Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heart Transplant

Heart Transplant

A few months ago someone close to the family started suffering poor health. It didnt look serious to begin with, but the signs were there it could be fatal, so we took the precaution of resting it at home whilst a donor could be found. After some searching, a suitable donor has been found and a major heart transplant awaits.

When all is said and done, it should be running on a few more cylinders as well! All that is left is to track down a damn alternator...

Unfurtunately, the Falcon will be saying goodbye to the straight six and make way for a bent eight, kindly donated from an NF Fairlane i purchased not too long ago. Planning to make the trip will also be the gearbox, diff, loom and as much of the interior as i can fit.
    I am the Stig

Congrats!
    Old/new power and torque outputs?
    What kinds of problems was the 6 having?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Old I6 - 148kw, 348nm IIRC. New V8 - 165kw, 388nm.

The final straw was the engine started blowing enormous amounts of smoke, especially under any throttle. Prior to that, when i bought the car i suspected the transmission needed a rebuild. That wasnt critical though, driving sensibly the car wouldve lasted a good while but it wouldve needed to be done at one point. When i got it the transmission looked like it had motor oil in it. It was also drinking alot of water. It couldve been a simple leak, or a warped head. Both that and the smoke showed up a few weeks before rego was due, so i chose to save the $1100 it wouldve cost to keep it on the road and parked it, figuring i wanted to fix the paint anyway which if doing a proper job in my spare time couldve taken a few months. The new diff is going in simply because the Fairlane had an LSD, the Falcon came with an open diff.
    I am the Stig

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    A few months ago someone close to the family started suffering poor health. It didnt look serious to begin with, but the signs were there it could be fatal, so we took the precaution of resting it at home whilst a donor could be found. After some searching, a suitable donor has been found and a major heart transplant awaits.

When all is said and done, it should be running on a few more cylinders as well! All that is left is to track down a damn alternator...

Unfurtunately, the Falcon will be saying goodbye to the straight six and make way for a bent eight, kindly donated from an NF Fairlane i purchased not too long ago. Planning to make the trip will also be the gearbox, diff, loom and as much of the interior as i can fit.
    very clever. i like how you wrote that. for a second, i thought that someone ( person, not car ), was getting a real transplant! anyways, congrats.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

It's amazing how you build relationships with people over the internet to the extent where I was actually pretty worried going like "Damn, poor Jacob, this sucks, etc"

I did notice that it was on the User's Rides section, but still, the way the thread started probably got a few of us!

Anyway, post some pics before / during / after you bastard!

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_fx View Post
    it's amazing how you build relationships with people over the internet to the extent where i was actually pretty worried going like "damn, poor jacob, this sucks, etc"

i did notice that it was on the user's rides section, but still, the way the thread started probably got a few of us!

Anyway, post some pics before / during / after you bastard!
    super, major, shoop da whooped lol!!!!!!!!! :d
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Old I6 - 148kw, 348nm IIRC. New V8 - 165kw, 388nm.

The final straw was the engine started blowing enormous amounts of smoke, especially under any throttle. Prior to that, when i bought the car i suspected the transmission needed a rebuild. That wasnt critical though, driving sensibly the car wouldve lasted a good while but it wouldve needed to be done at one point. When i got it the transmission looked like it had motor oil in it. It was also drinking alot of water. It couldve been a simple leak, or a warped head. Both that and the smoke showed up a few weeks before rego was due, so i chose to save the $1100 it wouldve cost to keep it on the road and parked it, figuring i wanted to fix the paint anyway which if doing a proper job in my spare time couldve taken a few months. The new diff is going in simply because the Fairlane had an LSD, the Falcon came with an open diff.
    Why not just push it off a cliff and buy another one? It'd be a lot simpler, old Falcons like these are virtual giveaways...

Thousands to choose from, eg 1993 FORD XR6 ED FALCON

The six-cylinder goes similar to the 302cid V8 and is much more economical. In fact the XR6 actually outperforms that V8, as I recall.

Much like the current model

Yeah, I kind of didn't see the point, but whatever, good work nonetheless.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Much like the current model
    Lol. The new ones are selling pretty good for Ford, just nobody's reporting it.
    I am the Stig

Hope it'll accept the new heart.

What year is it?
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Its going into a '92 EB
    I am the Stig

Didn't that model only come in Slushbox?

Mustang ^^^^^^^
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Doesn't really answer my question, only tells me that hes replacing it but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Mustang Fan View Post

Doesn't really answer my question, only tells me that hes replacing it but yeah.
    In Oz the EB series could iirc be optioned with the V8-manual combo in any SWB sedan model (except Fairmont iirc) but I've seen it myself in Fairmont Ghia and Futura and Falcon 'undercover' copcars and of course XR8.

Btw for trivia Ford also built 10 of the now exceedingly rare EB SS 6cyl 'homologation specials' made specifically for Class E production racing, which competed against (you guessed it) Holden's own, and equally rare and forgotten, VP SS 6cyl homologation special.

Despite the miniscule production numbers, this EB variant did sport its own dedicated 'Falcon SS' badge on the bootlid, similar to other Falcon model-ID.

Thread Information