Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Masserati - Cash for Clunkers

Near the middle of the middle of middle England.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Edition View Post
    and will always give you a wonderful unexplainable feeling while driving it
    Isn't that the point where you should call the dealer before the whole thing falls apart and catches fire?
    Buying a car and not driving it is like buying a meal and not eating it.

"Oh sh*t, we're going..25!!" - A dear friend of mine.

Some cars need to be preserved, whther they were good, slow or not. I beleive this is one of those cars.

I once saw what I beleived to be a late 70s or early 80 s model Toyota Corrola, in shiny excellent condition one cool evening. It was in red color and a complete looker. It was as light as a feather and the tires looked like they were 135s and 145s---so thin but pretty. I couldn't stop looking at this car. It stood out in traffic----like a Chihuahua hanging out with a pack of Rottweilers. Such a car should never be crushed.

I am planning to keep my B13 for as long as it takes and then one day, when i have spare change, I am gonna drop a brand new engine and transmission into her, refurbish her interior, and then go out there and disgrace much more modern cars.

Oh yeah, I have got plans for her. She is gonna be a looker when I am done with her.
    Last edited by G35COUPE; 08-17-2009 at 08:46 AM.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    oh yeah...
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by g35
    Some cars need to be preserved, whther they were good, slow or not. I beleive this is one of those cars.
    God, how wrong you are.

It isn't rare, it isn't of any historical significance, it isn't any good, it doesn't even look good.
    If you think they should be saved, there are 10's of thousands of them out there falling apart that you could buy and ...I dunno, keep it in formaldehyde or something.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite View Post
    God, how wrong you are.

It isn't rare, it isn't of any historical significance, it isn't any good, it doesn't even look good.
    If you think they should be saved, there are 10's of thousands of them out there falling apart that you could buy and ...I dunno, keep it in formaldehyde or something.
    Speak for yourself. That car should be preserved. You don't know a rare care when you seen one, eh???

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    The Biturbos from de De Tomaso era have a poor reputation, largely because many people mistreated them.
    Being a fractious Italian turbo, the engines of these cars require frequent oil changes to survive, even to moderate mileages.

I mention this because the oil filter is situated horizontally on the forward face of this motor, squeezed up against the cooling system.

So to access said filter in this chassis also entails removal/replacement of the radiator and the intercooler and the A/C condensor, etc.

All of which means that a 'simple' oil change at your well equipped Maserati dealer is IIRC something like a 5 hour job, at minimum.

$$$$ !!

This is one of the not as great examples that qualify for Cash for Clunkers.

One person's trash is another's treasure.

For example, the Honda NSX qualifies for it. Why anyone would crush it, I have no idea.

Isn't this why we love cars?
    Last edited by demonrunning07; 08-17-2009 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    This is one of the not as great examples that qualify for Cash for Clunkers.

One person's trash is another's treasure.

For example, the Honda NSX qualifies for it. Why anyone would crush it, I have no idea.
    Obviously, the Biturbo owner considered his trash, or at least worth the $4500 trade value in lieu of another agonizing repair period...

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Being a fractious Italian turbo, the engines of these cars require frequent oil changes to survive, even to moderate mileages.

I mention this because the oil filter is situated horizontally on the forward face of this motor, squeezed up against the cooling system.

So to access said filter in this chassis also entails removal/replacement of the radiator and the intercooler and the A/C condensor, etc.

All of which means that a 'simple' oil change at your well equipped Maserati dealer is IIRC something like a 5 hour job, at minimum.

$$$$ !!
    yep and that was routinely ignored by quite a number of owners. And again about the rarity, they produced over 40000 of these cars.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    yep and that was routinely ignored by quite a number of owners. And again about the rarity, they produced over 40000 of these cars.
    So, it seems keeping one of these cars for posterity is best left as someone else's problem.
    G35Coupe perhaps?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Thread Information