19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 57.89%
  • No

8 42.11%
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Why buy an SUV ??

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann
    You totally mis the point, Just BUY A PRIUS and get rid of that damn suv!
    Why would you buy a prius, there one of the ugliest cars on the market, the only high point is the gas milage... I much rather have a small to midsize truck or SUV.

well, the new prius doesnt look that bad

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Why would you buy a prius, there one of the ugliest cars on the market, the only high point is the gas milage... I much rather have a small to midsize truck or SUV.

ok when we run out of fuel, were blaming you!

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    well, the new prius doesnt look that bad
    Yes the Prius looks that bad. It looks to me, like Toyota thought that all the work was done on the powerplant so there was no need to worry about styling. I imagine there are design constraints that are dictated by the inherent technology but until hybrid power is available in something that looks good these things will be the domain of the ecologically zealous.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

boy. We sure have a reason to worry about our fuel supply now.

If all you've got to worry about is looks, theres always stuff like the Lexus RX300/ Toyota Highlander Hybrid for you Crisis.

Then theres the Honda Civic IMA, the Toyota Crown Hybrid.......

Looks are too subjective to base your dislike of a car on. I agree that until they look normal cars such as the Prius will always be on the back foot with the general public, but I happen to like the new one, very modern and foward thinking, And none of that bloody Bangle inspired "New for the sake of it" crap invading German Design......
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

[QUOTE=IBrake4Rainbows]If all you've got to worry about is looks, theres always stuff like the Lexus RX300/ Toyota Highlander Hybrid for you Crisis.

[QUOTE]

it is a bit older, but how about that volkswagemn Lupo 3liter thing? Not that bad looking either crisis!!
    Last edited by drakkie; 06-30-2004 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    If all you've got to worry about is looks, theres always stuff like the Lexus RX300/ Toyota Highlander Hybrid for you Crisis.

Looks are too subjective to base your dislike of a car on. I agree that until they look normal cars such as the Prius will always be on the back foot with the general public, but I happen to like the new one, very modern and foward thinking, And none of that bloody Bangle inspired "New for the sake of it" crap invading German Design......
    Im not against hybrids or anything that helps to conserve fuel etc but they are in their infancy and not mainstream. I cant see everyone rushing out and buying them yet. They are also not exactly the type of thing we are on UCP for either unless your idea of the ultimate car is that it uses no fuel. (maybe it is).
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

I suppose it is in it's infancy, but it is the thing we are on UCP for, to further the development of the things we love driving: Cars. Everyone agrees petrol will be long gone in 25 years or so (I'm not going to debate any facts or figures.....) but if it wasn't for people like us (Enthusiasts) trying the new tech and helping it suceed, generations after us (Even me....) will not be able to experiance the thrill of driving......
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    They are also not exactly the type of thing we are on UCP for either unless your idea of the ultimate car is that it uses no fuel. (maybe it is).
    My idea of the perect car is that it is not polluting, everyone can buy or get one, comfortable etcetera.....

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Im not against hybrids or anything that helps to conserve fuel etc but they are in their infancy and not mainstream. I cant see everyone rushing out and buying them yet.
    These cars arent in their infancy anymore, i think they are more like teenagers.The prius has been around for some time, and in that time they have developed the car to become better, in all views.This resulted in the next prius. Other manufacteresr(like honda) have started to make cars with the same idea, shortly after they found out the Prius sells.Not enough to really make a difference, but enough to make it profitable.
    Out here in the netherlands they sold quite some priuses already, because people want to be more kind to the environment, and becuse if you buy one you dont have to pay any tax(about 50% of the price).

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows

Hey you, there is a shortage of Priuses because people are wanting the Prius more than a poster of carmen electra. and I researched the SUVs hybrids and even though they are Hybrids I can name all gas cars that get better fuel mialage

I hope everybody buys a prius. Then, the demand for gas will drop, and I can put more in my Sports car.
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

I researched the SUVs hybrids and even though they are Hybrids I can name all gas cars that get better fuel mialage
    Well... yes.
    An SUV is bigger, and heavier than a normal car, and is therefore going to use more fuel.

Similarly, there are "gas" powered cars, smaller than a Prius that get better mileage.

The point is that hybrids use much less petrol than a vehicle of similar size.
    Thanks for all the fish

but a prius gets like 30 more miles to the gallon than a hybrid SUV. hybrid or nt hey ar still gas guzzlers, and should stil be the last thing you'd think of as the family car. The Prius should be the forst thing that pops into a mind for the Family Car in my openion.

but a prius gets like 30 more miles to the gallon than a hybrid SUV. hybrid or nt hey ar still gas guzzlers, and should stil be the last thing you'd think of as the family car. The Prius should be the forst thing that pops into a mind for the Family Car in my openion.
    As far as I know a Prius gets like 52MPG. 52 - 30 = 22... So you are saying that a hybrid SUV only gets 22MPG? My non-hybrid civic gets more than that.

Thread Information