Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 56

Thread: Rolls-Royce Ghost (I) 2009-2020

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,496
    Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    Have you seen the Mulsanne? Ouch...
    The Mulsanne is the least of their problems.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ramona, CA
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    Have you seen the Mulsanne? Ouch...

    Oooooops!!

    Does this happen when the Germans take over, but don't manage, or do they manage too much??

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ramona, CA
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The Mulsanne is the least of their problems.
    How so?? I was under the impression that VW-Audi (soon +Porsche) was well run business wise....

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,496
    Quote Originally Posted by wstander View Post
    How so?? I was under the impression that VW-Audi (soon +Porsche) was well run business wise....
    Oh, I'm sure that they make plenty of money with the expensive Passats. But that wasn't the point. Altough Porsche almost went bankrupt, but that's another story.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by wstander View Post
    How so?? I was under the impression that VW-Audi (soon +Porsche) was well run business wise....
    Life is well full of disappointments.

    I think that VW is just good at advertising AWD in sedans and pseudo supercars (Lamborghini).

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,178
    VW taking over Porsche may well be the worst thing to ever happen to Porsche.

    Well, in my eyes at least.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    VW taking over Porsche may well be the worst thing to ever happen to Porsche.

    Well, in my eyes at least.
    Agreed. If you thought the Cayenne/Panamera market was ruining Porsche, you've got a new thing coming.

    AWD GT3 RS with paddle-box is on its way.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,496
    Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Agreed. If you thought the Cayenne/Panamera market was ruining Porsche, you've got a new thing coming.

    AWD GT3 RS with paddle-box is on its way.
    I read somwhere that actually VW was planning on focusing Porsche in sportscars and that the Cayenne and Panamera would disappear after it's life cycle ended.

    So who knows maybe VAG will do something right for the first time...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    brisbane - sub-tropical land of mangoes
    Posts
    16,252
    Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post

    AWD GT3 RS with paddle-box is on its way.
    WUT

    you are just kidding around yeah?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I read somwhere that actually VW was planning on focusing Porsche in sportscars and that the Cayenne and Panamera would disappear after it's life cycle ended.

    So who knows maybe VAG will do something right for the first time...
    I read that too but I don't want VAG meddling with the 911 or Cayman.

    Also, if the Cayenne and Panamera make money, then I think it's good as Porsche can have more money for other more pure endeavours. Maybe even race at Le Mans for overall victory again someday.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Also, if the Cayenne and Panamera make money, then I think it's good as Porsche can have more money for other more pure endeavours. Maybe even race at Le Mans for overall victory again someday.
    But if they are part of VAG that's not needed anymore.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    But if they are part of VAG that's not needed anymore.
    Yes, so Porsche comes out with the Panamera which is of it's own design and something new and interesting and you for once are insinuating you'd prefer to see VAGs platform sharing?

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Yes, so Porsche comes out with the Panamera which is of it's own design and something new and interesting and you for once are insinuating you'd prefer to see VAGs platform sharing?
    No. What I insinuate is that there's no need for mutated experiments anymore. Because now Porsche should have access to VAGs money.

    EDIT And Porsche is already platform-sharing with VW anyway...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    WUT

    you are just kidding around yeah?
    Yes I am. I was just making a drastic point of VAG (awesome name ) owning into Porsche.

    EDIT:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    No. What I insinuate is that there's no need for mutated experiments anymore. Because now Porsche should have access to VAGs money.

    EDIT And Porsche is already platform-sharing with VW anyway...
    I like the idea of Porsche having more access to cash but I can't imagine that it will be no strings attached. Imagine something like this:

    Porsche project leader: So we have come up with a new GT1 race car; a worthy successor to the GT1 98 Evo. It's going to cost xx,xxx,xxx.

    VAG director: Ok, put AWD on it then we'll talk cash.

    Porsche project leader: But FIA and ACO don't permit AWD.

    VAG director: I don't care! Do it anyway, it's cool with the kids these days.
    Last edited by LTSmash; 09-09-2009 at 09:59 PM.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    No. What I insinuate is that there's no need for mutated experiments anymore. Because now Porsche should have access to VAGs money.

    EDIT And Porsche is already platform-sharing with VW anyway...
    I fear a VW-Porsche.

    Would you rather Porsche be independent or part of VAG?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rolls-Royce Ghost (II) 2020-
    By Duell in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-28-2020, 09:57 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2020, 09:26 AM
  3. Rolls-Royce 40/50 Silver Ghost 1906-1926
    By ~*Hao-Wang*~ in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-04-2017, 12:10 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2009, 04:51 PM
  5. Rolls-Royce 200EX 2009
    By 90ft in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 07:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •