Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 197

Thread: Ferrari 458 Italia 2009-2015

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    3,151
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    that's true, and i'd pay the costs, to not have a 360
    I'm just gonna shake my head.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ōta, Gunma, Japan
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Well, I guess I'm gonna participate then.

    I've never been a fan of the 360's design, however, the CS is indeed one great, mean looking machine. I may or may not have secretly fapped about owning one. Virtually.

    As for 360 vs. 355, I prefer the latter. I like its low, wide stance. I usually don't like pop-up headlights but in the 355's case they are very appearling, and fit perfectly with the relatively squareish design of the car. The 355 just looks manly, aggressive. In contrast the 360 looks a bit feminine, too rounded.

    I'll take a Blu Tour de France F355 GTS, tan interior, 6-speed manual please.
    And that V8 sound... Pure music.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U46JoM8VKuw"]YouTube - best of the 90's - Ferrari 355[/ame]

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Southeast US
    Posts
    5,583
    It seems a lot of the tifosi are giving credit for the design of the 458 to Jim G. and his P4/5. Not that he designed the 458 but that his car influenced the 458 heavily.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Modena
    Posts
    9,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    It seems a lot of the tifosi are giving credit for the design of the 458 to Jim G. and his P4/5. Not that he designed the 458 but that his car influenced the 458 heavily.
    Quite possible, and it's even possible that Castriota himself had something to do with this car as well since he left Pininfarina less than one year ago.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

    *cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    So, when it comes to those two, who'd you take? The newer more refined and responsive one, or the dated, weathered, classic one?
    Between the two, honestly, I'm going with Sharon Stone (if only I were in my 30's in the 90s). I loved her in Basic Instinct (who didn't?) and Casino. Megan Fox's thumbs disturb me now and she looks as if she suffers from chronic stupidity.

    I'd ask you the same but that may be a conflict of interest given recent circumstances.

    Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    The 360 is the car that introduced me to Ferrari, so it holds a special place in my heart. It'll be the one I own one day.
    Well, the 355 was the first Ferrari I was driven in as a child so the sentimental value goes both ways.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast of the United States
    Posts
    11,811
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i like the side profile, though there is that funny downward crease though. and no air intakes on the side any more?
    overall..doesn't do anything for me, not pretty enough for a ferrri.

    also the perfromance is mental. this is supposed to be an entry level ferrari, yeah? jesus.
    the 360 was more than enough car for some people. what's this gonna be like??

    agree with this guy
    pistols at dawn for the naysayers
    It probably needs the performance boost to clear it out of the California's performance.

    Quote Originally Posted by JRodrigues View Post
    And that V8 sound... Pure music.
    Nice video!

    It's cool to see Jeremy Clarkson young.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Modena
    Posts
    9,826
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    It probably needs the performance boost to clear it out of the California's performance.
    100 bhp is quite a boost for a car about 400 kg lighter
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

    *cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    3,151
    Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    I loved her in Basic Instinct (who didn't?) and Casino. Megan Fox's thumbs disturb me now and she looks as if she suffers from chronic stupidity.
    I definitely loved her in basic instinct too, but I'm just not so sure I'd love her now . I'd go with Megan Fox and just bag her hands.

    Can you remember much of the 355 when you were little? As a child, you must've been blown away by a car being able to do what that one can.

    According to Tiff in that little clip above, it was pretty cheap for a Ferrari too. The 360 sold for at least 20K Pounds more when it was introduced. Inflation doesn't hit that quick.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Can you remember much of the 355 when you were little? As a child, you must've been blown away by a car being able to do what that one can.
    I remember that experience well. It was a red 355 that belonged to my friend’s father. It was the first time I had really been introduced to somewhat of an exotic car (this was back in 97 I believe so I must have been 8 or 9 years old)*. My father had (and still does) this long time affinity with Merc SL's so being near a Ferrari for the first time was very incredible.

    Michael knew I enjoyed gawking at his new toy when I would stay over so he offered to give me a ride. You know the feeling you get when you get on a roller coaster and you're expecting that rush? Well, that's what it was like for me when he turned the ignition and pulled out to the street. He must have driven me around for 45 minutes or so around the neighborhood and city. It was such a thrill driving around the city and seeing people turn heads. He intentionally would rev the engine and let it roar about; it was such a great sound (I'm sure he only did this to entertain my young self as he was not the type who would do that in normal situations).

