19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 57.89%
  • No

8 42.11%
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Why buy an SUV ??

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Yes the Prius looks that bad. It looks to me, like Toyota thought that all the work was done on the powerplant so there was no need to worry about styling. I imagine there are design constraints that are dictated by the inherent technology but until hybrid power is available in something that looks good these things will be the domain of the ecologically zealous.
    the ecologically zealous... the ACT government been buying them like theyre the greatest thing ever and i wouldnt exactly call them ecologically zealous with their road plans. i think the prius has a future but that future is not going to really take off until there are some real incentives for people to buy them. i dont care if a car gets a million kays to a litre. im not going to buy it if its butt ugly! i think thats how many other people considering a family car feel.
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    As far as I know a Prius gets like 52MPG. 52 - 30 = 22... So you are saying that a hybrid SUV only gets 22MPG? My non-hybrid civic gets more than that.
    It has to get more than 22, that sucks... My Dads Jeep gets 25+(hwy) and its a I6.

My mom's VW TDI bug gets 50 mpg. What does the pirus really get?
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

ok according to the toyota website... http://www.toyota-hawaii.com/vehicles/Prius/fuel.html
    it averages 48 mpg or 566 miles per tank, i dunno what that is in kilometres per litre but its roughyl 956 ks to the tank which to me is impressive cause i get 500ks of a 50L tank.

it looks like crap but
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann
    but a prius gets like 30 more miles to the gallon than a hybrid SUV. hybrid or nt hey ar still gas guzzlers, and should stil be the last thing you'd think of as the family car. The Prius should be the forst thing that pops into a mind for the Family Car in my openion.
    Well from both manufacturers based on the SAME UK test ...

Prius 65mpg

Citroen Xara Picasso 57mpg

So not really that spectacular
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

i get 42 mpg in my 92 civic doing about 85 on the highway...and about 30-35 depending in the city. I drive like a nutsack. This post had a point at one time.

What's the safety rating of the prius?
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    My mom's VW TDI bug gets 50 mpg. What does the pirus really get?
    a prius gets 60 MPG according to Toyota but it bests only 55 MPG (remember, this is america)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    ok according to the toyota website... http://www.toyota-hawaii.com/vehicles/Prius/fuel.html
    it averages 48 mpg or 566 miles per tank, i dunno what that is in kilometres per litre but its roughyl 956 ks to the tank which to me is impressive cause i get 500ks of a 50L tank.

it looks like crap but
    buddy thats the fuel milage for the old prius. The new Prius gets way better gas milage

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    As far as I know a Prius gets like 52MPG. 52 - 30 = 22... So you are saying that a hybrid SUV only gets 22MPG? My non-hybrid civic gets more than that.
    a SUV hybrid only gets 30 MPG, there are call gas cars like the civic, camry,corolla,Prelude,accord, VW bug, mini cooper,vw golf, vw lupo...etc.
    that get better gas milage and simular ga smilage, if a hybrid can't boost it face it, we have to give up the suvs if we don't wanna be riding mules to work.

we have to give up the suvs if we don't wanna be riding mules to work.
    What have you got against mules?
    Thanks for all the fish

cause I don't wanna be riding one to work, so GET RID OF THE SUV!

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich
    What's the safety rating of the prius?
    According to the Euro NCAP test - one of the hardest, it gets 5 stars for imapct, 2 on pedestrian and a 4 on the new child safety tests. These are all out of 5. That makes it on a par with the best Volvos
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    According to the Euro NCAP test - one of the hardest, it gets 5 stars for imapct, 2 on pedestrian and a 4 on the new child safety tests. These are all out of 5. That makes it on a par with the best Volvos
    that is a pretty good score I didnt know that, but i am amazed of it!!! I looked up the crashtests of the SUv's, and i found outt that most of them, like the jeep cherokee get only 3 stars in front impact and only one or zero poinsts for pedestrian safety

reason1,056,526,888,555,232,888 to buy a prius age throw out the sucking gas guzzling SUV SUVS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

reason1,056,526,888,555,232,888 to buy a prius age throw out the sucking gas guzzling SUV SUVS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Hopefully Toyota bundle in an anger management course when you make your Prius purchase

Thread Information