Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spa 6 Hours 2009

talking about D-Types, 207RW, that you show, is a replica, (with FIA papers though) and if you have seen a yellow one, that was made 15 years ago....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    talking about D-Types, 207RW, that you show, is a replica, (with FIA papers though) and if you have seen a yellow one, that was made 15 years ago....
    I don't think to much about the fact there are so many replica's around as long if they are good replica's its not that big a problem for me ! Lola T70, Chevron B8/B16 , GT 40 , Cobra , E type Lightweight ...
    So is the case for many of these Listers
    BRDC Historic Sportscars
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, I earlier mentioned the 13 T70s.
    5 are real, 2 cars claim the same (real) identity
    6 are "real" replicas...
    I haven't checked the B16s. Some say that out of the 23 made, only 5 or 6 now existing, can be traced back to their original identity.

When reading the reports for instance on 10-10, I can't help thinking that the six hours is increasingly an English club race on foreign territory, where srutineering and admission are governed by British rules.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Yes, I earlier mentioned the 13 T70s.
    5 are real, 2 cars claim the same (real) identity
    6 are "real" replicas...
    I haven't checked the B16s. Some say that out of the 23 made, only 5 or 6 now existing, can be traced back to their original identity.

When reading the reports for instance on 10-10, I can't help thinking that the six hours is increasingly an English club race on foreign territory, where srutineering and admission are governed by British rules.
    Big bussiness those continuation cars ! Historic racing has become so big there is a huge demand for classic racingcars and there are only so many original cars to go around.
    And yes the 6 Hours is like an all English event Last year in Le Mans (classic) i had the same impression

Top Hat Masters a mixture of all sorts of cars

The Spa 6 Hours race (102 cars participating) won by the Lynn GT 40 who also won the Tour Auto this year.

Hey I'm new

What's up everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. Hopefully I posted this in the right section!
    Bing - It's better than Google

Quote Originally Posted by bacyGycle View Post
    What's up everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. Hopefully I posted this in the right section!
    SPAM!
    Well, for some aspects Bing is indeed better than Google, but NO, this isn't the right section.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information