    Needless to say, from that day forth I have made it my one of my goals to own a 355 just like his.
    Last edited by LTSmash; 07-30-2009 at 12:42 PM.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    45
    I still think the F355 is the best looking: however, I really like this car, and as for a F355 with a 458 engine... *drools over the thought*

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    3,151
    Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    I remember that experience well. It was a red 355 that belonged to my friendís father. It was the first time I had really been introduced to somewhat of an exotic car (this was back in 97 I believe so I must have been 8 or 9 years old)*. My father had (and still does) this long time affinity with Merc SL's so being near a Ferrari for the first time was very incredible.

    Michael knew I enjoyed gawking at his new toy when I would stay over so he offered to give me a ride. You know the feeling you get when you get on a roller coaster and you're expecting that rush? Well, that's what it was like for me when he turned the ignition and pulled out to the street. He must have driven me around for 45 minutes or so around the neighborhood and city. It was such a thrill driving around the city and seeing people turn heads. He intentionally would rev the engine and let it roar about; it was such a great sound (I'm sure he only did this to entertain my young self as he was not the type who would do that in normal situations).

    Needless to say, from that day forth I have made it my one of my goals to own a 355 just like his.
    Awesome! I love stories like this. These experiences are important for youngsters. It plants the seed in their minds that inspires them to do and achieve great things. I commend the adults that are willing to share these things with hopeful young kids. Have you come up with a time frame of when you ideally want the car by? Or is it just a "if I get around to it" type thing?

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Have you come up with a time frame of when you ideally want the car by? Or is it just a "if I get around to it" type thing?
    We'll, 'as soon as possible' would be the optimist in me talking. Also, taking into account that I'm 2 1/2 years from starting my career and that I really don't know if the path I have in mind will play out. I'll say 30 years old, being optimistic. That gives me ten years to save. Let's just hope 355's don't ever become some collectorís item and shoot up in price. As the 355 would be the first ultimate car I purchase.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    3,151
    Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    We'll, 'as soon as possible' would be the optimist in me talking. Also, taking into account that I'm 2 1/2 years from starting my career and that I really don't know if the path I have in mind will play out. I'll say 30 years old, being optimistic. That gives me ten years to save. Let's just hope 355's don't ever become some collector’s item and shoot up in price. As the 355 would be the first ultimate car I purchase.
    I think you'll be alright. Collector car or not, there will be a 355 out there for you when you're ready. If worst comes to worse, what some people have done that are very passionate about getting their dream car is to make it a part of their mortgage payment. It doesn't make sense financially, because you're paying the car off over the same length of time as your house. It just doesn't hit you nearly as hard as spending the extra money on a separate payment per month for the car alone, because the mortgage payment is only slightly increased with the addition of the car. At least your guaranteed on getting what you want, when you want it. That's not what I would do, but its just what has been done, because it works and people are happy.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    I think you'll be alright. Collector car or not, there will be a 355 out there for you when you're ready. If worst comes to worse, what some people have done that are very passionate about getting their dream car is to make it a part of their mortgage payment. It doesn't make sense financially, because you're paying the car off over the same length of time as your house. It just doesn't hit you nearly as hard as spending the extra money on a separate payment per month for the car alone, because the mortgage payment is only slightly increased with the addition of the car. At least your guaranteed on getting what you want, when you want it. That's not what I would do, but its just what has been done, because it works and people are happy.
    Oh no, I'd never take that route. Straight cash or 2/3 to 3/4 up front with a year’s credit at the most. Plus, a life time bachelor doesn't need a big house or mortgage . Upper East Side, 2 bedroom, condo will do it for me. I plan on spending my cash assets on toys and adventures opposed to an acre of lawn, stucco, and wood.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,159
    Sharon Stone was excelllent in Casino - I know this becuase I have never hated a character like I hated Ginger. It drew such emotion from me. Maybe you were supposed to feel sorry for her, but I just hated her.

    I dream of owning an F355 but my career path sadly doesn't really allow for one, and I don't really want a career that pays a lot that I wouldn't enjoy just to be rich. I'll be happy with what I have to be happy with. Bonus for anyone that gets that reference.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Really useful performance listings...
    By Egg Nog in forum Technical forums
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 06-20-2013, 10:45 PM
  2. 2010 Turkish Grand Prix (May 28-30)
    By Wouter Melissen in forum Racing forums
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 04:52 PM
  3. My new list of Ferrari Pictures
    By DarkPhenix in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-29-2007, 05:21 PM
  4. Ferrari Challenge
    By DarkPhenix in forum Multimedia
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 03:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •