Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with this picture?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Yeah, you'd expect a brown guy in the drivers seat, not a fat Italian guy.

Just kidding, but it's certainly not something you'd expect.
    I'm thin, and never drove a cab
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I'm thin, and never drove a cab
    NY Italians are different.

NY Italians are different.
    I'm sure of that too.
    are there really a lot of Italians as policemen?
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I'm sure of that too.
    are there really a lot of Italians as policemen?
    I don't have specifics, but they do make a large majority.

Thats pretty slick. Ive been pulled over in Wake country, but only by marked cars at night.

Alamance country used to have a lot of tricks. Once saw a tan with landau top lincoln mk 8 with someone pulled over.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

That is ridiculous

They dont need a fast car, thats what helicopters are for.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

getting away from the cops has LITTLE to do with the ultimate top speed of your car / bike

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post
    That is ridiculous

They dont need a fast car, thats what helicopters are for.
    If you can prove that a helicopter is cheaper, than you may have a point. I think In this case less taxpayer's money is being used. (and if everybody just stuck to the rules, the authorities might even consider lowering taxes)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

The police don't need a chopper, just a radio. You can't beat the speed of light.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    The police don't need a chopper, just a radio. You can't beat the speed of light.
    The problem with that is then a fast car blows past the waiting car and they lose him in traffic and have no idea which car it is. Seattle had a Diablo siezed from a drug dealer as a DARE car for a while. They refused me a ride even after I offered them donuts.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

^^^^^^^ that's what car registration plates are for

Some additional facts I got yesterday: The driver refused to pull over even when the blue lights were flashing. He did eventually stop, appeared to be calm, and even consented to having his car searched. That's when they found two kilos of coke in the back.

As for not being able to outrun the radio, that is true, but radios do not always help. Especially when there are police scanners involved. Example; a Cobra was running a bike on the interstate. Cop came down from on-ramp and went after them. The bike had slowed down to 100 by the time the cop passed him going for the car. However, by then the Cobra was already doing +180, and managed to get away.

Choppers can't always be scrambled in time. Other police cars might very well not be in the area. Most of the time individual cars will be on their own long fr too long. As mentioned, the Chargers top out at 150, and the marked Interceptors at in between 110 and 120 depending on the model year. That's not a heck of a lot when they're trying to catch cars that'll do 0-120 in less than 10 secs. (This is just an example, but a Cobra with a Kenne Bell blower swap goes something like this [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDuLPXunHQQ"]YouTube - Kenne Bell Cobra 160+mph Speedo[/ame])

Video recordings are not always that useful because it - so far - is up to the cop to start recording. There is a new system about to be introduced that is hard drive based. It is constantly recording, but will only save starting 3 minutes before lights or sirens are switched on. There has been numerous examples of cars blowing by police cars only to slow down when out of sight. If the video got switched on too late, the police have no evidence and thus can't do anything
    Last edited by Rasmus; 07-19-2009 at 02:02 PM.
    Turning money into memories.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    tis the ultimate Ghost Car of the police department.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    Thats pretty slick. Ive been pulled over in Wake country, but only by marked cars at night.

Alamance country used to have a lot of tricks. Once saw a tan with landau top lincoln mk 8 with someone pulled over.
    Yeah, taxis are ubiquitous in NY. It's the last thing you'd expect to be a police car.

Rasmus, not to be annoying, because I'm sure it's been brought up many times in the past, but chasing a car at 150+ or not, you're endangering the lives of others that much more. Unless you are sure you can direct the guy running from you so you don't cause any collateral damage, the police really shouldn't be chasing anyone. It's great if the guy wraps himself around a tree and kills himself only, but it's not so great when you take out some other people. I hope the police department using the Z06 knows that.

Rasmus, not to be annoying, because I'm sure it's been brought up many times in the past, but chasing a car at 150+ or not, you're endangering the lives of others that much more. Unless you are sure you can direct the guy running from you so you don't cause any collateral damage, the police really shouldn't be chasing anyone. It's great if the guy wraps himself around a tree and kills himself only, but it's not so great when you take out some other people. I hope the police department using the Z06 knows that.
    You're most definitely not annoying. It's a very valid point, and one I just so happen to share.

Police in Denmark are not allowed to do high speed pursuits, and they're almost never allowed to do fishtail maneuvres. Over here in the US, that's not quite the case.
    Turning money into memories.

Thread Information