Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Mustang GT power leaked

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
    Thanks for posting the video. Whats up with the side view mirrors, and the little notch in the upper corner?
    Looks like they added some small wide angle mirrors to the corners.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Pricing for the 2011 Mustang gets leaked/released:

http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2010...ang_prices.php

And on the tuner side of things, Shelby has gone ahead and built a new suit to wear the GT350 badge:

2011 Ford Shelby GT350 - First Look, Photos and Video - Motor Trend
    Last edited by ThisBlood147; 01-19-2010 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    Pricing for the 2011 Mustang gets leaked/released:

2011 Ford Mustang GT and V6 Pricing Released

And on the tuner side of things, Shelby has gone ahead and built a new suit to wear the GT350 badge:

2011 Ford Shelby GT350 - First Look, Photos and Video - Motor Trend
    They couldn't make the GT $495 cheaper to claim it's under $30,000?

The GT350 looks pretty sweet. I definitely like it better that the GT500.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    They couldn't make the GT $495 cheaper to claim it's under $30,000?

The GT350 looks pretty sweet. I definitely like it better that the GT500.
    It's actually just under 29K. But most sites quote MSRP with the $850 destination fee included.......which pushes the price up over 30K. Really, that's not bad considering that the 315 hp 4.6 GT went for 28K. So for 2K more........you get almost 100 more horsies and a much more impressive drivetrain (5.0 DOHC V8 and 6 speed gearbox).

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It's also quite a lot lighter than its rivals.
    thats the scary part for the camaro lovers in the room. we've been able to make up for the weight by having over 100 more horsepower than the mustang...what are we gonna do? (lord knows GM wont make the camaro any lighter)

the camaro ss also starts in the low 30's I think.

ls7 equipped z28 model perhaps???
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post

Supposed to be an LSA equipped Z28......if they actually give it the green light. It'll likely have power and pricing right on par with the current GT500.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    thats the scary part for the camaro lovers in the room. we've been able to make up for the weight by having over 100 more horsepower than the mustang...what are we gonna do? (lord knows GM wont make the camaro any lighter)

the camaro ss also starts in the low 30's I think.

It still wouldn't be as good/fun to drive as the new 5L I'd wager.

Stick with your 4th gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    It still wouldn't be as good/fun to drive as the new 5L I'd wager.

Stick with your 4th gen.
    I was pretty impressed with what the '10 GT with the track pack did during Car and Driver's "Lightning Lap" test at VIR. Out ran the GT500 through the corners, just didn't have the power to compete on the straights. Also beat the Genesis coupe by several seconds, but in it's defense the coupe was an auto. And managed not to crash into the guard rail at high speed, so it has an edge over the Nismo 370Z there.

I've alsways been interested in a GT with the 5.0 "Cammer" crate engine that Ford racing's been selling since it would keep the better weight distribution of the GT while getting a considerable bump in power. This new Coyote engine seems to be putting out fairly identical numbers, so maybe Ford just decided to build my idea.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

About what I'm expecting as far as acceleration numbers go (Mustang being a few tenths faster than the Camaro). I'm just curious as to whether the new GT will maintain the litheness that the 2010 model had. If it does it will have the offer the best all around package of the 3 pony rides on the market.

The Mustang's only problem - and this is more for those that want to take it to the circuit instead of the track - is that it's a live axle. This may well be changed on the next model however.

The Mustang's only problem - and this is more for those that want to take it to the circuit instead of the track - is that it's a live axle. This may well be changed on the next model however.
    It doesn't make as big a difference on this car as you'd think. The only tradeoff with this new Mustang is ride comfort. It doesn't hinder cornering performance in the least. I've had my 05 on some pretty rough twisties in my area, and she swings and bobs like a champ.
    Last edited by ThisBlood147; 03-28-2010 at 12:34 PM.

Well, I would figure there is some disadvantage to having a live axle or other sports cars would use it, so I say it does probably does hinder performance.

Not to devalue your contribution, but I have to take an assessment of any car's performance by the car's owner with a grain of salt due to bias.

Well, I would figure there is some disadvantage to having a live axle or other sports cars would use it, so I say it does probably does hinder performance.
    Don't misunderstand me, I'm saying that it wouldn't perform better if it had IRS. I'm simply stating that having the live axle isn't as big a liability as one would think. If I can have my GT with IRS at the same price and without a substantial weight increase then I'm all for it.
    Not to devalue your contribution, but I have to take an assessment of any car's performance by the car's owner with a grain of salt due to bias.
    Well I'm not one to over-inflate my car's capabilities......I'm well aware of its limits. I know it's no Lotus Exige. I've been behind the wheel of smaller, more maneuverable cars, and I don't feel that my GT is so far behind as to say it is a stone aged horse buggy. If it couldn't zip around the twisties without giving me heart failure then I wouldn't be touting its handling capabilities. My only point is that this live axle Mustang is just as capable (if not moreso) than either of its two segment V8 competitors. There has been many a comparo between the three cars that backs up this GT owner's claims.

Thread Information