Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alfa Romeo TZ3 Corsa 2010

Alfa Romeo TZ3 Corsa 2010

Alfa Romeo TZ3 Corsa

BMW Press Release:

The future on parade at the 2010 Concorso d’Eleganza - Concept cars set to deliver an exciting competition

Alfa Romeo TZ3 Corsa, Zagato (2010)

With Alfa Romeo midway through its centenary year, Zagato adds its voice to the celebrations with the TZ3 Corsa – a symbol of the historical cooperation between the two brands. The idea of “utilitarian beauty” is rooted in a philosophy of functionality and inspired by the tradition of motor racing shared by Zagato and Alfa Romeo since 1919. The TZ3 is the latest Zagato creation to be given its world premiere at the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este.

Zagato Press Release:

Zagato Atelier announces the introduction of the Alfa Romeo TZ3 Corsa at the XII Villa D'Este Concours d'Elegance.

The TZ3 Corsa is not a design exercise. It doesn't take inspiration only from the 90 year collaboration between the two brands, neither only from the Milanese link between Alfa Romeo and Zagato.

The TZ3 Corsa is a race car, honouring the 100th anniversary of Alfa Romeo's racing Heritage. It celebrates the men and machines of the Alfa Romeo Zagato common tradition: Scuderia Ferrari of 20's and 30's, Alfa Corse of 40's and 50's, Autodelta of 60's and 70's up to the latest Scuderia Zagato of 80's and 90's.

Commissioned by a German Alfa Romeo Zagato's Gentleman driver, the TZ3 Corsa is based on a mono shell carbon fibre tubular chassis, coupled with a tubular frame and a lightweight aluminium body.

Technical Partners: OMP e PIRELLI
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow! I can't wait to see more!

Alfa Romeo TZ3 Corsa #2

Zagato Atelier announces the introduction of the Alfa Romeo TZ3 Corsa at the XII Villa D’Este Concours d’Elegance.

The TZ3 Corsa is not a design exercise. It does not take inspiration only from the 90 year collaboration between the two brands, neither only from the Milanese conjunction between Alfa Romeo and Zagato. The TZ3 Corsa is a race car, honouring 100 years of races and victories across the whole 20th century.

It celebrates men and machines of the Alfa Romeo Zagato common tradition: Scuderia Ferrari of the 20’s and 30’s, Alfa Corse of the 40’s and 50’s, Autodelta of the 60’s and 70’s up to the latest Scuderia Zagato of the 80’s and 90’s. Recalling these racing emotions, the TZ3 Corsa is based on a mono shell carbon fibre tubular chassis, coupled with a tubular frame and a lightweight aluminium body. It boasts Technical Partners such as OMP and Pirelli.

Following Zagato’s gentlemen-driver heritage, the car has been commissioned by the Alfa Romeo Zagato collector Martin Kapp, during the Zandvoort Tribute to Zagato event, where more than 130 Alfa Romeo Zagatos were celebrating the 90th Anniversary of the brand. Martin Kapp owns, among his Alfa Romeo Collection: SZ coda tonda and SZ coda tronca, TZ and TZ2, Junior Z and S.Z.

Tribute to the 100th anniversary of Alfa Romeo’s Racing Heritage: Alfa Romeo and Zagato achieved the best results since the beginnings thanks to the Mille Miglia victories of the 1500 6C, the 1750 GS and the 8C 2300 Zagato of the Scuderia Ferrari. Already in 1933 an official advert of the Alfa Romeo 8C proclaimed: “The Spider that, with the trio Alfa Romeo - Scuderia Ferrari - Carrozzeria Zagato, brought countless victories in the homeland and abroad for the honour of Italy.”

Even the grandiose Quadrifoglio Verde was placed on the bodies of Zagatos of the Alfa Corse team numerous times. Among the most glorious moments is the victory of the Formula 1 championship of Juan Manuel Fangio, aboard his Alfa Romeo 159 bodied by Zagato, as well as the victorious Alfa Romeo 3000 CM bodied in 3 samples by Zagato.

