Thread: 2007 Lexus RX350

2007 Lexus RX350

So my parents came upon a really good deal and are thinking of a 3rd car. I don't know why but it works for me.

2007 Lexus RX350 - It was leased for 3 years, driven like a baby with 17k miles on it. Residual payments are about $24k. Lexus wants a 1k cut and will sell us the car for $25k. Its not loaded but its not a base. It has the premium package with all those comfort features. The car has a remaining 1 year bumper to bumper warranty. If we wanted to get it certified Lexus would charge an additional $3k for 3 years or to 100k miles. (which would only be 2 years in addition to the factory) These are great reliable cars so i don't see that as being an issue. However the car was babied for 3 years and 17k miles. if we decided to drive it hard and open it up would that be bad? its not use to being driven hard. I don't want to kill it. Do you guys think that it could potentially cause problems if driven like it should have been.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

it probably needs to be driven hard if it hasn't thus far. those are pretty solid cars, if not ubiquitous and invisible.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

I don't think it would cause problems, I mean an RX isn't meant to go tearing around the laws of physics in backroads.

Personally, though, I don't like the car at all.
    Last edited by Ferrer; 12-16-2009 at 05:16 AM.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

It'll be trouble free, reliable motoring.

Certainly not pulse racing by any means.

And you'll look like a Soccer mom.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Can't believe I never updated this thread,

The Lexus was bought not too long after, we kept it for 6 months, put 8k miles on it and sold it for the same price we bought it. It worked well in the snow, my sister had it for a bit and she used it. Good car, very comfortable just boring!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

You forgot the part where she dented it.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    You forgot the part where she dented it.
    Not a dent but some nice bumper scratches. She dented the other car she hit lol. woman drivers. smh

Did i tell you what she did to the loaner BMW??
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    Not a dent but some nice bumper scratches. She dented the other car she hit lol. woman drivers. smh

Did i tell you what she did to the loaner BMW??
    Haha, nope.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Haha, nope.
    We had a loaner for Thanksgiving weekend. The 335d threw a Service Engine Soon code, the Metering valve for the urea wasn't working. We had a loaner for some time and she drove it to work Friday. I took it to the city that same Friday night. In the city i noticed it has scratches like scuff marks on the bumper and fender of the passenger side. In no way did it make sense because I didn't park on that side nor did it make sense that someone would have hit me. Also the marks were scuffs, not scratches.

I got home at 3 in the morning and the car was to be returned the next day. I was outside in the cold till 330 that morning trying to buff the scratch out. I wake up the next morning and tell my sister about what happened and she goes, "oh yeah i forgot to tell you, I accidentally hit the wall in the parking garage" I was like wtf?? how did you do that??? Not cool at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

well as it was the urea metering valve, I think she's just taking the piss

Sorry, man, not good ....... women drivers huh !!
    Get her to foot the bill
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    well as it was the urea metering valve, I think she's just taking the piss

Sorry, man, not good ....... women drivers huh !!
    Get her to foot the bill
    well the way i looked at it, she had a urinary tract infection and couldn't pee! haha. before the SES came on saying the valve was defective i had smelt diesel exhaust on a start up which I never smelt before.

yeah women drivers are no good. This is the third time in three different cars she's hit a stationary object. The dealer never said anything about it. A buff would have taken it all out so no worries!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

well the way i looked at it, she had a urinary tract infection and couldn't pee! haha. before the SES came on saying the valve was defective i had smelt diesel exhaust on a start up which I never smelt before.

yeah women drivers are no good. This is the third time in three different cars she's hit a stationary object. The dealer never said anything about it. A buff would have taken it all out so no worries!
    I once heard a statistic that women are much more likely to hit a stationary objects and men are more likely to hit moving targets. What this obviously proves, though dorms and public restrooms would say otherwise, is that men have better aim.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I once heard a statistic that women are much more likely to hit a stationary objects and men are more likely to hit moving targets.
    hunting vs gathering
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

So my parents came upon a really good deal and are thinking of a 3rd car. I don't know why but it works for me.

2007 Lexus parts RX350 - It was leased for 3 years, driven like a baby with 17k miles on it. Residual payments are about $24k. Lexus wants a 1k cut and will sell us the car for $25k. Its not loaded but its not a base. It has the premium package with all those comfort features. The car has a remaining 1 year bumper to bumper warranty. If we wanted to get it certified Lexus would charge an additional $3k for 3 years or to 100k miles. (which would only be 2 years in addition to the factory) These are great reliable cars so i don't see that as being an issue. However the car was babied for 3 years and 17k miles. if we decided to drive it hard and open it up would that be bad? its not use to being driven hard. I don't want to kill it. Do you guys think that it could potentially cause problems if driven like it should have been
    i maybe off topic in here guys but i need an expert opinions from you guys because my friend is selling his lexus rx 350 (which is the reason why i landed on this page) it only has a 73k kms and everything on this baby is still on stock. but because of excitement i forgot to look what is under the hood of this car. what are the things that i need to look carefully guys? i dont have any mechanic friend so i am just relying on pure researching. so far what i only know is the sign of leaks are unacceptable. but simple leaks are just gaskets right? not really that expensive replacement. but i really wish there are no leaks on it. i really want it! lol
    Last edited by ronierogers; 10-01-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Thread Information