Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GTR Spec V 1/4 mile time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Not really ... hoest and realistic
    Yes yes... honest and realistic that the Rex is the best!

What other cars did you look at in that class when you bought the Rex?

Well I'd owned and competed in Alpine A610, BMW 325i, 911SC, MR2 that all shared some of the characteristics
    Had drives in Honda S2000, Boxster, Audi TT, XK8 ... but as it wasn't intended as a "long term purchase" ie it handled exceptinoally well and I wanted some fun, it wasnt an "exhaustive" serach Also all the "hot hatches" , Renault Clio and Megane 225s, VXRs got exercised at various trackdays.
    ( the PZ version the suspension and the exhaust were extensively reworked by ProDrive in the UK -- delivered from Japan, then stripped and rebuilt to ProDrive spec and components ).

Nothing in friends circle interested me and getting first hand experience of owning a rotary was a laudable aim -- at least then I can slag it for it's failings compared some of theirs since ... Focus ST, Volvo S60, Merc SLK Kompressor, 911GT2 and GT3 ( I know, silly, but fun )

At the end of the day, I can recount almost every lap and mile of road in every car I've driven on twisties and track. So we can include those from the last couple of years, Jags, Alfas, Honda etc etc

But, getting back to fanboys, you want to try posting in an RX8 forum advising someone NOT to buy one because the first thing they needed in a car was good fuel consumption THEN you get the fanboys telling the person they shoudl buy an '8 but get a better job, not drink so often etc etc ... now THAT's fanboy;ism

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Well I'd owned and competed in Alpine A610, BMW 325i, 911SC, MR2 that all shared some of the characteristics
    Had drives in Honda S2000, Boxster, Audi TT, XK8 ... but as it wasn't intended as a "long term purchase" ie it handled exceptinoally well and I wanted some fun, it wasnt an "exhaustive" serach Also all the "hot hatches" , Renault Clio and Megane 225s, VXRs got exercised at various trackdays.
    ( the PZ version the suspension and the exhaust were extensively reworked by ProDrive in the UK -- delivered from Japan, then stripped and rebuilt to ProDrive spec and components ).

Nothing in friends circle interested me and getting first hand experience of owning a rotary was a laudable aim -- at least then I can slag it for it's failings compared some of theirs since ... Focus ST, Volvo S60, Merc SLK Kompressor, 911GT2 and GT3 ( I know, silly, but fun )

At the end of the day, I can recount almost every lap and mile of road in every car I've driven on twisties and track. So we can include those from the last couple of years, Jags, Alfas, Honda etc etc

But, getting back to fanboys, you want to try posting in an RX8 forum advising someone NOT to buy one because the first thing they needed in a car was good fuel consumption THEN you get the fanboys telling the person they shoudl buy an '8 but get a better job, not drink so often etc etc ... now THAT's fanboy;ism
    crazy man
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information