Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hopped into our local dealer...

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    Australia's back on my list of places to visit before I die.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

lok maybe it will be the last place you visit before(when..?) you die?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    When I lived right out in the sticks I got a bad load of delivered firewood which unbeknownst was infested with giant huntsman spiders (australian tarantula genus) that were dead-set as big as your most widely extended fingerspan - thumb to little finger, and then some.

Well they bred up and loved the woodpile almost as much as the dry warm house, so bringing a fresh load of firewood usually meant introducing another fresh load of spiders into the living room. Once they were inside, you'd spot them crawling up the walls and they were such hefty buggers that you couldn't kill 'em with an energetic thong slap (footwear) no matter how hard you swung it, instead they required being smashed with the heel of a work boot.

Fair dinkum it was a messy business and by the time I moved out there were all these massive green solidified dribbles running down the walls of every room from dead huntsmen. It took several years and a fair few bites to finally get rid of the last of them.
    WOW screw that, i got the shudders readin that. We get wolf spiders here in the northeast US and the biggest i've seen them was only about the palm of my hand. The little bastards run around and don't spin webs but damn they're quick, they don't survive sandal hits though, thank God.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    WOW screw that, i got the shudders readin that. We get wolf spiders here in the northeast US and the biggest i've seen them was only about the palm of my hand. The little bastards run around and don't spin webs but damn they're quick, they don't survive sandal hits though, thank God.
    Had a health teacher in junior high who told us about her boyfriend getting chased down the road by a wolf spider. They were jogging along and saw it in the middle of the trail and she freaked out, so he went to stomp on it and it reared up on it's hind legs, so he started back pedalling and it chased him for a good ways. That's her story anyways.

I've held a goliath spider and it was awesome. Surprisingly heavy, too.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    When I lived right out in the sticks I got a bad load of delivered firewood which unbeknownst was infested with giant huntsman spiders (australian tarantula genus) that were dead-set as big as your most widely extended fingerspan - thumb to little finger, and then some.

Well they bred up and loved the woodpile almost as much as the dry warm house, so bringing a fresh load of firewood usually meant introducing another fresh load of spiders into the living room. Once they were inside, you'd spot them crawling up the walls and they were such hefty buggers that you couldn't kill 'em with an energetic thong slap (footwear) no matter how hard you swung it, instead they required being smashed with the heel of a work boot.

Fair dinkum it was a messy business and by the time I moved out there were all these massive green solidified dribbles running down the walls of every room from dead huntsmen. It took several years and a fair few bites to finally get rid of the last of them.
    ugh! i hate spiders. never liked them. i always thought that they were quite ugly. anyways, i have spider stories ( even though its off topic ).
    ive gone down in my basement a few times to do the litter box. and then, id approach an ugly, big, black, spider. and a house spider is quite huge where i live, i don't know about anywhere else. id say their 1cm in width. it just gives me goosebumps whenever i encounter a spider. and their flippin fast, hard to kill, like the dead huntsmen spider thingy, and they love to jump.
    there was a spider in my living room. it was crawling up the wall, and quite fast too. so im looking at it, my mom is looking at it as well, then i say:
    " It looks kinda cute. "
    when i said that, it turned around and looked at me. i thought it was creepy.
    and to bring the subject back, thats a cute kangaroo.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    ugh! i hate spiders. never liked them. i always thought that they were quite ugly. anyways, i have spider stories ( even though its off topic ).
    ive gone down in my basement a few times to do the litter box. and then, id approach an ugly, big, black, spider. and a house spider is quite huge where i live, i don't know about anywhere else. id say their 1cm in width. it just gives me goosebumps whenever i encounter a spider. and their flippin fast, hard to kill, like the dead huntsmen spider thingy, and they love to jump.
    there was a spider in my living room. it was crawling up the wall, and quite fast too. so im looking at it, my mom is looking at it as well, then i say:
    " It looks kinda cute. "
    when i said that, it turned around and looked at me. i thought it was creepy.
    and to bring the subject back, thats a cute kangaroo.
    Till it gets attacked by a bunch of giant spiders.
    Big cities suck

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Till it gets attacked by a bunch of giant spiders.
    o rly?
    PINGAS!!!!

omg. i lold so hard reading this thread.

