Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Have A Funny Or Embarrasing Story?

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    is it air or liquid cooled?
    If air cooled, then probably it's real top speed is 80 km/h or less, depending on the specific model, with one driver obviously.
    If liquid, some of them manage to reach 100 km/h, but you have to adopt that silly aerodynamic position.
    Silly because you are doing 100 km/h on a scooter pretending to be riding an superbike.

Here in Italy we are pretty expert with those little things. Every 14 yo guys have one. Then asap they swap a 70 cc race engine together with a new carburetor, clutch and everything else, squeezing about 21 bhp out of it. they don't last much though.
    Fan assisted air cooled. Mine wouldn't reach 100km/h unless I drove it off a tall building. Only problem with that is it doesn't have air brakes.

I know the superbike position you speak of. I used to do that all the time, and throw my feet back on the passenger foot holds. My bent back lined up perfectly with the top of the trunk, making for a flawlessly aerodynamic scooter. I may have squeezed an extra 1 or 2 km/h of speed out of her doing that. I only did it when it was dark out though, because I look like a clown.

Today I was able to adopt a genuine superbike position on an '07 Ninja 636, while on a 150 km round trip through the beautiful country roads of the Okanagan valley. MY GOD ITS FAST!!!!! 0 - 100 and quarter mile times are virtually neck in neck with my old 749 Duc. It screams a lot more than the Duc though, and it gets its power closer to 10K as opposed to the Italian which was shifting at that point. It was a great scenic ride, and I wish it never ended. I spent the first 70 km or so on an earlier 90's Ninja 250 (I went with a friend that owns both bikes). Riding positions between the two bikes were day and night. With the baby Ninja you could open the living crap out of the throttle and wait patiently to go somewhere, whereas the 636 exploded with torque and took off like a spastic house cat. Awesome experience! Man I love bikes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DesmoRob; 08-05-2009 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Did you win with RWD at your benefit?
    lol...

It was stupid though, it's so easy to loose control driving like that....

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Fan assisted air cooled. Mine wouldn't reach 100km/h unless I drove it off a tall building. Only problem with that is it doesn't have air brakes.

I know the superbike position you speak of. I used to do that all the time, and throw my feet back on the passenger foot holds. My bent back lined up perfectly with the top of the trunk, making for a flawlessly aerodynamic scooter. I may have squeezed an extra 1 or 2 km/h of speed out of her doing that. I only did it when it was dark out though, because I look like a clown.
    That's indeed an embarrassing story I lived a few times .
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Ah, I came up with the bright idea of reading further down in the thread. It goes 70 km/h.

My 49CC had the needle buried yesterday past the last number on the dial which is 80km/h. My guess is I was doing between 85 and 90 km/h. Fiance on the back clinging to me like its armageddon. The scooter was screaming weeeeneeeeneeeneeneneeeneeneneeeee!!!!!!

Translated it probably means, "I don't want to anymoreee!!!!!!"
    It goes faster than 70, I just prefer not to rev the rings off it. It'll go about 85 if caned.

Exploded with torque and took off like a spastic house cat.
    Quote of the week.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

exploded with torque and took off like a spastic house cat. Awesome experience! Man I love bikes.
    it staggered sideways into a tree???
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Today I was able to adopt a genuine superbike position on an '07 Ninja 636, while on a 150 km round trip through the beautiful country roads of the Okanagan valley. MY GOD ITS FAST!!!!! 0 - 100 and quarter mile times are virtually neck in neck with my old 749 Duc. It screams a lot more than the Duc though, and it gets its power closer to 10K as opposed to the Italian which was shifting at that point.
    Just wait till you get a ride a bike with a real motor in it. You don't know what fast is yet.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Just wait till you get a ride a bike with a real motor in it. You don't know what fast is yet.
    I've been hoping to jump on a liter bike at some point, but no opportunity has presented itself yet. I know I'm going to be quite literally blown away. I want to lose my liter virginity to the Duc 1098. One way or another, I will make that happen. They hold demo days every so often at the dealership. I just need to hit one!

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    it staggered sideways into a tree???
    haha if I wasn't careful, easily. Good throttle control is a must, as tempting as it is to sometimes just roll that thing back, it will end you. But, like 2ndclass said, that's not even that quick compared to what's out there. There's really fast, and then there's omg I'm gonna die right now fast.

Good throttle control is a must, as tempting as it is to sometimes just roll that thing back, it will end you.
    Is this supposed to be a sexual innuendo?

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Is this supposed to be a sexual innuendo?
    lol. Usually I enjoy a pretty dirty mind but I completely missed that one.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    lol. Usually I enjoy a pretty dirty mind but I completely missed that one.
    o rly? anyways, your fart story was hilarious.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    o rly? anyways, your fart story was hilarious.
    Thank you, but I'm still on painkillers from it, so I think it's more embarassing for me. I'm pretty sure my dog is laughing at me.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Thank you, but I'm still on painkillers from it, so I think it's more embarassing for me. I'm pretty sure my dog is laughing at me.
    how old are you?!?!?! you get a major pain in your back for doing Farty Pay Back at your dog? now thats just funny! no offense or anything...
    and, how old is your dog?
    also, if i were to fart by any of you guys, i'd win automatically becuase women have the most attrocious farts.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    how old are you?!?!?! you get a major pain in your back for doing Farty Pay Back at your dog? now thats just funny! no offense or anything...
    and, how old is your dog?
    also, if i were to fart by any of you guys, i'd win automatically becuase women have the most attrocious farts.
    Too old. The dog is around 10 we think (rescue dog so we're not sure) which makes him pretty old for a 100+ pound malamute which may explain the digestive problems. It was hitting my back on the wall during a muscle spasm that did it, I think, but my back has been problematic for a while. It's not really the age, it's the abuse you put your body through and I always figured that anyone who lived to be 50 without some major recurring injuries had lived a wasted life. I just never expected it to catch up with me this early, I somehow always pictured dying spectacularly (nuclear blast, rocket crash, meteor strike) before I ever really had problems. Looking back, I was a pretty stupid kid.

At least you admit they don't smell like flowers.
    Big cities suck

Thread Information