Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mugen Civic Type R

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    Well I'll have the 360 spider then. It doesn't need an equalizur .
    are you loaded?!?!?!
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    You do bring up good points, and that many cars with different layouts and engines can be a lot fun. However out of all the layouts I've had the opportunity to drive, in general, the front engined rear wheel drive one is the one that is superior to me. Of course that's an opinion, but that's what we are here to discuss, aren't we?

As I said I like hot hatches, the good ones are brilliant. I also think that front wheel drive shouldn't automatically be discarded when you want to enjoy a good drive. Well balanced, well sorted front wheel drive cars can be a lot of fun down a proper twisty road. I'd gladly have a good one and pay for it, no problems at all.

The problems starts for me when these hot hatches become so focused they lose some of the qualities they used to have. You say they may be faster than some rear wheel drive sportscar, but in the real world that is meaningless to me. What I want is to enjoy the drive not set fast lap times. On that basis an FR layout offers you advantages than a FF can't have, no matter how optimised it is. Hot hatches work because they are cheap, simple and practical. I don't want to spend upwards of 40 thousand euros on what basically is a hotted up econobox, because I doubt it can give the same driving pleasure as an equivalent sportscar even if it's faster.

A normal Civic Type R makes much more sense to me because it's almost as good, but it's much cheaper, so there's no sportscar alternative. And therefore you don't need to make what could be argued would be unfair comparisons.
    Exactly that: personal opinions.
    I don't think this is so pointless for their future owners, just to those who aren't going to consider it, like you, and a lot of other people.
    I see the point for an extreme car like this as much as I see it for an extremer 350Z just to keep the comparison going. It's just an matter of points of view and taste.
    Surely thinking it's a Civic which costs twice the original car isn't helping, but in this way a few cars can survive the reasoning, even the GT3 RS or even an M3.
    Considering how I approach to a sporty driving, I'd prefer an extreme car for the weekend at the track and a normal one to bring it there as even a 320i, then a 350Z all the week, maybe.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

The problem with this one is not the fact that it looks like that or that it is too ricy or whathaveyou, the problem is that this(Jalopnik - Mugen Civic Type R Revealed - Civic) is much better....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Where's Julian Morrow when you need him

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGyH8Kf_0Fg"]YouTube - The Chaser - Wanker Number Plates[/ame]

Anyway, in all seriousness, here's a comparison between the S2K and the Mugen R. I'd probably still go for the S2K because of the fun factor:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sukHNCNGpns&feature=fvw"]YouTube - Mugen Civiс RR vs S2000[/ame]
    Turning money into memories.

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    are you loaded?!?!?!
    LOL. Well I'm not struggling. But no, I don't have a Ferrari. I do plan on it one day. The 360s are dropping nicely in value. The cheapest among them are already in the $70K USD range. In a couple of years that won't be so unrealistic for me.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    don't make get an NSX-R and really open up a can of vtak!
    Wow, I forgot about the NSX altogether lol. That car would probably suck the little civic up through its intake, chew it up with its pistons, and crap it out the back of its exhaust instead of merely passing it on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    also, did they fix the rear suspension.
    UK Civic Type R is still the twist beam rear...which makes a car a poor substitute for the JDM spec one. Which btw is about as fast as the FD3S RX7 around a track....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    UK Civic Type R is still the twist beam rear...which makes a car a poor substitute for the JDM spec one. Which btw is about as fast as the FD3S RX7 around a track....
    Apparently because of that they aren't selling many EDM Type-Rs. And that's why they are making this version.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I wonder what the price difference is between a grey market imported JDM Type R/Mugen Type R vs the UK-spec models....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I don't think there are much Mugens round where I live... what a pity. But then chances are, if I want a hot hatch, I would most likely get a Mini Cooper S. Seriously, they grow on you.

Anyway I reckon they should revive the NSX.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    Where's Julian Morrow when you need him

YouTube - The Chaser - Wanker Number Plates
    the DRF7N or whatever, that guy copped so much shit on the forums
    LOL. Well I'm not struggling. But no, I don't have a Ferrari. I do plan on it one day. The 360s are dropping nicely in value. The cheapest among them are already in the $70K USD range. In a couple of years that won't be so unrealistic for me.
    my guilty pleasure ferrari is a 512/testarossa... no idea why, want to rebuild one, do the equivalent of a fiorani/HGTE pack for it
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    yeah, the jdm one is a whole different ball game imo.
    for some reason the EDM version has been selling like mad here, but i suspect it's not to car enthusiasts as such - more people looking for a sportier civic. i shit you not, i see a one everyday on average when driving around.
    so far as i can tell this is either a poor man's substitute for an integra type R or just a really hardcore civic
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 06-23-2009 at 07:56 PM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    oh... OK!

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    I don't think there are much Mugens round where I live... what a pity. But then chances are, if I want a hot hatch, I would most likely get a Mini Cooper S. Seriously, they grow on you.

Anyway I reckon they should revive the NSX.
    yeah, Mini Cooper S's do gro on you like how the Supra and NSX and S2000 and MR2 grew on me! and they totally have to bring back that NSX!
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    this.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

The bias of some members amazes me constantly.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    The bias of some members amazes me constantly.
    were you calling me out? i miss my mini every day. i still think it is a fantastic car, and dont think there is a hot hatch available in the US that is better.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information