Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1990 Nissan 300ZX Z32 N/A 2By2 targa

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    the Z shop that did my brakes prefers to pull the engines out do work on them. there were VG30's sitting around all over the place.
    Yeah, I'm not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Define fast...
    haha very true. i eat mustangs for breakfast!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    haha very true. i eat mustangs for breakfast!
    I was actually thinking the opposite, I don't think a 4.6L Mustang GT would have any issues with a G35 Sedan on a straight line.

I was actually thinking the opposite, I don't think a 4.6L Mustang GT would have any issues with a G35 Sedan on a straight line.
    I poked around and it looks like your Z would beat a Mustang in the quarter - but it'd be close.

This will all be moot when the new 5L comes out though.

The G will probably be heavier and slower though.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I poked around and it looks like your Z would beat a Mustang in the quarter - but it'd be close.

This will all be moot when the new 5L comes out though.
    Most magazines report 1/4 mile times in the mid 13s, I believe stock 350Zs have achieved slightly better times though... but it all comes down to the driver... that's why I said that the Mustang should be quicker than the G sedan.

The 400hp 5.0L will destroy the 350Z, no question about it.

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    I like that law. the US DOT should realize this too! No more Mustangs for kids....not that they're any fast anyway.
    It's a good law. After watching my brother accidentally wrap his Commodore around a tree at 45km/hr, nearly killing himself, I can't imagine what would happen to an inexperienced driver in a V8 Commodore.
    Quote Originally Posted by F1GTRUeno View Post
    Great to see a completely original one of these.

Don't even change the head unit, until it breaks at least.
    As much as I love the idea of an original head unit, the radio here is terrible and casettes are useless. I'm gunna hold on to the original, but I'm putting a replacement in there as soon as possible.
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING View Post
    It's a good law. After watching my brother accidentally wrap his Commodore around a tree at 45km/hr, nearly killing himself, I can't imagine what would happen to an inexperienced driver in a V8 Commodore.
    Sadly enough, far too many young people manage to kill themselves in 6-cyl Falcons and Commodes already.. see: the Car Crash thread. Sounds like your brother was lucky.. I hope you learnt from that and won't become another statistic! Besides, your new car seems too nice to go doing something silly like that in it.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING View Post
    As much as I love the idea of an original head unit, the radio here is terrible and casettes are useless. I'm gunna hold on to the original, but I'm putting a replacement in there as soon as possible.
    Or maybe one of these little digital transmitters? They wirelessly connect your i-pod or MP3 etc to the car's existing FM radio, it run off the ciggie lighter and charges up the i-pod too. Works great and a cheap solution, no more hassles with theft bait from fancy $$ decks or having zillions of CDs in the car.

I got these from the remaindered bin at Hardly Normal the transmitter was $20 plus another $15 for the low-budget 4GB i-pod.

(cool car btw )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fourth Gens get murdered, Fifth gens can give a fight if the driver is any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The G will probably be heavier and slower though.
    A G sedan is lighter actually! (my year)
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Sadly enough, far too many young people manage to kill themselves in 6-cyl Falcons and Commodes already.. see: the Car Crash thread.
    Whats the bet the Commodore involved was either a VN or VP with V6 and the live-axle?

As an aside, I reckon Commodore V6s are more dicey than the V8 version. And do you notice, like I do, that most of those massive accidents involving local cars are usually Holdens, and not Falcons (or very rarely, in comparison). The Falcs are much less dicey imo.

(^ posted as a foil to the irrelevant Mustang vs Infiniti debate)
    Besides, your new car seems too nice to go doing something silly like that in it.
    agreed!
    Last edited by nota; 01-24-2010 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Whats the bet the Commodore involved was either a VN or VP with V6 and the live-axle?
    no bet.. i mean who hasn't had a 'moment' in one of those?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    no bet.. i mean who hasn't had a 'moment' in one of those?
    Me, but I'm privileged never to have driven one.

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Or maybe one of these little digital transmitters? They wirelessly connect your i-pod or MP3 etc to the car's existing FM radio, it run off the ciggie lighter and charges up the i-pod too. Works great and a cheap solution, no more hassles with theft bait from fancy $$ decks or having zillions of CDs in the car.

I got these from the remaindered bin at Hardly Normal the transmitter was $20 plus another $15 for the low-budget 4GB i-pod.

(cool car btw )
    I had a slightly different setup in my car, I had an ipod charger that a friend gave me that had a 3.5mm output jack on it. The advantage of that is I could plug it in to one of those good old cassette-tape-with-a-wire dealeos we all had at the turn of the century to plug CD players into old bombs. I ended up with much better audio quality then I ever had with an FM transmitter. Part of that was that it was using the line out from the ipod rather than the headphone jack.. but most of it was down to the fact that I never got good reception from one of those transmitter dealeos. It's a Belkin, but they don't make them anymore.. the closest I've seen is a Griffin thing that seems to be the same.. but it cost $99. Which is ridiculous. And why I've told my Dad that if he loses it, I shall be very cranky when it comes time to reclaim it...
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

My friend had an FM transmitter for his old car/iPod and it was crap. The reception was garbage.

Be wary.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento
    I had a slightly different setup in my car, I had an ipod charger that a friend gave me that had a 3.5mm output jack on it. The advantage of that is I could plug it in to one of those good old cassette-tape-with-a-wire dealeos we all had at the turn of the century to plug CD players into old bombs.
    Got one of those back in the day .. messy arrangement, a bit jumpy too, and absolute dynamite to try and change your CDs on the move

In-car CD players & stacks are going the way of the dodo, I reckon these i-pods are a far more elegant solution
    Quote Originally Posted by pimento
    most of it was down to the fact that I never got good reception from one of those transmitter dealeos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    My friend had an FM transmitter for his old car/iPod and it was crap. The reception was garbage.

Be wary.

There are other types which need to be hardwired into the deck, at added cost, for systems like ours (and probably TVR's) which don't have an input jack. But I can only say that the 'AV Labs' one I pictured gives perfect reception for us, works a treat in both the Mrs nota Falcon (Sony Xplod) and with my Benz (Becker Mexico). Maybe its not just the air itself, but the airwaves too are clearer in Canberra?

Anyway I ended up buying two of 'em and fwiw they were knocked down from $49.95.

Thread Information