Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1990 Nissan 300ZX Z32 N/A 2By2 targa

I've bought a Tape adapter for my headdeck that works brilliantly.

I'd always go a wired option over a transmitter, personally, but for the most part it could very well be aerial placement, IIRC Mrs. Nota's Falcon has the aerial in the front quarter panel, whereas the cars I use had them in the rear quarter panel - further away.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Yea, my Volvo had the aerial in the rear quarter panel, and there was a lot of Volvo around to block the signal.. but then, my mini had it in the front and I had the transmitter literally right next to the back of the head unit and the aerial cable and it still sucked. I'd recommend trying before you buy, if possible. Or if you have a tape deck, go that way.. the wired tapes are still around the place, and pretty cheap.. but be aware, sometimes they can be finicky too, sometimes some brands just won't work for your head unit.

In short, your probably stuffed either way. Have a good night!
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

well the falcon aerial is on the front guard .. and the auto hirschmann on my merc is on the back guard
    I'd recommend trying before you buy, if possible.
    Probably a prudent move .. hardly normal agreed to a refund if it didn't work out ok, but no worries

my old CD-player-with-cassete-wire used to give me the shits no place for it so when you cornered 'vigorously' it was always sliding off the console tray or the other seat and onto the floor. anyway thats enough from me on this subject I guess
    _________

I confess to being tempted by the 300ZX, they're reputedy a solid & well made car, and the turbo version was in the 'top ten' list of Car & Driver magazine for year after year after year...

I left my discman in my backpack on the passenger seat.. or on my passenger.. when cornering, so no awful movement. Also, my old Rover SD1 didn't corner that vigourously anyway...

I've long had a soft spot for the two seater 300ZX turbo... I'd want one if I thought I could do it within budget.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Or maybe one of these little digital transmitters? They wirelessly connect your i-pod or MP3 etc to the car's existing FM radio, it run off the ciggie lighter and charges up the i-pod too. Works great and a cheap solution, no more hassles with theft bait from fancy $$ decks or having zillions of CDs in the car.
    I've got one, but the lighter doesn't appear to work. It always gave me crap reception and volume in my other car anyway.
    Whats the bet the Commodore involved was either a VN or VP with V6 and the live-axle?

As an aside, I reckon Commodore V6s are more dicey than the V8 version. And do you notice, like I do, that most of those massive accidents involving local cars are usually Holdens, and not Falcons (or very rarely, in comparison). The Falcs are much less dicey imo.
    Nope, VS. And I know a friend who's had quite a few moments in his Falcon. Granted, he drives like an arse...
    Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I've bought a Tape adapter for my headdeck that works brilliantly.
    Mine only plays out of one speaker I think, or maybe one side of the car. Either way it's not very good, and in a lot of songs you're losing half the song.
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING View Post
    I've got one, but the lighter doesn't appear to work. It always gave me crap reception and volume in my other car anyway.
    Your lighter is crap, your (unkown brand) transmitter is crap; therefore my depicted model (which btw works great for me) is also crap ??

Is this what you're saying
    Nope, VS. And I know a friend who's had quite a few moments in his Falcon. Granted, he drives like an arse...
    Let me guess.. a VS V6 live-axle

People who choose to drive like an arse in one of those latently unforgiving era of Commodores are far more likely to end up in deep shit, than if they were in a Falcon or a Toyota or a Jaguar, thats my tip!

Mine only plays out of one speaker I think, or maybe one side of the car. Either way it's not very good, and in a lot of songs you're losing half the song.
    I had a setup like that once... (before updating to newer, simpler and less expensive technology). But by all means go the $300~400 priority Deck install, as against +- $35...

Looks very good. Congrats
    Last edited by henk4; 01-29-2010 at 07:32 AM. Reason: removed link

than if they were in a Falcon or a Toyota or a Jaguar, thats my tip!
    Woah, how does Jaguar fit in with Falcon and Toyota?

I got the head unit put in. All is well. Except that the asshole glued my dash in wonky, with visible lines of glue all over the place. :\
    All about the t-tops

Take it back dude, Rock back up to the store and say your not happy with the work, ask for the manager/head dude and show him the work.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I probably should do that. The rear speakers seem to emit a lot of this weird static vibrating sort of noise, I don't know if that's his fault or what, but I sure don't remember it being there when the old head unit was in.
    All about the t-tops

Thread Information