Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Australia Best Country on Earth, Study Proven

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    if I had been miffed I would have said that the study showed that the Aussies are most chauvinistic pigs around.....
    As for your second remark, the Economist is not known for making silly/funny studies.
    True. I guess my problem was it didn't mention a lot of details about the study, and how much the recession might have been influencing the results. But they did mention the possible effect of the recession, so I suppose that was baseless.

I'm actually thinking this may have more to do with the way the countries politics works. It seems like the countries with more in the way of smear campaigns (I know the US, UK and japan among others are all pretty bad at declaring the other side(s) evil) are ranked lower than they may have otherwise been. So you could make the argument that politicians decrease patriotism/political unity and should all be exiled to france as enemies of the state.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    So you could make the argument that politicians decrease patriotism/political unity and should all be exiled to france as enemies of the state.
    What did France ever do to deserve such a thing?
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Um, wasn´t the thread title "misleading" because it was meant to be humorous?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

I could have told them this..

True these young fools make it hard for people to show pride in their country, by wearing or displaying our county's flag in such an un-Australian manner.
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

"patriotic" australians are an abhorant feature of todays sociaty. I hope they never breed or multiply..
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

There is a difference between patriotism and racism.

There is also a big difference between those fully sik boyz and true patriots. the worst thing they've had to fight for was being without their phone for like...3 hours.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Those i was going to say Bogan's, but thought not even that is good enough describing them. They only went for a fight, they didnt go to protect anyone or the Australian way of life or something to die for. Lets all go and be a bunch of sik c**ts and see how good we look on the telly.

IB, the hardest thing these kids have gone through, is what are they going to play, playstation or Xbox it's a hard one, mum! make me a sandwich i got a headache !.
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

Quote Originally Posted by S.O.S View Post
    True these young fools make it hard for people to show pride in their country, by wearing or displaying our county's flag in such an un-Australian manner.
    Well it's the same in America isn't it. The whole "America is the greatest country on Earth!" thing, with the thick southern accent. It just sort of makes you want to club them over the head and tell them they've got some major issues to get fixed first.
    All about the t-tops

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    i r not patriotic person.
    But since when is Australia the best place to live? I find that quite interesting...
    Anyways, TVR IS KING is totally right. America is like, I find, has got to be the most overly patriotic country that I have ever heard of. I had family friends go to Las Vegas and discover that they continually play the dang national anthem all the time with people putting their hands across their hearts. Like doing that is going to get you far in life. I personally could care less about singing the anthem and voting.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

please don't compare vegas to the rest of the country. yes there are patriotic people in the US, annoyingly patriotic even. but there are plenty of average people like you would find in any other country. maybe we have some high patriotism because this really is a better place to live. i mean obviously it is better than canada.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Vegas was an example. I just hope that it didn't offend anybody thats all.
    You may say that America is a better place to live, but guess who's got better health care coverage.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

i cant disagree with you there.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

All OZ's are related to ex Brit criminals, that is all
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

ha. All americans are prudes.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Australia is a great country to live in. I feel very fortunate and I thank the Australian government for allowing my family to come here 22 and a half years ago. My family have had a great life in Australia.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Thread Information