Thread: Highlights from the first day at Frankfurt ...

Highlights from the first day at Frankfurt ...

Earlier today the Messe in Frankfurt opened its doors for the first of two media preview days. Most of the manufacturers revealed their big releases on the opening day and in this update we take a first look at seven of them.
    Priced at 1.1 million Euro, the most expensive car at Frankfurt is probably the Lamborghini Reventon Roadster. Like its Coupe counterpart launched two years earlier, the production of the drop-top Reventon is limited to just 20 examples. What does set it apart is the use of the latest 670 bhp version of the legendary V12 engine. Even more limited and powerful is the Brabus E V12 'One-of-Ten'. As the name suggests just ten will build of this high performance version of Brabus' E Class. The twin-turbo V12 engine yields nearly 800 bhp and the car features spats over the rear wheels giving it a top speed in excess of 370 km/h.
    At the Audi stand two very different versions of the R8 sports car are on display. Ready for production is the R8 Spyder, which comes exclusively with the 5.2 litre V10 engine. The e-tron will most likely not be found in the showrooms any time soon. It uses the R8 architecture combined with an electric drive-train consisting of four motors. Together they produce 313 bhp and a whopping 4500 Nm of torque. Thanks to a very smooth body, the e-tron has a range of nearly 250 km/h.
    We were not particularly keen of the styling of the MINI Coupe Concept announced a few weeks ago. In Roadster form the design works a whole lot better. Although still shown as a concept, the twins will enter production some time next year.
    Bugatti celebrated their 100th anniversary in style over the weekend. The icing on the birthday cake was the unveiling of the 16C Galibier Concept. Powered by a twin-supercharged V16 engine, its named after Bugatti's previous four-seater; the 1930s Type 57 Galibier.
    Lotus announced their intention to race in next year's Nürburgring 24 Hours race with the all new Evora Type 124. Based on the recently introduced road car, it features a 400 bhp version of the Toyota V6 engine.

Enjoy the links:

2010 Audi R8 Spyder - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Audi e-tron - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Brabus E V12 "One-of-Ten" - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Bugatti 16C Galibier Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Lamborghini Reventón Roadster - Images, Specifications and Information

2010 Lotus Evora Type 124 - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 MINI Roadster Concept - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

The Bugatti Galibier Concept looks absolutely stunning!
    The rich man's Panamera, I think!

I thought the Panamera had that covered....
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

oh dear, what was bugatti thinking when they tried to design that car, looks like a panamera.

by the way, nice improvement with the power output of the brabus, although, i think they can do away with the carbonfiber wheel cover at the back wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    ...they produce 313 bhp and a whopping 4500 Nm of torque...
    sorry wouter, i don't wanna be rude but...
    Nothing to say...

Quote Originally Posted by Black Edition View Post
    sorry wouter, i don't wanna be rude but...
    What's your point?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I like the style of audi r8 spyder but I don't like the color.The audie e-tron is one of their best design exterior and interior are great.The new bugatii has an elegant look.The 2009 mini roadster concept is suit for me as a lady.it has a stunning look and I like the white color.

Thread Information