Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spa 6 Hours 2009

Spa 6 Hours 2009

The most important historic race event in my country (Belgium) held at our most famous circuit : Francorchamps

Race 2 : Historic F1
    Attached Images Attached Images

One of my favorite races World sportscar masters

Race 3 : WSM

I agree with you that it is an important race, therefore I am bit disappointed that you link to a site that just produces shots without any explanation what car we are looking at.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I agree, details would be nice... no photo ID from the site, just a Flash gallery?
    Will give it a shot, but not certain of some of them...

Race 2, F1: Arrows (?), Lotus 81, March (?), Brabham BT81, Matra Ford

Race 3 WSM: Cooper King Cobra (?), Chevron B19 or 21, Lola T70, Alfa Romeo 33-3(?), Porsche 935
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    I agree, details would be nice... no photo ID from the site, just a Flash gallery?

Race 3 WSM: Cooper King Cobra (?), Chevron B19 or 21, Lola T70, Alfa Romeo 33-3(?), Porsche 935
    some corrections: The "March" is actually a Brabham B42, while the "Brabham" is the Williams FW07D#16.
    The Sports car: Cooper T61#CM-4-63, the Chevron I am curious to know which one it is (or pretends to be), the Lola T70 could well a replica, and perhaps also the 934/5
    The Chevron is a B23, and the Porsche a 911RSR.
    Last edited by henk4; 10-04-2009 at 04:34 AM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I agree with you that it is an important race, therefore I am bit disappointed that you link to a site that just produces shots without any explanation what car we are looking at.
    Because it is my site and it took me a week to get these pics online ! and yes i would like to put more info on the site but i have a dayjob so if someone would like to sponsor me ... it is weird no big carsites went to the six hours ? maybe cause of the Reims event and ADAC Eiffel rennen and Geneva classic ... to much at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post

Al the cars entered in the 11 races you can find here with al the times : Races Information Services

Quote Originally Posted by putje View Post
    Al the cars entered in the 11 races you can find here with al the times : Races Information Services
    Thanks for this, that is helpful. And I just noted that of the 16 Lola T70MK3B built in period, no less than 13 were present here.....

Because it is my site and it took me a week to get these pics online ! and yes i would like to put more info on the site but i have a dayjob so if someone would like to sponsor me ... it is weird no big carsites went to the six hours ? maybe cause of the Reims event and ADAC Eiffel rennen and Geneva classic ... to much at the same time
    Your analysis is correct, apart from that the Revival Meeting, where many of the same cars were racing, was held the weekend before.

Yet another great race : Pre Wars
    a shame there were no Alfa's !!! but the 3 Bugs made up for that
    #2 : T59 57248 #3 : T50 LM 50143 #33 : T35B ????
    Spa 6 Hours 2009 race 9

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Your analysis is correct, apart from that the Revival Meeting, where many of the same cars were racing, was held the weekend before.
    Yes the Goodwood Revival was the week before ! an event i would like to visit in the future

Yes the Goodwood Revival was the week before ! an event i would like to visit in the future
    sure, 57248 and 50143 were both at the Revival...

I think the car everyone is calling an arrows (race 2) may be a surtees. Does anyone know for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Canam fan View Post
    I think the car everyone is calling an arrows (race 2) may be a surtees. Does anyone know for sure?
    yes, you are right it's a TS20

The RAC Woodcote trophy with fantastic cars like D & C type Jags ,OSCA , Maserati & Aston Martin.

Thread Information