Thread: Adelaide Motorplex

Adelaide Motorplex

Went and checked out the rally to push for a motorplex out at Torrens Island. It was on giant free hot rod show.
    The idea is to try to force this useless populist government to use a whole heap of swamp to build a drag strip and other related facilities for motorsport.
    Problem is our government have the mindless masses convinced anyone who like motorsport and fast cars is a hoon. You get your car confiscated for doing a burn out. I think it is going to be a big ask to make this government run with this because they have vilified "petrol heads" so much it would look hypocritical. and no government wants to look like hypocrites.
    Of course they jump on the Clispal V8 band wagon, oh wait a minute, that IS hypocritical...

Adelaide Motorplex
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

I'd heard of this, the drifters really need another place to practice and are really behind this..

I Hope it goes through!
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

One problem is actually being brought about by the proponents themselves. They are running a line that it will take "hoons" off the road to try to justify it. It may give some of the more responsible people an outlet but it wont solve the problem. And it doesn't have to. This is a sporting complex for motor sport not part of the legal system to help rid the road of irresponsible drivers. They should not allow it to become anything to do with that. If it helps good but it that should not be made to be its raison d'etre.

It may not end up being something that helps with the hoon issues, but it's a good way to sell it to the public and to my mind it's not a bad thing to use to attempt to actually make a difference with dickheads on roads. And hey, whatever it takes to make it happen.. use what works to meet worthwhile ends, wot?
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

If it works as a "road safety solution", by all means sell it as such.

But for the most part the public thinks any sort of behaviour that involves wanton waste of petrol and loud skiddies is simply inappropriate, and might just go against it.

Having said that it's about damn time Australia had a race circuit built, not reclaimed by housing developments.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

The problem with selling it like this is that one death or even bad accident on the way there or on the way home and it will be seen as a "told you so." No other sport is seen as a method of curtailing crime or illegal behavior.

reminds me of the slogans for lakeside when they shut it down..
    'support street racing..close down lakeside'
    still, it reopened and got refurbished, this should go ahead too hopefully.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Like the T-Shirts they made up.
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

Thread Information