Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mormon's Believe in Santa Claus

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Wow. This tops the girl in my school who had no idea why 9/11 was named 9/11.
    are you serious?!?!?!? there was a girl in my 11th grade English class who had no idea that Canada had an army. or the time my English teacher went to Seattle to go see the Seahawks. he came back and a different girl ( i kid you not she was blond ) thought that Seattle was in China.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    I could never understand why a man had to die in order for everyone to be forgiven of sin. It purely doesn't make much sense.
    Agreed. That and the idea of an afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by switters78 View Post
    The type of logic that's been deluded and confused from having been rewritten a thousand times over the course of 2000 years to suit whomever happens to be in power. Religion is a powerful brand of mind control...
    So much agreed here. It is like the game "telephone", after enough repetitions, who knows what will come out.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Have you watched any of the videos by George Carlin? He's amazing when it comes to religion.

And practically, his opinion is my opinion on religion.
    Yeah, Carlin has been a hero of mine for a long time. His irreverence is more appropriate than a lot of things we're supposed to revere...

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    are you serious?!?!?!? there was a girl in my 11th grade English class who had no idea that Canada had an army. or the time my English teacher went to Seattle to go see the Seahawks. he came back and a different girl ( i kid you not she was blond ) thought that Seattle was in China.
    Ever watch that part of Jay Leno's show where he asks people off the street some questions about geography and basic knowledge and they NEVER know the answers!? Sometimes I'm shocked at how people could get so far without so much as stumbling on certain pieces of information.
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one as an adult.

Wow. This tops the girl in my school who had no idea why 9/11 was named 9/11.
    Yeah, Carlin has been a hero of mine for a long time. His irreverence is more appropriate than a lot of things we're supposed to revere...

Ever watch that part of Jay Leno's show where he asks people off the street some questions about geography and basic knowledge and they NEVER know the answers!? Sometimes I'm shocked at how people could get so far without so much as stumbling on certain pieces of information.
    never watched it but that does sound interesting!. a Canadian t.v. show went to a southern part of America ( i can't remember where ), and had asked what Americans knew of Candadians. most of 'em got it wrong but ONE child got it a question right! no offense or anything.
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post

While thinking about a single entity creating something, watching itself create it by way of second entity that is apparently the same thing, yet not because somehow that second entity is the one who purportedly died for people's sins, this great thought hit me....

"What the f*** kind of logic is that?"
    Richard Dawkins had an interesting take on that - why is an omnipotent and omnipresent God unable to change the future?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

She wasn't the brightest of the bulbs, which makes her presence in the school ironic - we're #1 in the city and relatively high in the nation. Meh. I just hope she was just really, really good at sarcasm and the guy I knew was misinterpreting it.

But I was there when the counselor went over her records, and needless to say, it was not pretty.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

;
    never watched it but that does sound interesting!. a Canadian t.v. show went to a southern part of America ( i can't remember where ), and had asked what Americans knew of Candadians. most of 'em got it wrong but ONE child got it a question right! no offense or anything.
    None taken...I don't live in the south I live in the Northeast. People tend to be a bit quicker up here on average, but there are still some dopes wandering around. I met a girl who had never been on the local highway...EVER...and she was 19 and had lived here her whole life!

No offense to the southerners on here!
    Last edited by switters78; 06-27-2009 at 09:42 AM.
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one as an adult.

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    So what does it mean when you believe words are pluralized using apostrophes?

On the original subject, now that I think about it, I'm not sure exactly when I stopped believing in Santa Claus. I just kind of gradually fell out of it, kind of like how I just stopped going to church when I went to college.
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy (in VA) View Post
    So what does it mean when you believe words are pluralized using apostrophes?
    Ah, you got me.

She wasn't the brightest of the bulbs, which makes her presence in the school ironic - we're #1 in the city and relatively high in the nation. Meh. I just hope she was just really, really good at sarcasm and the guy I knew was misinterpreting it.

But I was there when the counselor went over her records, and needless to say, it was not pretty.
    ;

None taken...I don't live in the south I live in the Northeast. People tend to be a bit quicker up here on average, but there are still some dopes wandering around. I met a girl who had never been on the local highway...EVER...and she was 19 and had lived here her whole life!

No offense to the southerners on here!
    man, i can't believe that! a girl with super bad grades and another who's NEVER been on the flippin freeway?!?!?!?!?! i've been on the freeway countless times and im 18!!! kingofthering, can you just simplify what you said but i knew what you were saying at the same time.
    PINGAS!!!!

kingofthering, can you just simplify what you said but i knew what you were saying at the same time.
    Not-very-smart person + "smart" school = my head exploding.

Thread Information