Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 199

Thread: McLaren MP4-12C

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    N.Z.
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    The thing is, in my opinion of course, the Ferrari will age extremely quickly. The McLaren just has those good looking, pleasant lines that will continue to look good 50 years from now.
    im assuming you have seen the 458 in the metal ?

    they are sex on 4 wheels

    comparativly , the mclaren has futuristic lines that look bland

    performance wise there isnt a comparison , the mclaren should be faster on the track & sounds like it could be eaiser to push on the road

    the 458 appeals to me in that its NA , so the powerband is honest tuned HP (highest "mass produced" HP per Liter), & its great balance could mean its more of a pure drivers car

    ironically what the original F1 was designed for
    Last edited by Badsight; 02-25-2011 at 06:42 PM.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Southeast US
    Posts
    5,584
    Ferrari doesn't refine their cars to the point all the emotion is refined out of them.

    The Mclaren has been refined refined refined until it's emotion is gone.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Ferrari doesn't refine their cars to the point all the emotion is refined out of them.

    The Mclaren has been refined refined refined until it's emotion is gone.
    Meh...emotion is not quantitative....unless you mention how much poop-stain is on your pants after driving one....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsight View Post

    performance wise there isnt a comparison , the mclaren should be faster on the track & sounds like it could be eaiser to push on the road

    the 458 appeals to me in that its NA , so the powerband is honest tuned HP (highest "mass produced" HP per Liter), & its great balance could mean its more of a pure drivers car

    ironically what the original F1 was designed for
    Yes, but the 458 has so much technology on board and built so finely that it really isn't a driver's car, and that it doesn't have much of a "soul" so to speak. All the driver aids are practically driving the car for you.

    The MP4 has no driver aids (at least not ones that have been announced) and that means the driver will have to make more of an effort driving and therefore more of a driver's car.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Modena
    Posts
    9,826
    Quote Originally Posted by I NEED NAWZZZ View Post
    Yes, but the 458 has so much technology on board and built so finely that it really isn't a driver's car, and that it doesn't have much of a "soul" so to speak. All the driver aids are practically driving the car for you.

    The MP4 has no driver aids (at least not ones that have been announced) and that means the driver will have to make more of an effort driving and therefore more of a driver's car.
    The MP4-12C has as much gizmos as the 458, just read the press release.
    And first reviews calls for the 458 to be more of a driver car than the McLaren, if that means something to someone (me) who doesn't buy a magazine or read a full review since... the Millennium Bug?!
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

    *cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by I NEED NAWZZZ View Post
    The MP4 has no driver aids (at least not ones that have been announced) and that means the driver will have to make more of an effort driving and therefore more of a driver's car.
    Just what do you think this panel in the 12C's center console does?



    >8^)
    ER

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
    Just what do you think this panel in the 12C's center console does?



    >8^)
    ER
    launch an active winter period?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Southeast US
    Posts
    5,584
    I think Ron goes out of his way to be as different from Ferrari as he can....but at the same time he recognizes the benefits of hi tech aids. The MP4-12C has a steering wheel out of your grandma's Buick where Ferrari flaunts their aids via F1 style cockpit and steering wheel...but underneath the facade, not all that different.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,457
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    launch an active winter period?
    Keep that car away from me!
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    The MP4-12C has a steering wheel out of your grandma's Buick...
    What is it with people being so wrong in this thread?



    I'm struggling to recall the last Buick that was built with a flat-bottomed, carbon fiber-spoked steering wheel with paddle shifters mounted on the back side.

    Perhaps you could enlighten us?

    >8^)
    ER
    Last edited by Peloton25; 03-16-2011 at 11:29 PM.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    st.petersburge
    Posts
    19
    hi everyone.I am new here.
    i would like to show you some pictures...
    Last edited by KenPeterson; 03-17-2011 at 01:20 AM.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    st.petersburge
    Posts
    19
    This definitely compete Ferrari 458 Italia.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Southeast US
    Posts
    5,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
    What is it with people being so wrong in this thread?



    I'm struggling to recall the last Buick that was built with a flat-bottomed, carbon fiber-spoked steering wheel with paddle shifters mounted on the back side.

    Perhaps you could enlighten us?

    >8^)
    ER
    Compared to Ferrari 458 wheel.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,310
    yesterday I was at the Goodwood presentation for this year' s events, and had the opportunity to shoot the 458 and the MP4-12 standing next to each other. I'll put up some shots, once the report has been published on the main page. It is then for everybody to judge.
    (And Eric, XP5 was there as well, you would have loved that).
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Compared to Ferrari 458 wheel.
    That's not what you said... where's the Buick???

    And the 458 wheel looks like a something you'd use to play a videogame.

    In typical "Ferrari whore-out-the-marque" fashion, they even license something similar for doing just that.

    >8^)
    ER
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Roadster 722 S (R199) 2007-2010
    By netburner in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-16-2019, 03:00 PM
  2. Gran Turismo 5
    By Sauc3 in forum Gaming
    Replies: 1020
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 03:16 PM
  3. The Next McLaren F1?
    By Equinox in forum General Automotive
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 11:07 AM
  4. McLaren the new Ferrari?.. Also some info on the McLaren P11
    By Equinox in forum General Automotive
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 11:45 AM
  5. Mercedes McLaren P8
    By bum-man in forum General Automotive
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 09:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •