View Poll Results: where do you want to meet?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Canada (BC rules)

5 16.13%
  • USA

15 48.39%
  • Mexico (its cheap and always hot)

1 3.23%
  • Australia (preferably somewhere we won't be killed/poisoned/dismembered)

5 16.13%
  • Europe

5 16.13%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: UCP Meet up...ideas?

Aussie Members already meet up fairly regularly...once or twice a year...

Feel free to tag along, you know, whatever. it's cool.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

USA i also go for detroit
    In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. -Tony Montana

If it's the US I suggest off the beaten path: Lebanon, Kansas. it's the geographic center of the US so then it's just as far for everyone on either coast and it'd be kind of cool if we all DROVE their since we're a car website and then we can all say we drove to the middle of the US. Kind of an interesting adventure, IMO any way.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    whereabouts are they niko?
    He lives in Adelaide. He has posted photos of Kangaroo Island, Port Noarlunga, Melbourne, Marion Bay - Yorke Penninsula, Sydney, Mt Lofty and Hanhdorf, etc... Everything is just beautiful.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I'm a firm believer that the west coast and east coast of the U.S. are more different countries than say western Canada and western U.S.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    So, you're saying there's a chance?

LOL! maybay....
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Out of the way places could be a little difficult. For example, I am in Cleveland-area most of the upcoming year and without a car.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    Out of the way places could be a little difficult. For example, I am in Cleveland-area most of the upcoming year and without a car.
    i thought it was Hell. Satanland.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Well, I already suggested Monaco...

Until then, you should all come down to Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    i thought it was Hell. Satanland.
    That is from when I spent most of my time at home in the suburbs of Washington D.C.

I should change it then I guess. Coldenflat, maybe?
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Well, I already suggested Monaco...

Until then, you should all come down to Vegas.
    A year ago I won a 4 day trip for 2 there, but I couldn't afford the taxes on the thing so I had to pass it up. Definitely some entertainment there.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    A year ago I won a 4 day trip for 2 there, but I couldn't afford the taxes on the thing so I had to pass it up. Definitely some entertainment there.
    In that case, I would have sold the opportunity to someone for twice the cost of the taxes. They'd have still saved money, and you'd have some spare change. Otherwise its just a wasted win .

While I like the idea and would dearly love to see it works, it's not gonna happen.

The logistics behind planning such a meeting on a worldwide scale are way too complicated, unless one of you folks wins the lottery and is willing to pay for everybody's plane tickets for us all to come and crash at his/her place.

I work a lot these days and most of my money go into my cellphone and interwebz bills, car payment, and girlfriend. The latter is especially expensive. I haven't got much left, and my everytime-I-go-out-I-must-drink-alcohol lifestyle doesn't help. There's no way I could save up for a trip unless it's incredibly cheap (Varadero in Cuba last year cost me $700 CAD for a week, in a 3.5 stars hotel that was actually very decent with decent food, right on the beach and booze at will - we got a group price, we were 38).

IF we decide to go ahead and do it, we'd have to plan it at least a year in advance so people can save up for it. Young folks here like me who work for stupidly low wages ($12.50/hour in my case) don't have much money.

Expect a lot of MIA members anyway.

And no, I'm not being pessimist, just realistic. I do hope it works though.

And on topic I suggest Le Mans. And we crash at Wouter's afterwards.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    In that case, I would have sold the opportunity to someone for twice the cost of the taxes. They'd have still saved money, and you'd have some spare change. Otherwise its just a wasted win .
    I was trying to get the money right up to the deadline, so I didn't really think of something like that. It was a wasted win.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    While I like the idea and would dearly love to see it works, it's not gonna happen.

The logistics behind planning such a meeting on a worldwide scale are way too complicated, unless one of you folks wins the lottery and is willing to pay for everybody's plane tickets for us all to come and crash at his/her place.

I work a lot these days and most of my money go into my cellphone and interwebz bills, car payment, and girlfriend. The latter is especially expensive. I haven't got much left, and my everytime-I-go-out-I-must-drink-alcohol lifestyle doesn't help. There's no way I could save up for a trip unless it's incredibly cheap (Varadero in Cuba last year cost me $700 CAD for a week, in a 3.5 stars hotel that was actually very decent with decent food, right on the beach and booze at will - we got a group price, we were 38).

IF we decide to go ahead and do it, we'd have to plan it at least a year in advance so people can save up for it. Young folks here like me who work for stupidly low wages ($12.50/hour in my case) don't have much money.

Expect a lot of MIA members anyway.

And no, I'm not being pessimist, just realistic. I do hope it works though.

And on topic I suggest Le Mans. And we crash at Wouter's afterwards.

You need to upgrade and go newer my friend. If she was problematic from the beginning, things will only get worse . Kind of like a car!

I too can see that it will be a big problem for everyone to make this work. The main things in life most people don't have is time and money. Those things are difficult to come by for some, and perhaps we'll have to wait till we're all retired before we can make it work as a complete team. All I know is the next time I decide to go on a vacation, it will either be to the US or to Australia, and when it happens I'll be sure to get in touch with the locals there to schedule my own little gathering.

Thread Information