Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita

It looks great, no argument there, but is it necessary? In this economic climate is it really necessary for Bugatti and Koenigsegg to keep pumping out random iterations of their cars? I want to sit in on these meetings, "Guys, guys we need something fresh, NO NOT A NEW MODEL ARE YOU NUTS? Let's um..sparkle some diamonds on the paint? Will that work? It will, great now add another 300k to the price and we'll ship 'em out."

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    It looks great, no argument there, but is it necessary?
    Nothing is NECESSARY, but a "special" edition sells more. The cost of engineering these tidbits is minimal, but the extra money that they demand will be well appreciated.

After all the Koenigsegg started production in 1998 with the CC. They can only sell more cars of this old design by creating special editions...

EDIT: The CC had a Mustang V8 (!!!). I never understood the reason, but now Koenigsegg claim that they design their own V8. t displaces the same as the Mustang more or less. Does someone have info on this?
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

Near the middle of the middle of middle England.
    Who the hell cares if it's necessary or not? In reality, no car above a Perodua Nippa is necessary, and although the masses may be losing out in a recession, there will always be megarich people to buy whatever they hell they want, regardless of circumstances. I'm glad that pointless supercars are still being made, because the world would be worse off without them.

BTW, most gorgeous wheels I've ever seen.
    Buying a car and not driving it is like buying a meal and not eating it.

"Oh sh*t, we're going..25!!" - A dear friend of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight View Post
    EDIT: The CC had a Mustang V8 (!!!). I never understood the reason, but now Koenigsegg claim that they design their own V8. t displaces the same as the Mustang more or less. Does someone have info on this?
    I believe the engine in this is still a (heavily) modified Ford Modular V8.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I believe the engine in this is still a (heavily) modified Ford Modular V8.
    What I understand about the Koenigsegg engine is that there are certain requirements that the law demands in order to be able to call an engine as your design.

I guess that Koenigsegg legally fullfil those requirements, but as Ferrer said, the engine is a heavily modified Ford V8.

Does anyone have an idea if they construct the engine block inhouse? Maybe they construct the block on their own and use exact same cylinder dimensions as Ford?

I remember a brief announcement by Koenigsegg a few years back stating that they will be considered officially as engine manufacturers, but it was VERY brief.
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

drooolz... i love the looks of this car.
    Nothing to say...

Koenigsegg family cars? Hahahaha. This is nuts!

@ Lightweight: The Ford block is 4601cc, this is 4700cc, there is a noticeable difference in layout. Not going to argue about the fact that it's Ford-based though.
    Last edited by Lukeno52; 09-12-2009 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I'd rather they infuse excitement and charisma to the ordinary production Saabs. Just like they used to in the olden days.
    Yeah, that would be nice too. But I think a competitive supercar would generate some interest and lay the foundation for more exciting production cars.
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one as an adult.

Something here sounds fishy:
    "By utilising a new and unique method, Koenigsegg has managed to coat fibers with a diamond finish. The process was fully developed at Koenigsegg headquarters in Ängelholm Sweden, where the fiber treatment is conducted carefully in small quantities, prior to further processing the prepreg material."

So they somehow coat individual fibers of pre-preg? There's really not much you can do with woven pre-preg as far as fiber treatment goes, I hope that is a typo or translation error.

theres the good old top gear derived spoiler. always loved this car.

When sunlight hits the car, it sparkles like millions of silvery white diamonds infused inside the visible carbon fiber weave bodywork.
    So this is the automotive equivalent of Edward Cullen without the d-bag attitude.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight View Post
    What I understand about the Koenigsegg engine is that there are certain requirements that the law demands in order to be able to call an engine as your design.

I guess that Koenigsegg legally fullfil those requirements, but as Ferrer said, the engine is a heavily modified Ford V8.

Does anyone have an idea if they construct the engine block inhouse? Maybe they construct the block on their own and use exact same cylinder dimensions as Ford?

I remember a brief announcement by Koenigsegg a few years back stating that they will be considered officially as engine manufacturers, but it was VERY brief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukeno52 View Post
    Koenigsegg family cars? Hahahaha. This is nuts!

@ Lightweight: The Ford block is 4601cc, this is 4700cc, there is a noticeable difference in layout. Not going to argue about the fact that it's Ford-based though.
    They started having their own design blocks cast about 2 yeras ago.

Their own block is based on similar numbers to the Ford block, but has been optimised for weight and for silly high boost levels

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlox View Post
    Something here sounds fishy:
    "By utilising a new and unique method, Koenigsegg has managed to coat fibers with a diamond finish. The process was fully developed at Koenigsegg headquarters in Ängelholm Sweden, where the fiber treatment is conducted carefully in small quantities, prior to further processing the prepreg material."

So they somehow coat individual fibers of pre-preg? There's really not much you can do with woven pre-preg as far as fiber treatment goes, I hope that is a typo or translation error.
    This simply coat the fibles prior to the resin impregnation.

This is how Boron Fibre is made as well.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

That's what I thought, but their choice of words made it seem odd (calling it a pre-preg material at that point).

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    It's nice, but I've never thought of the Koenseggegigengig as the car for this sort of bling addon. I always thought of it more as the purpose built supercar for people who want to pay for supercar performance. This looks more like a Veyron thing. How much weight does this coating process add? I hope not too much. This my just be my own perception though.
    Last edited by digitalcraft; 09-13-2009 at 10:07 PM.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Lovely car. I love it how when the car hits sunlight, it glimmers like diamonds. It must look stunning when looking at it at different angles.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Thread Information