Ive had Notas experience with firewood and spiders. Every winter its the same deal. We used to get it dumped in the front yard and then wheelbarrow it up the back so most spiders would get caught then but you'd always miss a few.

recently I bought a beater Stanza to strip and it came complementary with a brood of redback spiders underneath, the size of a 50c coin each... FK THAT! WD40 and a ciggiw lighter later, no more spiders.

And yeh thats a pretty small roo, im 6"6 and ive seen male grey roos as tall as me when fully erect. You know theyre more scared of you then you are of them... but it still freaks me out walking past them.

Oh they also wait by the side of the road at night until you drive past. then BAM! they smash your car. I swear they do it deliberately.

Oh and eels! We have mad eels thatll eat you! and drop bears thatll rip your face off when you walk under 'their' tree. And magpie birds thatll dive bomb you with the their claws oh and snakes thatll eat your pets! oh oh! and octopus thatll kill you if you step near em! This country seperates the men from the boys let me tell ya!
    The Datto will rage again...

you haven't lived til you've come face to face with a nesting cassowary in thick rainforest i tell you.
    closest thing to a velociraptor imo
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post
    omg. i lold so hard reading this thread.

Ive had Notas experience with firewood and spiders. Every winter its the same deal. We used to get it dumped in the front yard and then wheelbarrow it up the back so most spiders would get caught then but you'd always miss a few.

recently I bought a beater Stanza to strip and it came complementary with a brood of redback spiders underneath, the size of a 50c coin each... FK THAT! WD40 and a ciggiw lighter later, no more spiders.

And yeh thats a pretty small roo, im 6"6 and ive seen male grey roos as tall as me when fully erect. You know theyre more scared of you then you are of them... but it still freaks me out walking past them.

Oh they also wait by the side of the road at night until you drive past. then BAM! they smash your car. I swear they do it deliberately.

Oh and eels! We have mad eels thatll eat you! and drop bears thatll rip your face off when you walk under 'their' tree. And magpie birds thatll dive bomb you with the their claws oh and snakes thatll eat your pets! oh oh! and octopus thatll kill you if you step near em! This country seperates the men from the boys let me tell ya!
    and we have cougers that'll eat your insides, bears that will consume your eyeballs and disfigure your face, and seagulls that crap on your back.
    my mom had a collegue who went to Australia. she took some pictures when she was there and came back with flippin huge spiders.
    have you guys ever heard of the camel spider, now thats huge.
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    you haven't lived til you've come face to face with a nesting cassowary in thick rainforest i tell you.
    closest thing to a velociraptor imo
    ... Id forgetten about them...

eep.
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    have you guys ever heard of the camel spider, now thats huge.
    it's not a spider
    doesn't have any venom so i'm okay with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post
    ... Id forgetten about them...

eep.
    yah hate those claws

edit: trying to find pic of us playing with crocodiles at uni, can't remember if it was uploaded here or on old comp

That article makes Australian birds look like pussies. Not so.

Damn, clutch beat me to it.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I'd rather warm up the house with a flamethrower with those f***ers running around.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    You guys have birds that look like Taz in a party hat? I'm starting to second guess myself on moving out of BC.

And Nota, as for your Trojan warrior spider experience, I must say I'd rather roost in the chicken coop with the hens and let them keep me warm through the cold months, than put up with a house full of DVD sized arachnids.

You guys must have kangaroos like jesus has followers, if they've started shopping for cars already. No wonder so many are run over/shot/speared/knifed/bow-and-arrowed/cross-sectioned & BBQ'd by clutch/killed in sword fights by cargirl/etc etc etc.

Thread Information