During the 60’s, the list of absolute victories of the Giulia TZ and TZ2 by Zagato for the Autodelta of Ing. Carlo Chiti, was never-ending. Some of the most memorable victories included the 1964 12 hours of Sebring, the Targa Florio, the Nurburgring, and the 24 hours of Le Mans. The single-brand Alfa Romeo S.Z. championship emphasized the Alfa Romeo ES30’s (Experimental SportsCar 3000) technical and dynamic abilities. The S.Z. delivered, and continues to so today, constant performance and driving pleasure to the Gentlemen drivers of the Alfa Zagato team, across the most important racetracks in Europe.

Curb Weight - 850 kg
    Wheelbase - 2500 mm
    Track - Front: 1622 mm
    Rear: 1617 mm
    Length - 4345 mm
    Height - 1200 mm
    Width - 1944 mm
    Seating Capacity - Driver + Co-driver
    Engine
    Configuration - V8, dry sump
    Displacement - 4200 cc
    Power - 420HP Manual adjustable engine calibration
    Drive train
    Gearbox - 6 speed sequential “tractive”
    Suspensions - Ohlins Push road
    Tyres
    - Front: 245/645 “18 – Slick 640
    Rear: 285/645 “18 – Slick 650
    Chassis
    Layout - Front/Mid Engine - Rear Drive
    Frame - Carbon fiber Monoshell +Carbon fiber arms
    Body - Hand Made aluminium body
    Performance
    0 – 100km/h - sub 3.5 sec
    Max Speed - over 300 km/h

Alfa Romeo TZ3 Corsa #3

Alfa Romeo TZ3 Corsa #4

Live shots: Alfa Romeo Zagato TZ3 Corsa: live uit Italie! » Autoblog.nl

IMO it is in line with recent Z designs which are merely meh. Z says it's not a design exercise, if not...what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    IMO it is in line with recent Z designs which are merely meh. Z says it's not a design exercise, if not...what is it?
    A one-off for a German enthusiast who wanted to properly celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Alfa Romeo.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I think it's a fine looking car, just not convinced by the retroness.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I think it's a fine looking car, just not convinced by the retroness.
    I am convinced of its retroness, it's just not Italian retroness.

To be honest, it looks a lot like a Daytona Coupe, especially from the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post

If you look at the cars it's taking its retronees from, you might see the point.

I absolutely love this.
    The TZ1 and 2 is some of my absolute favorite cars, no matter what period in history considered.. This one-off is a true salute to the 100 years of remarkable cars from Alfa Romeo, congratulations to the German owner, and Zagato for a well achieved TZ3.
    Last edited by LotusLocost; 04-24-2010 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post

It's an homage to the TZ cars of the 60's.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost View Post
    If you look at the cars it's taking its retronees from, you might see the point.

I absolutely love this.
    The TZ1 and 2 is some of my absolute favorite cars, no matter what period in history considered.. This one-off is a true salute to the 100 years of remarkable cars from Alfa Romeo, congratulations to the German owner, and Zagato for a well achieved TZ3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It's an homage to the TZ cars of the 60's.
    Ah, I just looked up those cars. Yes, I see the homage now. The only reason why I brought up the Daytona Coupe was because I haven't seen the older Alfas before. Makes much more sense now.

I personally am quite impressed by the car. The sound was amazing, but the interior still looks rather crude and unfinished. From the three desing houses that made a special study in the 8C, this one looks best.
    Here are some shots from this afternoon, more to come soon
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

This one isn't based on the 8C though. The chassis is a mixture of a carbon fiber monocoque and steel frame, while the engine is the 4.2 liters Maserati, not the 4.7 liters version.
    Or am I missing something?
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

In any case, being based in Maserati components isn't being based in the 8C in a way as well?
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information