Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mormon's Believe in Santa Claus

say what you want about mormons, but they sure know how to build a nice temple.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Wow. This tops the girl in my school who had no idea why 9/11 was named 9/11.
    That's priceless...especially since she must've been ALIVE when it happened!
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one as an adult.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    Ha, I'm 18 too

Anyway I'm not religious at all. In our country, at least with my bunch of friends, we find Mormons weird.
    yeah,they are wierd. my whole high school thinks its a joke becuase of the fact that one of the 4 vice principals is a morman with a haircut from the 1800's and his official vehicle is the Chevrolet Express or bus is what me and my friends like to call it. and that brings up the t.v. show 18 Kids and Counting. them babies must slide right out of her. anyways, there's like a woman with 3 kids in my complex and she looks like a dude. mustache. terrible clothes and all. and worst of all. the Chevrolet Express vice principal comes to my complex/neighborhood. * screams *
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Wow. This tops the girl in my school who had no idea why 9/11 was named 9/11.
    because peugeot claimed the 0 in the middle....
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    because peugeot claimed the 0 in the middle....
    don't put riddles in this thread on religion....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    don't put riddles in this thread on religion....
    seems to me to be one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    seems to me to be one and the same.
    riddles are solvable, religion is not.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    riddles are solvable, religion is not.
    touche.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    You're all missing the most important question..

Was she hot?
    She looked more fake than anything, and wore an exorbitant amount of makeup.... so no, she was not hot. And her believing in a Santa Claus made her even less attractive.

There are a lot of Mo's in the Vegas area with it being so close to Utah and you can always spot them because they have this glazed look on their face. I'm pretty sure many of them take Valium or Prozac to overcome the pressures of trying to be so perfect all the time. It's even worse in Utah. When I go to Park City (to my knowledge, Park City has lowest population of Mo's in Utah) every so often for skiing and such, I have to travel through the Mormon Mecca’s (Orem/Provo) and those people look like zombie's. They are seriously drugged up there.

Humans as a whole are one strange bunch. The sooner we accept that, the better off we'll be. Even good ol' Michael Jackson's weirdness often pales (no pun intended) in comparison with the ways of various other groups in the world. Speaking from "the outside" we're never really in a good position to single any of them out or judge them though. Human nature has it that we will always pity and lack understanding of those that are different than us, and it goes for everybody. Mormons probably think all the non followers are pretty messed up to. Bottom line is, the world doesn't move forward when we stop and stare. Questioning other peoples' ideals and ways of life because we're not in agreement with them is completely futile. Everyone has the right to be as they will, so long as it doesn't affect anyone else in a negative way.

Some people say diversity is good.

I would say it's arguable in this case.

Went to Salt Lake one time to the Mormon Church there; the tour guide actually tried to tell us that Mormon beliefs were more logically founded than, say, Catholicism, on the basis of something along the lines of the following; Jesus is god, Jesus created the world in 7 days while god watched his son work such miracles, and that Jesus, apparently his own son, died for our sins.

While thinking about a single entity creating something, watching itself create it by way of second entity that is apparently the same thing, yet not because somehow that second entity is the one who purportedly died for people's sins, this great thought hit me....

"What the f*** kind of logic is that?"
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    While thinking about a single entity creating something, watching itself create it by way of second entity that is apparently the same thing, yet not because somehow that second entity is the one who purportedly died for people's sins, this great thought hit me....

I could never understand why a man had to die in order for everyone to be forgiven of sin. It purely doesn't make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    Went to Salt Lake one time to the Mormon Church there; the tour guide actually tried to tell us that Mormon beliefs were more logically founded than, say, Catholicism, on the basis of something along the lines of the following; Jesus is god, Jesus created the world in 7 days while god watched his son work such miracles, and that Jesus, apparently his own son, died for our sins.

The type of logic that's been deluded and confused from having been rewritten a thousand times over the course of 2000 years to suit whomever happens to be in power. Religion is a powerful brand of mind control...
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one as an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by switters78 View Post
    The type of logic that's been deluded and confused from having been rewritten a thousand times over the course of 2000 years to suit whomever happens to be in power. Religion is a powerful brand of mind control...
    Have you watched any of the videos by George Carlin? He's amazing when it comes to religion.

And practically, his opinion is my opinion on religion.

Thread Information