Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince

Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince

The reality of a movie like this is, many of us will probably end up seeing it for random reasons. However, nobody is going to admit to it, let alone create a thread. So, I thought I would change all that.

Here's my story:

I had a bad feeling right from the beginning, just standing in that lineup prior to the movie. It was like a massive clusterF*** of all kinds of strange characters. If these weren't the people that spent their highschool days hanging from their underwear inside their lockers, I'd be thoroughly surprised. Why did I even agree to stand in the line on opening night? Well, if it weren't for my best friend about to leave to Australia for a half year, to study abroad, and a shortage of things to do on a weeknight, I probably would have just stayed home. They actually managed to make a 2 & 1/2 hour movie with really not much else but boring scenes, and random jokes that weren't funny. To think I walked into the place with the thought that it could potentially be somewhat exciting or at least interesting. Aside from the movie being terrible, my girlfriend had her Blackberry Curve stolen out of her purse from the people sitting behind us. We know this because she had it half way through the show, clearly remembers putting it in her purse, and each time I tried to call it later that night it would go directly to voicemail (ignored call). This morning, we try again to give the individual the benefit of the doubt, only to find out they've now turned the phone completely off.
    All in all, the night was a colossal waste of time and money. I'm giving the lady my old pay&talk to fill the time gap, and hopefully I can catch my friend for one last lunch to make up for the lame experience before he's off to down under.

In summary, with all my other negative experiences out of the equation, take your $6 or $7 (whatever it costs to see a movie where you live) and buy yourself some ice cream instead.

I wasn't going to see it anyway, but thanks for the tip.
    Sorry for the phone.
    Over here cellphones are easily traceable even when the SIM card has been removed, and usually police does it. just say they stole also 200 bucks and the whole purse.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Rogers didn't mention anything about being able to trace it. All they were able to do for us is neutralize the phone. Now, nobody can use it anymore, regardless who's sim is in it. As for the police over here, or RCMP as we call them, they don't do much for people. All they're good for is hiding around corners to catch people going over the speed limit, or maybe the odd drug bust or tazing. If something gets stolen, they might come by, ask some questions and take a few notes, and then its forgotten about. Their excuse every time is "this happens all the time," or "we have bigger things to tend to."

got it.
    it mayhelp being the second country in the world for cellphones (or maybe the first, don't remember).
    the other being japan of course.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I watched it yesterday with the gf and friends, I don't think it was bad. Not worse than any of the other Harry Potter movies. You either like the genre or you don't.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

harry potter movies are made for a specific audience. so people on this forum arent that audience for example. but for orange wednesdays (2 for 1 tickets) i was there yesterday to see public enemies. And since it was the potter release date the entire theatre was packed with people trying to see the half blood prince. Its popularity is insane. People were coming out if it being really touched by the ending (which we all know from the books is that dumbledore dies). My sister cried all night. The annoying thing is that when potter was fully booked all the people who couldnt see it saw our movie instead. So our theatre was packed uncomfortably.

There areny many film-from-book franchises that have had 8 movies made from them. This is a mega successful movie series we have here. And for what its worth. They deliver on all fronts as regards their audience and the subject matter. I do slightly enjoy watching the films (without all the annoying kids). Since I was a fan of the books.. They leave out alot from the books however, and the next movie (last book) is to be split in 2 because of its length. So we can all enjoy a bit more potter mania ruining our lives.

wow i didn't know there was 7 harry potters now
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Harry Potter is like the new Star Wars; you like it but are ashamed to admit it. Although, I never did get into the books or movies at that. In fact I've only read the second book for a grade school book report. So, that should show you how much I know about the Potter hysteria. But I can relate on the basis of the old school Star Wars (episodes 4-6), that was my thing growing up.

I can agree they have definitely been hugely successful, but since those books first came out in 1997 (?) I seem to have lost touch with the story. It didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, and for that reason I found myself sitting checking my watch every 15 minutes. I'm not so sure even the diehard Harry fans enjoyed it that much either, because there wasn't near as much clapping or cheering at the end as I expected there to be.

Mu son and daughter went to see it last night. People actually fell asleep during the movie. It was pretty boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Canam fan View Post
    Mu son and daughter went to see it last night. People actually fell asleep during the movie. It was pretty boring.
    haha, I will admit I nodded off for minutes at a time near the end. I nearly missed Dumbledore dying. My eyes opened just as the evil teacher said abra kadabra.

Yeah, I too had been a fan of the series, but I haven't followed the movies since watching the first three. I know that they leave out a lot, so I leave out watching the movie too.

The books were a great read, but looking back, Harry Potter looked like a big wuss to me.

I mean, the guy never did anything. Isn't that the opposite of what a hero should do?
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 07-16-2009 at 03:27 PM.

Dumbledore dies!!!!

Is he the old guy?

Not a fan of HP, I've seen some of the movies (On HBO and what not...) and I believe I saw one at the movies... 3rd or 4th movie I think, but they're excruciatingly boring most of the time.

I'm a fan of Twilight (Yeah so what, I said it), read all the books, and looking forward to all the movies.

Here's the trailer of the second movie:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnyDdfVgqnQ"]YouTube - Twilight : New Moon - Official Trailer [HD][/nomedia]

You big softy Niko (its okay, I still respect you )

twilight is at least dark and moody.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I got really bored a while ago and the library near me was pretty small at the time so I ended up reading the books. Took me about a week to read them all, but I've never been to see the movies.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Thread Information