Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Did you read the books?

HP IS getting darker and more depressing. it's about good vs evil.....
    I mentioned it before , NO I didn't, I was answering to your point of something more artistic being depressing as a given fact, and not criticizing the movies against the books.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I was using depressing artistic pieces as a generalisation.

but you have to admit, most of the stuff that gets an oscar or Palme d'or really is about horrible events happening to good people.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I was using depressing artistic pieces as a generalisation.

but you have to admit, most of the stuff that gets an oscar or Palme d'or really is about horrible events happening to good people.
    like The Lord of the Rings?
    Yes, some good stuff coming out of Cannes (rather than the Oscars) can be quite depressing (A History of Violence comes to mind), but that's not the only thing I could consider a good movie.
    Form the same director, Existenz, or things I saw recently, Michael Clayton was a good one (got to see it again though), or The Hurt Locker as well. All non depressing stuff.
    As an extreme example, a very extreme one, I'd dare to say Crack is an excellent movie. It doesn't try to be showy or cool, it is not all about uber special effects even if it contains some of them (and of a bad quality), but if you are a bit into trash movies, it can't fail entertaining you, and it has some very well filmed scenes.
    Something less extreme: Dogma, or even Ace Ventura.

I'll admit. Dogma is awesome.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Some people tried to talk me into it, but I declined. Let's face it, Hermione is 40% jailbait. Epic boobs those are not.

We ended up watching my copy of Old Boy. See now there's a movie that will mess with first time viewer's heads. And I love it.
    Turning money into memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    Some people tried to talk me into it, but I declined. Let's face it, Hermione is 40% jailbait. Epic boobs those are not.
    LMAO. Isn't she 18 by now?

Not so bad...
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

I checked and she's 19.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post

Not so bad...

you do recognize a padded bras right?

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post

Not so bad...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I checked and she's 19.
    I say, if there's grass on the field, play ball LOL jk

As for Leon, I can totally understand where he's coming from. They shouldn't create average movies just because people will go to them. Movie goers are the customers, and they deserve to get their money's worth. It is possible to make nearly every kind of movie enjoyable to see. Take something like The Proposal for example. The concept of a boss trying to stay in the country and having to marry a lower paid employee to do so has "potential for failure" written all over it. Instead, it was one of the funnier movies of late that I will remember for some time. Now, a movie as HUGE as one in the HP series should be jam packed with goodies. This one just wasn't though, and I thought it was completely lacking in that field. Regardless, astronomical sums of people all around the world went to it, because their expectations were high. They came out of it thinking it was "ok", or "alright I guess." The same goes for once big stars like Adam Sandler. I can't think of a movie that he's made in the last couple years that actually made me laugh. The last ones were Big Daddy and The Longest Yard. All others have been nothing short of terrible. Still, people are going to these movies because the first impression was lasting, and they hold onto this hope that the next one will be equally awesome to watch. I think its safe to say the producers and creators of these films have a pretty good idea this is happening, and they take advantage of it. "Don't worry boys we don't have to try, they'll watch it anyway. That's why we put effort into the first ones."
    I'd like them to look themselves in the mirror at the end of the day and honestly be able to say "we've just made a good movie that people will like." I don't think they could. Some of those shows really just feel like a 'keep-riches-coming-in-scheme', feeding off the image of earlier successes.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    I say, if there's grass on the field, play ball LOL jk
    That popped in my head when I was posting that she's 19.

Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed.

After 12 it's lunchtime.

Let's hope cargirl doesn't read this.
    Last edited by Kitdy; 07-17-2009 at 01:42 PM.

That popped in my head when I was posting that she's 19.

Old enough to breed, old enough to breed.

After 12 it's lunchtime.

Let's hope cargirl doesn't read this.
    haha, I think she'd have left by now if she weren't. She lets us get away with lots. Cheers, cargirl! lol.

I checked and she's 19.
    Niko approves

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    I say, if there's grass on the field, play ball
    Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed.

wonder if those actors will ever get another role ever, or will they be forever "those kids from harry potter".
    i know seeing them in another movie would spoil that movie, because you'd be thinking "oh look it's harry f*cking potter here to save the day"
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Daniel radcliffe or whoever is harry potter has branched out into theater, and has been in a few roles (notably "December boys")
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post

wonder if those actors will ever get another role ever, or will they be forever "those kids from harry potter".
    i know seeing them in another movie would spoil that movie, because you'd be thinking "oh look it's harry f*cking potter here to save the day"
    Haha, when I saw Jeff Bridges drinking whiskey in Iron Man I almost shat myself. WTF is he doing drinking anything other than a white russian?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Thread Information