Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: UCP Awards 2009: Car of the Decade [Nominations]

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    maybe take top 5 of each voting thread to leverage them a bit.
    I can see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Put all the supercars in one thread though.
    Screw you. I will put them in the order they were nominated.

Nominations so far:

Infiniti G Series - Which Generation coolieman?

Fiat Panda 100 HP

Alfa Romeo 8C

Citroen C6

Alfa Romeo 159

Maserati Quattroporte

Bugatti Veyron

Corvette C6

Pagani Zonda

Hummer H2

Cadillac CTS - Even with blanket nominations, we need which generation Cobrafan427

BMW 3 Series - Which generation Cobrafan427?

Toyota Camry - Which generation Cobrafan427

Nissan GT-R R35

Toyota Prius - Which Generation LTSmash?

Porsche Cayenne

Ferrari F430 Scuderia

Mini R53

Golf GTi MkV

Mercedes Benz CLS

Lamborghini Gallardo

Chrysler 300

Noble M12

Honda FCX Clarity

Toyota iQ

Tata Nano

Tesla Roadster

Porsche 996 911 GT3

Lamborghini Murcielago

TVR Tuscan

Aston Martin DB9

Mazda MX-5

Lotus Elise

Volkswagen Phaeton

Now a couple people listed Mini, did anyone want the R56 Mini? I figure probably not.

If we are doing blanket it should be the Panda, not the 100HP. And the GT3 also could be considered technically just a 911.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

If we are doing blanket it should be the Panda, not the 100HP. And the GT3 also could be considered technically just a 911.
    I was wondering if a GT3 was different enough to be considered another model, and as for the 100 HP I wasn't sure.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I was wondering if a GT3 was different enough to be considered another model, and as for the 100 HP I wasn't sure.

Thoughts?
    You did list the Panda as the 100hp and the Golf as the GTI, i think all cars should have full names, the GTI is a better car than the rest of the range, just like tha panda 100hp is better than the ridiculous 70hp or 60hp 1.2

I would choose full name and model.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    You did list the Panda as the 100hp and the Golf as the GTI, i think all cars should have full names, the GTI is a better car than the rest of the range, just like tha panda 100hp is better than the ridiculous 70hp or 60hp 1.2

I would choose full name and model.
    But then it also is the same basic car and it is more expensive. And it could be argued that more expensive models with higher profit margins allow for better engineering solutions. And a good car should be a good car full stop, not because it's more expensive it should be better.
    Visca Catalunya!

But then it also is the same basic car and it is more expensive. And it could be argued that more expensive models with higher profit margins allow for better engineering solutions. And a good car should be a good car full stop, not because it's more expensive it should be better.
    Good point, let's stick to models only without versions. a Golf Gti is a Golf and a GT3 is a 911/997.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

I dunno guys, I think we are doing blanket models wrong. I think say, a CTS is a CTS as long as it isn't say a V - if the manufacturer calls it the same model then I say it should be ok. A GT3 is a different model of 911 in my eyes. A Fiat with a 1.2 or 1.4 L engine that are the same nameplate are not.

So a 323i and a 335i are to be classed as the same model - the 3 series, but I think the M3 should be different.

What do you think?

I agree, unless there is only one car within a nameplate worthy of the honor and all others are shitty. However, if this case proves relevant, too bad, I say. Let's keep it somewhat simple.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I can see the point of the M3 versus regular 3ers. There's really quite a lot of difference, from the drivetrain, to the body, suspension, etc...

I'm not so sure about the GT3 though, it still is a rear engined, flat six, two wheel drive 911 with a manual gearbox. All of which has the regular Carrera Coupe.

We could discuss every model, but I agree with Miles, just vote. Or esle we'll actually be doing the 2010 awards at this rate.
    Visca Catalunya!

I can see the point of the M3 versus regular 3ers. There's really quite a lot of difference, from the drivetrain, to the body, suspension, etc...

I'm not so sure about the GT3 though, it still is a rear engined, flat six, two wheel drive 911 with a manual gearbox. All of which has the regular Carrera Coupe.

We could discuss every model, but I agree with Miles, just vote. Or esle we'll actually be doing the 2010 awards at this rate.
    I am then gonna make an executive decision and make the GT3 count unless I meet an overwhelming tide of opposition.

The only think we are waiting on is coolieman to hear what generation of G he nominated.

Next decade people, be more specific.

Ok I've sent coolieman a private message to ask him what generation of G he has selected, and I want to get this done as it's been nearly two months now, So I've decided to give him until 11:59 PM EST Sunday, February 21 (today) to clarify his selection or it will not be included.

If I remember, I will be posting the voting threads early Monday morning - someone remind me to do this please if I forget; I may be busy watching Super Sunday - the Olympics' spat of three great games of men's hockey rivalries.

To be fair, I think not including the G will make not be a big deal as I feel it was unlikely to receive many votes, and the number of people that may have voted for it that selected other cars instead will probably be small.

Bah we need to get these threads up.

Nominations are now closed otherwise.

i am sure he is intending the V35 generation, as that is the one he owns.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information