Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R.I.P iPhone Worker in China

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    Like if "one" were to pay half again as much for a comparable computer because it looks pretty and is fun to use?
    the hardware may seem overpriced, surely not the OS.
    My (dad's) 1.000 € Mac is working fine with OS X and 1 gb of ram, 128 mb of video ram, 2.0 GHz.
    Try to run Vista on that computer and get the same performance out of it.

(for the record, here Mac and PC cost more than in the States).
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Ok, so that wasn't a totally fair comment. I would have gotten a Mac instead of a Dell if I wasn't worried about looking like a hipster tool bag.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Ok, so that wasn't a totally fair comment. I would have gotten a Mac instead of a Dell if I wasn't worried about looking like a hipster tool bag.
    that's specifically the reason posted by Roentgen.
    People who buy a Mac are really into it, while those who were willing to buy it, but eventually didn't as you, are "afraid" of the consequences. Hence, those who have it, appears as douches.

I see this happening all the time. The right point is that, yes, a Mac is a powerful machine and has an excellent OS (imho), but a few people really use it for what it is. It's fine if DesmoRob got it because it's easier, for him, to use it, that's the reason why I bought one for my father (see as: I convinced him to buy one).
    A lot of people though buy them just because they are Macs, but they don't know what that means, or think to be cool just because it's a Mac instead of a Dell/Asus/etc etc.
    Mac's users are a bit like Mini's owners. Some of them are really enthusiasts who bought the little box because it's frigging funny, other because it's a Mini, and it's what all cool kids have.

by using a Mac you can actually emulate the UCP commander in chief....so get your priorities right.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPoZvRiBbgM"]YouTube - Hitler gets a Mac[/ame]

I would have gotten a Mac instead of a Dell if I wasn't worried about looking like a hipster tool bag.
    Sometimes, basing your decisions on what everyone else is doing or says is cool just doesn't cut it. I'll admit it can be difficult not to avoid at times, but as far as I'm concerned, if someone has a problem with the way I go about my life and the choices I make, they can go f*** themselves. I wouldn't be riding a scooter if I was worried about people questioning my sexuality or wealth either, instead I do it because its easier than taking a car, and costs pocket change to fuel, insure, or fix. I take judgmental and critical stares from people all day long (scooters aren't popular in north america), and at the end of the day, I'm still the one laughing because I've spent a fraction on a day in my life compared with them in their jacked up masculine pickup trucks. I have no problem sacrificing my "cool appearance" for ease, savings, and efficiency in all aspects of my life. In the end, it will make the difference between getting ahead or staying behind with the rest. I've made nothing but awesome experiences with mac computers since I started with the brand in 2006. Prior to that it was nothing but PCs, and I couldn't say the same for them. I do what works for me, regardless what everyone else thinks, because people just don't know any better. To live everyday trying to gain their acceptance is utterly futile.

he should have known better than to use the martyrdom perk on the iphone. banzai.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    the hardware may seem overpriced, surely not the OS.
    My (dad's) 1.000 € Mac is working fine with OS X and 1 gb of ram, 128 mb of video ram, 2.0 GHz.
    Try to run Vista on that computer and get the same performance out of it.
    Well, are you comparing O.S.'s of the same number of bits? (32bit Vista vs. 32bit OS X)
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Actually one of the things that annoys me most about macs is that so many of the people who use them like to act like they're the next step in evolution and continually make snide comments about anyone who's not as "smart" as them. I won't get into the whole which system is actually better argument since both have their own actual and percieved advantages but I will say that (in my experience as a former CS major and nerd) many of the people who buy pc's buy them because they just want a computer and many of the people who buy macs do it because they like the image. Don't rip me apart about specific examples you have since I'm saying "in general from my experiences."
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

You'd have bought a Thinkpad if you wanted it to last.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    You'd have bought a Thinkpad if you wanted it to last.
    Oh trust me on this, macs last alright! lol.

I have a Macbook Pro from december 2006. From then, I've bashed it with full force 2-3 times, gamed on it for hrs almost everyday (I mean 5-6 hrs, unless I have school or goes out, and not like tetris, or something noob , I mean proper video games like Crysis, and CoD4), and only thing that ever went wrong with it, is one fan, which I replaced.

This is the only computer I have, and use.

I, gentlemen, would call that durability!
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    Well, are you comparing O.S.'s of the same number of bits? (32bit Vista vs. 32bit OS X)
    yes, never used a 64 bit OS

The worker probably killed himself because of Asia's shame culture/losing face culture. Losing the 4th generation i-Phone prototype would have brought shame upon him and his family.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    by using a Mac you can actually emulate the UCP commander in chief....so get your priorities right.
    That's it. I'm selling this P.O.S. and buying a Macbook Pro.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Thread Information