Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: "Your Mazda is nothing but an expensive Ford."

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post
    Apart from Rollers, Aston Martins and TVRs and perhaps some esoterica Pommy cars are ordinary. Beer rates (if they could learn to refrigerate it). No argument with the scotch and page three girls though!
    Some of the greatest cars in history have been brittish. Lotuses (and Caterhams,) Minis, Triumphs, Austin Healys, Aston Martins, TVRs, ACs, Nobles, Sunbeam (Tiger anyways,) yes even Radicals and Rolls Royces. Granted some have been pretty craptacular, but there have been quite a few gems in there.

And Guinness is the nector of the gods.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    possibly for the gods that never left the island.....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Some of the greatest cars in history have been brittish. Lotuses (and Caterhams,) Minis, Triumphs, Austin Healys, Aston Martins, TVRs, ACs, Nobles, Sunbeam (Tiger anyways,) yes even Radicals and Rolls Royces. Granted some have been pretty craptacular, but there have been quite a few gems in there.

Guinness meh. Lotus I forgot, sorry. Minis (original yes), Triumphs, Austin Healys, Sunbeam? Not sure what your criteria is there. Mention those names to most mechanics here though and they will make a face like you just farted.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    possibly for the gods that never left the island.....
    You're a heretic and a product of a weak-beered society.

Guinness meh. Lotus I forgot, sorry. Minis (original yes), Triumphs, Austin Healys, Sunbeam? Not sure what your criteria is there. Mention those names to most mechanics here though and they will make a face like you just farted.
    My thing with the Sunbeam tiger is that it is one of the greatest sleeper cars of all time. I think it's awesome for that alone, even if I didn't have visions of owning one with machine guns under the hood... I also forgot Jags and MGs.

If I was a mechanic I probably would, too. It's all part of the charm.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

me too then. Had two and I wouldn't rate them any better than Toyotas, of which Ive had four. I believe they are more expensive to upkeep though. Their used to be a certain poor mans BMW wank factor about them here though.
    Usually the ones whose name has two letters followed by a number are quite interesting. And they've made other interesting cars too, even recently.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Usually the ones whose name has two letters followed by a number are quite interesting. And they've made other interesting cars too, even recently.
    Oh I don't mean there is anything wrong with them. Nice cars, if you like "nice" cars. Just special in my opinion. Not a rotary fan though.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    You may be looking at the wrong kind of Mazdas then.
    Well, we get mommy cars here. Thats probably the reason. But saying that one's Mazda is an expensive Ford is like saying: " Nice Caddilet ".
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    Well, we get mommy cars here. Thats probably the reason. But saying that one's Mazda is an expensive Ford is like saying: " Nice Caddilet ".
    MX-5, RX-8 and now you are getting the 2. That's three Mazdas worth looking at. And given the dismal choice at small and interesting cars the 3 is worth a look too.
    Visca Catalunya!

MX-5, RX-8 and now you are getting the 2. That's three Mazdas worth looking at. And given the dismal choice at small and interesting cars the 3 is worth a look too.
    and the Mazdaspeed 6, the CX-7 (sith the same engine in the Mazdaspeeds), and even the 5 is an MPV that will haul some ass. they have a rather sporting lineup all around.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    and the Mazdaspeed 6, the CX-7 (sith the same engine in the Mazdaspeeds), and even the 5 is an MPV that will haul some ass. they have a rather sporting lineup all around.
    The 6 MPS is dead.

You know my opnion about SUVs and the 5 suffers the same fate as the 3 here, lost in a sea of very compelling options.
    Visca Catalunya!

well, they took a few years on the previous gen to bring out the MS6/MPS, so hopefully they will on this gen, which is much better looking.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    well, they took a few years on the previous gen to bring out the MS6/MPS, so hopefully they will on this gen, which is much better looking.
    The closest thing I have heard was through another mazdaspeed6 owner who in-turn heard from an inventory Manager who has tested the Mazda AWD for the 2006 system, he states that a Mazdaspeed 6 is going to be released in 2012, being available last quarter 2011. Engine is rumered to be a 2.5 4cyl disi turbo manual. Or a GT version which is using the 3.7 platform from the new Mazda 6 mated with twin turbos and mazda magnesium paddle shifters, aiming at 340 hp.

But dont hold your breath.

*edit* Also, it will have an entirely different body style as well, going off the european/japan vehicle and not off the behemoth that specializes in the U.S.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Well, if you want a really happy car....
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

and NOT British
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    and NOT British
    That's like saying you're English.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Thread Information