Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pagani Zonda Tricolore

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Not exactly good looking, had to spread the news.

Turns out the car is for Guarneri, customer and Pagani dealer in Marbella.
    The car was indeed going to be called "Zonda Marbella", but they probably remembered about the Seat MaArbella and chenaged their mind.
    Supposed to be chassis #76110.

This car has the same gearbox, rear wing and front splitters of the Zonda Cinque, air intakes on the rear wheel archess from the Zonda R, custom made fin (?!) on the engine cover and custom made position LEDs at the front.

The body is finished in blue and black carbon fiber, with an quite inappropriate blue stripe matching an Italian flag...

The headlights are new, maybe they are adaptive headlights.
    I'm going to take a guess saying the chassis is made of the new carbotitanium material as they aren't producing standard Zonda's since a while, and they also have to gain as much experience and information about this new material they have been using just for one year before of starting to sell the C9.

Pics are not mine, they are from an internet-friend, Ale1098.
    Those pics are really cool. Love, really love, the colour.

Interestingly, the car has a sign on the right side of the dash that says: 1 of 3, so I suppose this is not a unique car.
    Last edited by henk4; 03-30-2010 at 08:37 AM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Maybe that goes along with the 'tri' theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Maybe that goes along with the 'tri' theme.
    possibly, the cinque has a "1 of 5" sign...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Yes, the car indeed is no longer a one-off.
    Asked about the "1 of 3" badge, the Pagani staff in Geneva told me the initial owner (reportedly the Spanish importer, Guarnieri) didn't like it, so they were now offering the car as a special edition, updating the possible production to up to 3 cars, all equally looking on the outside. A new owner was already found however, and he was going to Geneva to check the car in the flesh and eventually sign the contract (1.3 M €).

The car was indeed sold, but I have yet to hear from the other two models being booked.
    I don't think Guarnieri didn't really like the car, since it has been in the making for more than one year (possibly due to preceding orders to be fullfilled), and it was known the car was going to scrap the silver piant job for a blue carbon fiber scheme already back in last autumn, if not before. In Geneva the car not only was wearing the "1 of 3" plate but it was aslo lacking the Guarnieri logo on the head rests. The logo was still visible on the luggages though.
    I think that more likely Guarnieri decided not to take the car as someone else was interested as well, and perhaps happy to pay more, since he recently also got a Zonda Cinque Roadster (initially "1 of 5", recently changed to "5 of 5"). Possibly the economic recession may have something to do with that as well.

Besides, I found it much better looking in first person.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thanks for the clarification Damiano, showing once more that we need you here

coolllll

Quick update, second car has been sold and should be presently under assembly. Third car is still pondered by a potential customer.

Official video, just released to celebrate the 50th anniversary of our national "Frecce Tricolori" acrobatic team. A bit too much on the epic side, music wise.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcfi-ji8S7I&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcfi-ji8S7I&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information