Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My wife and Z.

Niko:

Have you tried Toyo Proxes T1R tires? They are the best thing since sliced bread, if you want to go fast in the rain. Add pure Nitrogen in them, as I have done in mine, and you are good to go. My experience so far with Nitrogen is that they take time to heat up. You have to drive at least twice as long as with air in the tires, to get them to heat up and grip. They seem to be great with ensuring uniform wear on the tires as they age.
    Last edited by G35COUPE; 09-06-2009 at 09:03 PM.

how are they in relation to the proxes RA1's? i finally have to replace them, all i have to throw on those wheels is R888's
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    You street race? Hit me up and we'll see what your G35 has against my 599.
    Facts: street racing is cool, safe, legal, and people on UCP like to hear about it.

Very nice shots

Oh, your wife has awsome shoes!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    pushing that much power out of a 4 banger = rebuild and blown heads often
    We've had the FQ-400 versions here for a few years now.
    The latest EVO-X version as well as warranty also has complete service package for about $1500 for first 5 services up to 50L miles.
    So it won't be blowing heads often ... and the earlier ones didnt' either

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    do you have any plans to mod it niko? exhaust, intake and the like?
    WHat his wife ??
    Lookin' perfect from here bro' ( respect to your good lady, very pretty )

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach View Post
    now ucp...if you had to choose between niko's wife and his z....what would you choose?
    What's a 'z' ?
    I only see his wife

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Facts: street racing is cool, safe, legal, and people on UCP like to hear about it.
    ... and then dump on the chump form a great height

More pics Niko ... but can you get rid of the ugly grey thing please ?????

Quote Originally Posted by G35COUPE View Post
    Niko:

Have you tried Toyo Proxes T1R tires? They are the best thing since sliced bread, if you want to go fast in the rain. Add pure Nitrogen in them, as I have done in mine, and you are good to go. My experience so far with Nitrogen is that they take time to heat up. You have to drive at least twice as long as with air in the tires, to get them to heat up and grip. They seem to be great with ensuring uniform wear on the tires as they age.
    The idea with nitrogen is to have your tyres at nearly operating hot pressure compared to normal air.

Eg: if you run 26psi cold in your tyres at the track and they heat up to 32psi hot, you run your tyres with nitrogen at 29psi, they rise to 32 hot still but heat up quicker, mainly designed so after the warm up lap your tyres are near their optimum for the first lap. My tyres normally take a good lap and a half before they are at their optimum with normal air.

A guy who is a tyres distributor for Khumo,Dunlop and Bridgestone and has done plenty of back to back testing with air/nitrogen and has found a 2-3 sec improvement on nitrogen on his first lap on a average 1.30 lap

You can run higher pressures with normal air in tyres so they come on quicker but they overheat and lose grip, nitrogen doesn't work like that its much more stable say over a 10 lap race. I haven't tried it yet but we are getting a few bottles soon to see if the guys claims are true, he was very quick straight off the bat and was by far the quickest in his class

car 16
    Last edited by charged; 09-07-2009 at 08:18 AM.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Thats track work though, dedicated track work.

For road use, is it really worth it when the majority of air is nitro anyway?
    I am the Stig

Thread of the year.

The Z is looking great! good job Niko
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    The idea with nitrogen is to have your tyres at nearly operating hot pressure compared to normal air.

Eg: if you run 26psi cold in your tyres at the track and they heat up to 32psi hot, you run your tyres with nitrogen at 29psi, they rise to 32 hot still but heat up quicker, mainly designed so after the warm up lap your tyres are near their optimum for the first lap. My tyres normally take a good lap and a half before they are at their optimum with normal air.

A guy who is a tyres distributor for Khumo,Dunlop and Bridgestone and has done plenty of back to back testing with air/nitrogen and has found a 2-3 sec improvement on nitrogen on his first lap on a average 1.30 lap

You can run higher pressures with normal air in tyres so they come on quicker but they overheat and lose grip, nitrogen doesn't work like that its much more stable say over a 10 lap race. I haven't tried it yet but we are getting a few bottles soon to see if the guys claims are true, he was very quick straight off the bat and was by far the quickest in his class

car 16
    Charged, thanks for the info. I couldn't explain why the Nitrogen behaved differently on the same tires as when i use air.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    how are they in relation to the proxes RA1's? i finally have to replace them, all i have to throw on those wheels is R888's

I haven't read much or used the RA1s. I only know a little about the Proxes 4, which is basically a less aggressive version of the Proxes T1R, so I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Thats track work though, dedicated track work.

For road use, is it really worth it when the majority of air is nitro anyway?
    i wouldn't say so, but it's free either way. it is annoying that you can't just top it up without having to go to the store, but it seems to maintain pressure a lot longer (have it in the mazda)
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

LOL i just saw the POTD. nice

The cars is awesome. But had you ever felt other cars are better then yours.
    If so, then which one ?

Regards,
    Razor

Thread Information