Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with this picture?

Seen the chases in South Africa? Epic stuff. Like a freaking movie with M3s pursuing at high speed and cops hanging out the windows firing MP5s. But look at the number of carjackings there, people are demanding the police do something.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    You're most definitely not annoying. It's a very valid point, and one I just so happen to share.

Police in Denmark are not allowed to do high speed pursuits, and they're almost never allowed to do fishtail maneuvres. Over here in the US, that's not quite the case.
    Thanks. It's certainly something that the police need to think about before they go all crazy and chase them. I mean, eventually, if they run long enough they run out of fuel anyway. Might as well tail them from a distance. There was a technology featured on Popular Science where there is a concentrated microwave emitted from a source that fries all the electronics on the car. Looks like a nice way to end things quickly. I just don't know what happened to it. Maybe it never got past the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    If you can prove that a helicopter is cheaper, than you may have a point. I think In this case less taxpayer's money is being used. (and if everybody just stuck to the rules, the authorities might even consider lowering taxes)
    Yea but chances are they've already bought/have one or more. Selling the Z06 would have made more sense. Less tax dollars? This car is not cheap to fix. What are they gonna do when its time for a pit remover. "alright guys, I caught up to the suspect...now what do I do?" "Should I try and shoot my gun at his tires while going 100mph while driving a stick?"

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    The police don't need a chopper, just a radio. You can't beat the speed of light.
    I agree, even better.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    here in Edmonton, im pretty sure that we don't have these high performance cars in our police department and we totally don't have a helicopter in the police department either. we only have a helicopter for one of our news stations.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

There was a guy near where I used to live who had a suped up datsun 240z that used to outrun the cops just for the lulz. Radios never did work until they got a car that could actually keep relatively close to him (sherrif was driving his T-bucket with a 327 at the time the call came in) and they finally got him. It was actually kind of sad.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    There was a guy near where I used to live who had a suped up datsun 240z that used to outrun the cops just for the lulz. Radios never did work until they got a car that could actually keep relatively close to him (sherrif was driving his T-bucket with a 327 at the time the call came in) and they finally got him. It was actually kind of sad.
    sounds like an epic chase.... T-bucket vs Z.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Was it blue and did it have a habit of killing its previous owners? :P
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

What's a T-bucket..?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    What's a T-bucket..?

Yessir, it's a 30's Ford T roadster -- or replica body shell -- with a rather ridiculously large V8. The Chevy 350 is a popular one because of it's small size, but you also see old school Hemis and Ford V8s in them. Rear tires are usually way over 300 wide.

I think there might be one or two at the cruise-in I'm going to this weekend. I'll get some pics and stories if anyone is interested.
    Turning money into memories.

teens and 20s.... i think 28 was the last year for the T. went to the model A after that. and they are really bizarre vehicles, often having well over 300 hp and a frame that is weaker than a paperclip.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    teens and 20s.... i think 28 was the last year for the T. went to the model A after that. and they are really bizarre vehicles, often having well over 300 hp and a frame that is weaker than a paperclip.
    Correct, my bad. I meant to say the T hotrodding and modding started in the 30s. I think the T-bucket term and car as such got coined sometime in the 50s. If I'm not mistaken, it was Norm Grabowski's Kookie that coined it.

These days they're mostly for shows, although they do pop up every now and again at the drag strips just for shits and giggles.

Anyone over 6ft tall will have to go origami on their legs to fit in a T-bucket. I, generally, have more room in a gokart.
    Turning money into memories.

one of my least favorite hot rod genres.. i much prefer the lines of a 33-34, or the late 40s- early 50s sedans, chopped and lowered. the buckets are kinda cool for being able to see every aspect of how the car works though. everything is on display.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    Yessir, it's a 30's Ford T roadster -- or replica body shell -- with a rather ridiculously large V8. The Chevy 350 is a popular one because of it's small size, but you also see old school Hemis and Ford V8s in them. Rear tires are usually way over 300 wide.

I think there might be one or two at the cruise-in I'm going to this weekend. I'll get some pics and stories if anyone is interested.
    Wow, that's cool. Thanks for the info guys.

Today I saw something new- a Ford Fusion undercover police car on Canal Street. Very slick with the strobes and all. And no telltale huge antennas and stuff. They're stepping up their game.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Wow, that's cool. Thanks for the info guys.

Today I saw something new- a Ford Fusion undercover police car on Canal Street. Very slick with the strobes and all. And no telltale huge antennas and stuff. They're stepping up their game.
    They're finally figuring out that when people see a Crown Vic, they know it's a very very old person or a cop.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Thread Information