Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 73 of 73

Thread: UCP Awards 2009: Car of the Decade [Nominations]

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,173
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    maybe take top 5 of each voting thread to leverage them a bit.
    I can see that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Put all the supercars in one thread though.
    Screw you. I will put them in the order they were nominated.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,173
    Nominations so far:

    Infiniti G Series - Which Generation coolieman?

    Fiat Panda 100 HP

    Alfa Romeo 8C

    Citroen C6

    Alfa Romeo 159

    Maserati Quattroporte

    Bugatti Veyron

    Corvette C6

    Pagani Zonda

    Hummer H2

    Cadillac CTS - Even with blanket nominations, we need which generation Cobrafan427

    BMW 3 Series - Which generation Cobrafan427?

    Toyota Camry - Which generation Cobrafan427

    Nissan GT-R R35

    Toyota Prius - Which Generation LTSmash?

    Porsche Cayenne

    Ferrari F430 Scuderia

    Mini R53

    Golf GTi MkV

    Mercedes Benz CLS

    Lamborghini Gallardo

    Chrysler 300

    Noble M12

    Honda FCX Clarity

    Toyota iQ

    Tata Nano

    Tesla Roadster

    Porsche 996 911 GT3

    Lamborghini Murcielago

    TVR Tuscan

    Aston Martin DB9

    Mazda MX-5

    Lotus Elise

    Volkswagen Phaeton

    Now a couple people listed Mini, did anyone want the R56 Mini? I figure probably not.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,496
    If we are doing blanket it should be the Panda, not the 100HP. And the GT3 also could be considered technically just a 911.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    If we are doing blanket it should be the Panda, not the 100HP. And the GT3 also could be considered technically just a 911.
    I was wondering if a GT3 was different enough to be considered another model, and as for the 100 HP I wasn't sure.

    Thoughts?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Porto - Portugal
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I was wondering if a GT3 was different enough to be considered another model, and as for the 100 HP I wasn't sure.

    Thoughts?
    You did list the Panda as the 100hp and the Golf as the GTI, i think all cars should have full names, the GTI is a better car than the rest of the range, just like tha panda 100hp is better than the ridiculous 70hp or 60hp 1.2

    I would choose full name and model.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,496
    Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    You did list the Panda as the 100hp and the Golf as the GTI, i think all cars should have full names, the GTI is a better car than the rest of the range, just like tha panda 100hp is better than the ridiculous 70hp or 60hp 1.2

    I would choose full name and model.
    But then it also is the same basic car and it is more expensive. And it could be argued that more expensive models with higher profit margins allow for better engineering solutions. And a good car should be a good car full stop, not because it's more expensive it should be better.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Porto - Portugal
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    But then it also is the same basic car and it is more expensive. And it could be argued that more expensive models with higher profit margins allow for better engineering solutions. And a good car should be a good car full stop, not because it's more expensive it should be better.
    Good point, let's stick to models only without versions. a Golf Gti is a Golf and a GT3 is a 911/997.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,173
    I dunno guys, I think we are doing blanket models wrong. I think say, a CTS is a CTS as long as it isn't say a V - if the manufacturer calls it the same model then I say it should be ok. A GT3 is a different model of 911 in my eyes. A Fiat with a 1.2 or 1.4 L engine that are the same nameplate are not.

    So a 323i and a 335i are to be classed as the same model - the 3 series, but I think the M3 should be different.

    What do you think?

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    └A & Connecticlump
    Posts
    5,299
    I agree, unless there is only one car within a nameplate worthy of the honor and all others are shitty. However, if this case proves relevant, too bad, I say. Let's keep it somewhat simple.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,496
    I can see the point of the M3 versus regular 3ers. There's really quite a lot of difference, from the drivetrain, to the body, suspension, etc...

    I'm not so sure about the GT3 though, it still is a rear engined, flat six, two wheel drive 911 with a manual gearbox. All of which has the regular Carrera Coupe.

    We could discuss every model, but I agree with Miles, just vote. Or esle we'll actually be doing the 2010 awards at this rate.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I can see the point of the M3 versus regular 3ers. There's really quite a lot of difference, from the drivetrain, to the body, suspension, etc...

    I'm not so sure about the GT3 though, it still is a rear engined, flat six, two wheel drive 911 with a manual gearbox. All of which has the regular Carrera Coupe.

    We could discuss every model, but I agree with Miles, just vote. Or esle we'll actually be doing the 2010 awards at this rate.
    I am then gonna make an executive decision and make the GT3 count unless I meet an overwhelming tide of opposition.

    The only think we are waiting on is coolieman to hear what generation of G he nominated.

    Next decade people, be more specific.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,173
    Ok I've sent coolieman a private message to ask him what generation of G he has selected, and I want to get this done as it's been nearly two months now, So I've decided to give him until 11:59 PM EST Sunday, February 21 (today) to clarify his selection or it will not be included.

    If I remember, I will be posting the voting threads early Monday morning - someone remind me to do this please if I forget; I may be busy watching Super Sunday - the Olympics' spat of three great games of men's hockey rivalries.

    To be fair, I think not including the G will make not be a big deal as I feel it was unlikely to receive many votes, and the number of people that may have voted for it that selected other cars instead will probably be small.

    Bah we need to get these threads up.

    Nominations are now closed otherwise.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kyushu
    Posts
    6,039
    i am sure he is intending the V35 generation, as that is the one he owns.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Favorite James Bond Automobile
    By toyota_trevor in forum Car comparison
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 02-07-2020, 12:54 AM
  2. Mercedes-Benz C111 Research Car 1969-1979
    By Matt in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-21-2015, 10:35 PM
  3. GT4 whole car list!!!!
    By Mustang in forum Gaming
    Replies: 247
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 08:06 AM
  4. the offical Karrmann rice alert log thread.
    By Karrmann in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 263
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 04:45 PM
  5. The first annual UCP car awards 2003.
    By carlover in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 02:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •