Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mormon's Believe in Santa Claus

Mormon's Believe in Santa Claus

I've started a pick-up summer semester at UNLV before the big move out of Sin City. I'm taking art just for the hell of it... 3 credits . While the class had some down time I struck up some conversation with the girl next to me. One topic led to another (mostly her talking about her Mormon family and six siblings and making a lame attempt to convert me) and we ended up on the subject of ridiculous gifts we had received over past Christmas's. She then proceeded to tell me about the strange gifts that "Santa" had given her over the years. I thought she was being facetious and I made a snide comment back about "Santa's" existence thinking that this was just some little joke we had going and that we could move on with our conversation. She then paused and asked me if I believed in the jolly man in the red jumpsuit. Of course I said no, hesitantly, thinking she was pulling one over me. But instead of the punch line I was expecting, she gave this puzzled look and then began to go on about her family's Christmas rituals involving Saint Nick. I knew she was serious as she kept referring to the guy as if she knew him in person.

To say the least, it was one of the most awkward conversations I have ever had. I really didn't know how to respond to this. What the hell kind of sheltered life did this girl live and shame on her parents for letting her go in public.

....oh, she's also 21.

holy $#!+

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    I've started a pick-up summer semester at UNLV before the big move out of Sin City. I'm taking art just for the hell of it... 3 credits . While the class had some down time I struck up some conversation with the girl next to me. One topic led to another (mostly her talking about her Mormon family and six siblings and making a lame attempt to convert me) and we ended up on the subject of ridiculous gifts we had received over past Christmas's. She then proceeded to tell me about the strange gifts that "Santa" had given her over the years. I thought she was being facetious and I made a snide comment back about "Santa's" existence thinking that this was just some little joke we had going and that we could move on with our conversation. She then paused and asked me if I believed in the jolly man in the red jumpsuit. Of course I said no, hesitantly, thinking she was pulling one over me. But instead of the punch line I was expecting, she gave this puzzled look and then began to go on about her family's Christmas rituals involving Saint Nick. I knew she was serious as she kept referring to the guy as if she knew him in person.

To say the least, it was one of the most awkward conversations I have ever had. I really didn't know how to respond to this. What the hell kind of sheltered life did this girl live and shame on her parents for letting her go in public.

....oh, she's also 21.
    dude, that is so flippin wierd. at my high school, there is a vice principal
    ( there are 4 at my high school ), and he's a morman with thirteen flippin kids. man, she must of thought that non-mormans believe in Santa. im 18, i don't believe in Santa thats for sure. this girl is pathetic.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

I'm sure all Mormons are different but I don't think the ones I know even celebrate Christmas in the "traditional western" sense.

Quote Originally Posted by demonrunning07 View Post
    I'm sure all Mormons are different but I don't think the ones I know even celebrate Christmas in the "traditional western" sense.
    true but LTSsmash's story was priceless! also, they claim that they don't segregate in their churches. i donno.
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    true but LTSsmash's story was priceless!
    true, I guess I had missed the point. lol
    Last edited by demonrunning07; 06-25-2009 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by demonrunning07 View Post
    true, I guess I had missed the point. lol
    i think its one of the best stories/threads ever since ive been on UCP.
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post

....oh, she's also 21.
    you can marry her, and if something goes wrong, blame Santa.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

can I just point to my signature?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

It makes sense, if you think about it.

They believe in other imaginary deities too.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Wow. This tops the girl in my school who had no idea why 9/11 was named 9/11.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

You're all missing the most important question..

Was she hot?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

yeah, she's probably wild in bed, if I were you I'd buy yourself a nice white beard and redjumpsuit.

mormons girls make catholic girls looks like..

bah..i got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    can I just point to my signature?
    Truer words were seldom spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    dude, that is so flippin wierd. at my high school, there is a vice principal
    ( there are 4 at my high school ), and he's a morman with thirteen flippin kids. man, she must of thought that non-mormans believe in Santa. im 18, i don't believe in Santa thats for sure. this girl is pathetic.
    Ha, I'm 18 too

Anyway I'm not religious at all. In our country, at least with my bunch of friends, we find Mormons weird.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

Thread Information