Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Mustang GT power leaked

2011 Mustang GT power leaked

Confirmed: 2011 Ford Mustang GT to offer 412-horsepower 5.0-liter V8 — Autoblog

Perhaps intentionally or just coincidently, its the same specific power as the V6
    I am the Stig

That's very nice. I really liked the 2010 spec Mustang we had at Monterey except for the blatant lack of power.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

more teens with too much power!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

I'm not a teen but I would like a 2011 V8 Mustang. I like the yet again updated styling. The V8 powertrain in the Mustang is seriously nice. Based on Hp numbers I can see how many people weren't that impressed. However, the engine is so smooth and well behaved. The manual shifts nicely. Overall it is easy to fall in love with it even though on paper the old ~300hp motor wasn't that great.

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    more teens with too much power!
    Thats the V6 model's problem....305bhp for the V6 is a lot for a car for teenage cheerleader....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

It's also quite a lot lighter than its rivals.

I'd be interested if we could somehow buy it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It's also quite a lot lighter than its rivals.

I'd be interested if we could somehow buy it.
    You know you can, somehow.
    That said, the gf's neighbor with the pre-update GT isn't aging well. The paint is getting opaque, espeecially the red stripe (main color is silver), and he bought a specific car cover to protect the body. The black plastic parts are also a bit whitish. Will get a look at the interior too.
    He recently bought some sort of Caterham too (not exactly the right period of the year...).
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I wonder if his paint was OEM. Ford in general have been holding up well this decade. I haven't heard about any particular issues with the Mustang. Of course the Mustang would be a very hard sell in Europe. Here we might forgive a bit of the crudeness because it's a nice V8 for $25-30k (well more if you load it up and pay sticker). In Europe, by the time you pay to import it and pay the taxes on the 4.6L V8 you are likely in BMW 335 money. The value part of the equation that makes the car popular over hear is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    You know you can, somehow.
    That said, the gf's neighbor with the pre-update GT isn't aging well. The paint is getting opaque, espeecially the red stripe (main color is silver), and he bought a specific car cover to protect the body. The black plastic parts are also a bit whitish. Will get a look at the interior too.
    He recently bought some sort of Caterham too (not exactly the right period of the year...).
    I'm not that interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    I wonder if his paint was OEM. Ford in general have been holding up well this decade. I haven't heard about any particular issues with the Mustang. Of course the Mustang would be a very hard sell in Europe. Here we might forgive a bit of the crudeness because it's a nice V8 for $25-30k (well more if you load it up and pay sticker). In Europe, by the time you pay to import it and pay the taxes on the 4.6L V8 you are likely in BMW 335 money. The value part of the equation that makes the car popular over hear is gone.
    Of course I'd consider if it occupied the same market as it does in the US. Not as an alternative to a 300bhp BMW.
    Visca Catalunya!

I think it is an OEM paint, he also ordered a second set of wheels and those are OEM as well. Not sure on the supercharger he should have installed last year. I'm not even sure he has one, but the sound tells me a different story.

Not as an alternative to a 300bhp BMW.
    High pressure fuel pump failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    High pressure fuel pump failures.
    Not as an alternative to a 320bhp Datsun.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I think it is an OEM paint, he also ordered a second set of wheels and those are OEM as well. Not sure on the supercharger he should have installed last year. I'm not even sure he has one, but the sound tells me a different story.
    I don't think there was a factory supercharger in '05. I think '06 was the first year for the factory Roots blower. That was part of the 500GT Cobra. Otherwise the car would have a factory NA motor. I ask about the paint because it wouldn't be at all uncommon for a middle man/dealer/importer to add the stripes to the car. In the US many cars from many brands get stuck with aftermarket, dealer added parts. One of the first parts to go out on my old Corolla was the cruise control. Since the cruise was dealer added, vs Toyota added I can't blame Toyota for the failure short of blaming them for allowing a dealer to install a crappy aftermarket unit on a new car.

I don't think there was a factory supercharger in '05. I think '06 was the first year for the factory Roots blower. That was part of the 500GT Cobra. Otherwise the car would have a factory NA motor. I ask about the paint because it wouldn't be at all uncommon for a middle man/dealer/importer to add the stripes to the car. In the US many cars from many brands get stuck with aftermarket, dealer added parts. One of the first parts to go out on my old Corolla was the cruise control. Since the cruise was dealer added, vs Toyota added I can't blame Toyota for the failure short of blaming them for allowing a dealer to install a crappy aftermarket unit on a new car.
    He would have added the supercharger in 2008, if there is a supercharger in first place.
    The stripes could really have been added by the dealer/importer/himself given we get limited choice on imported cars, so a personalization touch would be expected. The black plastic rear view mirrors are surely OEM though, but it may even be because of a treatment he gave them.
    I remember my father once bought a cleaning product which actually made a mess of the plastic parts, but we managed to remove it.

Not as an alternative to a 320bhp Datsun.
    Well played. I was just screwing with you though.

Thread Information