Thread: Some minor tweaks

Some minor tweaks

Good day,

Building on our earlier Major Race Wins expansion, we have this morning added this page: Drivers - Ultimatecarpage.com It can be accessed under the 'Features' header in the navigation menu. This is very much a work in progress but due to the way this interacts with the rest of the site, I had to get it online immediately. I will be adding more information in the future when there is some additional time.

Also new today is this page: Major Races - Ultimatecarpage.com This is a listing of the Major Races of which all editions are featured in our database. This listing will also grow in size as I add more data into this database.

Thirdly, we have added some more bits to the car specification tables. Where available the featured car's predecessor and successor are listed in the top bit of the table. An example: 1979 Ferrari 312 T4 - Images, Specifications and Information Additionally, the Resources section at the bottom can now also include 'Related Cars'. An example: 2011 McLaren MP4-12C - Images, Specifications and Information

Unfortunately Frank has fallen seriously ill and will be sidelined for quite some time, so I have to do both the coding and editorial work on the site. As a result, it will all take a lot longer to complete, which means I can't say when any of the three new features will be fully done. I am confident that Frank will make a full recovery and then we should be able to produce some more features that actually require talent and intelligence to create. If you want to wish Frank a speedy recovery, you can leave him a note on his profile.

Thanks for your continued visits and kind regards,

Wouter
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 12-14-2009 at 07:29 AM.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

To whom it may concern, thanks for the great effort.

Wouter,
    First post, not my first visit to the site. I've been visiting this site for years and I find it to be the most complete, professional, and focused website available. I do not consider myself a supercar aficionado, however, I do appreciate a well designed, straight-forward media from which to access solid editorial information about the latest in car news.
    Aside from subscribing to CAR Magazine, out of the UK, you are the only other media outlet I regularly consult. I believe CAR to be the best available resource for car enthusiasts and you all are certainly among the best. So thanks, from one car nut to the other, for keeping this a free and entertaining resource for dreamers, owners, and gearheads alike.
    A bit of unsolicited advice: I think your site would bolster it's name in the supercar website world by enhancing and upgrading some of the more rudimentary elements. Ex: Title page looks out-of-date and unattended. The sexier this site becomes the more it legitimizes you all as the professionals I think most of the visitors see you as.
    Thanks again. Best of luck.

-Jesse

We have added some more tweaks. On selected pages we added mouse-pointers on car links that show some additional information.

Examples here on the predecessor / related cars bits: 1959 Lister Costin Chevrolet - Images, Specifications and Information

Another examples can be found here on all car links: F1 1960 - 1969 - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

We have further expanded the mouse-overs. They now also work on the various events sections. We have also edited the left hand table on the main page. All boxes now have small graphics and a recent events box has been added.

(Ted Joans)

having related/predecessor cars linked in the specs table is neat wouter, good work!
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    having related/predecessor cars linked in the specs table is neat wouter, good work!
    Just noticed this. Pretty sweet.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Catching up with the latest internet trends we have finally added some RSS feeds to the main page. You can learn more about them here: Ultimatecarpage.com Feeds.

(Ted Joans)

We have also added a twitter account: Wouter Melissen (ultimatecarpage) on Twitter

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information