it is to simulate actual driving experience a decent FFB wheel is about the only thing that connects playing a game to sitting in a car, and even then you are really only feeling the car through the wheel, minus the G-forces. Without even that how can the experience be worthwhile? GT for all its flaws still at the very least get that formula half decent(Not GTR/GTL/rFactor/LFS/name your good PC sim good, but about as good as console gets). And firing up PS2 to play GT4 is still fun for that reason alone.

    Besides, I say waiting, but in the meantime I am not losing any sleep and I still play all my PC driving games....when I bought my PS2 and GT4, I paid $120 for both. The longer I wait the more likely that Sony might acutally drop the price for PS3....lol
    I agree...but GT4 isn't a decent sim in my book, without considering those PC's sims you quoted.
    Have you tried Enthusia?
    I bought the PS2 with GT4 as you did (payed 200€..), and bought Enthusia just to have something different to play, after that I rented it, and it didn't impressed me in that occasion.
    Now I can't turn on GT4 because Enthusia is so much better...
    perhaps the sim of racing cars isn't perfect, but surely more realistic than in GT4. Even SCAR, a much smaller and cheaper title, has a better simulation than GT4.

    Note: I don't have a wheel, and I'm fine.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

    *cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    hamilton, ontario, canada
    Posts
    792
    fanatec | Forza Motorsport

    6-SPEED ANYONE?
    The McLaren F1- The most fun you can have with your clothes on


    "Live Fast, Die Young, and Leave a Good Looking Corpse" -James Dean, weeks before dying in a car crash at the age of 24

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    5,749
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I agree...but GT4 isn't a decent sim in my book, without considering those PC's sims you quoted.
    Have you tried Enthusia?
    I bought the PS2 with GT4 as you did (payed 200€..), and bought Enthusia just to have something different to play, after that I rented it, and it didn't impressed me in that occasion.
    Now I can't turn on GT4 because Enthusia is so much better...
    perhaps the sim of racing cars isn't perfect, but surely more realistic than in GT4. Even SCAR, a much smaller and cheaper title, has a better simulation than GT4.

    Note: I don't have a wheel, and I'm fine.
    GT4's biggest problem is, by far, its total misunderstanding of grip.

    Quote Originally Posted by mclaren_crazy View Post
    Nice, but I'd feel like such a knob having a wheel with a Porsche logo on it. I'd def play FM3 with this wheel while smoking me Porsche Design pipe.

    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Modena
    Posts
    9,828
    Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    GT4's biggest problem is, by far, its total misunderstanding of grip.
    That, or the bad simulation of less powerful cars, or the bad simulation of FWD cars, or the bad simulation of car's physics once it loses contact with the road, or the bad simulation of the engine's sound, or...
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

    *cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,458
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Note: I don't have a wheel, and I'm fine.
    Then you are missing a lot....GT4 has decent feel of when the grip drops off the tire when you steer past the peak of self aligning torque, which is the most important aspect of simulating the steering effect. All that shaking and rattling is secondary to that. I haven't tried enthusia, so I can't comment, but as an experience GT4 is good enough for a console. Which I expect GT5 to be at least as good, and hopefully better...

    Fanatec wheel is getting good review for PC, but the wheel is just part of it, since it never had a good wheel before who knows if Xbox360/Forza's FFB code is any good....but at least its a start...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

  15. #30
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    USA, Colorado, Vallecito Lake
    Posts
    3,825
    Just be careful which end you use eh?

    *edit* to davids comment
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Forza Motorsport!!
    By junaman in forum Gaming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 05:12 PM
  2. New forza motorsport Challenge?
    By adamfraser in forum Gaming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-13-2005, 08:46 AM
  3. Forza Motorsport
    By Rockefella in forum Gaming
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 01:28 PM
  4. Whose getting Forza Motorsport
    By shr0olvl in forum Gaming
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-05-2005, 09:51 AM
  5. Forza motorsports
    By morfeeis in forum Gaming
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 01:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •