Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday Cargirl!

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    yes! we should meet in Edmonton! nah, Toronto seems better.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Happy Birthday girl. Enjoy it!
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    We should have a Canadian UCP meet and only allow true Canadians and not sepratist Quebeco-Nazis.

My 3 cents bro.
    there you go throwing that word around like its confetti at a kid's birthday party. We prefer to be called inconsiderate pricks.

edit: woops, no pun intended cargirl
    Last edited by DesmoRob; 08-20-2009 at 12:52 AM.

We should have a Canadian UCP meet and only allow true Canadians and not sepratist Quebeco-Nazis.

My 3 cents bro.
    this is a point. if they are seccessionists can they really be considered canadian any more? or just the frenchie's younger brother with down syndrome?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    this is a point. if they are seccessionists can they really be considered canadian any more? or just the frenchie's younger brother with down syndrome?
    LOL brutal.

Happy Birthday, have a good one
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    there you go throwing that word around like its confetti at a kid's birthday party. We prefer to be called inconsiderate pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    I don't like throwing the word Nazi around as it sorta makes light of a horrible situation but eh I thought it'd be funny in this case.

For some reason (maybe to use a more pejorative word?), we don't call them secessionists but they are referred to as sepratists in the media which this version of Firefox's Canadian dictionary doesn't think is a word. You shoulda been around for the recent "Referendum". I was but a kid but that was a really, really serious time in Canada's recent history and there was tons of hatred and anger - so atypical compared the Canadian stereotype.

My Dad hates Quebec/the French. I figure it's because he thinks they want to destroy Canada.

no problem
    PINGAS!!!!

lol @ your father not understanding anything Kitdy.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    lol @ your father not understanding anything Kitdy.
    even though i don't know him, my dad is the same way towards any race. even though he's an immigrant from Portugal. rascist moron.
    PINGAS!!!!

I don't like throwing the word Nazi around as it sorta makes light of a horrible situation but eh I thought it'd be funny in this case.

For some reason (maybe to use a more pejorative word?), we don't call them secessionists but they are referred to as sepratists in the media which this version of Firefox's Canadian dictionary doesn't think is a word. You shoulda been around for the recent "Referendum". I was but a kid but that was a really, really serious time in Canada's recent history and there was tons of hatred and anger - so atypical compared the Canadian stereotype.

My Dad hates Quebec/the French. I figure it's because he thinks they want to destroy Canada.
    Your father is probably sketching out about the whole separatist attitude thats been floating around Quebec in the past years. It gets many people wondering. I'm not so sure its much of an issue these days anymore, but my personal opinion is that Canada is stronger when everyone's on the same page, rather than having people wanting to be their own little shenanigan on the side. But thats certain peoples' sense of strong cultural pride. Its very admirable, sympathetically speaking, but doesn't make much sense when you were never a different country to begin with.

As far as anger in Canada is concerned, the most my town has ever experienced was when MC Hammer was performing in Penticton many years ago. The performance started a riot which ended up with people smashing store windows, looting, and eventually rolling our famous beach refreshments stand "The Peach" into Okanagan Lake. Its literally the shape of a giant peach, so it went pretty good.

I'm just razzing you about the N word, I know you mean well. Use it like you mean it bro .

Your father is probably sketching out about the whole separatist attitude thats been floating around Quebec in the past years. It gets many people wondering. I'm not so sure its much of an issue these days anymore, but my personal opinion is that Canada is stronger when everyone's on the same page, rather than having people wanting to be their own little shenanigan on the side. But thats certain peoples' sense of strong cultural pride. Its very admirable, sympathetically speaking, but doesn't make much sense when you were never a different country to begin with.

As far as anger in Canada is concerned, the most my town has ever experienced was when MC Hammer was performing in Penticton many years ago. The performance started a riot which ended up with people smashing store windows, looting, and eventually rolling our famous beach refreshments stand "The Peach" into Okanagan Lake. Its literally the shape of a giant peach, so it went pretty good.

I'm just razzing you about the N word, I know you mean well. Use it like you mean it bro .
    my sister is half black. i hate the N word. so degrading.
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    my sister is half black. i hate the N word. so degrading.
    we were talking about a different n word. You are safe from us.

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    even though i don't know him, my dad is the same way towards any race. even though he's an immigrant from Portugal. rascist moron.
    Yes but it has nothing to do with race... the 'conflict' if you can call it so is between mainly caucasian Canadians and... caucasian Canadians. Of course there are other ethnics implicated, but in majority Canada is white.

Jacques Parizeau, Québec's Prime Minister during the second referendum in 1995, did say said referendum failed because of "money and the ethnic vote" implying the federal government convinced newly arrived immigrants in Québec to vote no.

The results were:

1980: 40.56% yes, 59.44% no
    1995: 49.42% yes, 50.58% no

P.S. I knew this thread would go off-topic
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    P.S. I knew this thread would go off-topic
    Its what we're all famous for here

Thread Information