Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heart Transplant

Ive never seen any model Fairmont with a manual, although that doesnt rule out there ever being one. Ive certainly never seen any Fairlane manuals.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Ive never seen any model Fairmont with a manual, although that doesnt rule out there ever being one. Ive certainly never seen any Fairlane manuals.
    Here you go

Original Ford ZC Fairlane options list

Somewhere in the garage I've got an original road test of the Fairlane ZC 351 4-speed (with the GT-spec 4V motor) and for trivia they had a higher top-speed than XW Falcon GT, due to [quote] "the more aerodynamic extended tail"

3-speed manual was available in Fairlane Custom (6 and 302 V8) from 1967 ZA through ZF, and possibly into ZG?

Column-manual Fairmonts were still around in XA on special-order, and maybe XB too? Floor-manual Fairmonts were available as RPO into XB, a popular option, and possibly right through to XD. Fairmont Ghia offered manual trans into at least EB, and possibly ED.

I owned a really neat XA Fairmont 351 GS sedan with OE toploader manual, an early-build with the funky 'reverse' fuel gauge, in that great orange colour with rare tartan cloth inserts, A/C, sunroof, power windows, dual exhaust .. the lot! Cost me $1150, wish I still had it.

I can scan you an original 1972 road test of the above-spec XA if you're interested...
    Last edited by nota; 07-03-2009 at 09:00 AM.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    do you have this Ford Falcon?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Mine's a fair bit older than that, that picture is a rendering of the current '09 model. Mine is a '92 model like the one they used in Superman Returns instead of a Crown Vic.
    I am the Stig

like this one

Its a beast! I miss my fairlane
    The Datto will rage again...

My dad had one of them.. or similar anyway. I think it was slightly newer. Unfortunately it replaced his Alfa Romeo 90.. new company, new company car policy. I don't miss it one bit.. the Alfa on the other hand..

Thread Information