Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Tablet

Apple Tablet

I don't know how many of you have been following the rumors on this, but the official release is expected tomorrow, and shipping as early as March. I know we have a lot of Apple devotees on this forum, so I figured I'd get it started.

So far this is the best rendering I (and also Gizmodo) have seen as to what it will most probably look like.

If it's affordable (i.e. not almost the same price as a MacBook) I really think I might get one.

The Most Realistic 'Leaked' Apple Tablet Shots Yet - AppleTablet - Gizmodo

Commence fanbois.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

I've been following this quite closely too, although I am really anti Apple.

From the masses of speculation about Apples secret meetings with various magazine companies and newspapers around the globe it might be quite interesting. However if that's all it's going to do and the speculated price point ($899) is accurate then I shall just continue to buy my newspapers in the good old paper format thanks.

Also it apparently will run all the Apps from the App Store that the iPhone and iPod Touch can run...ok? Never seen the point in an iPhone but the iPod Touch is a good idea, do we need a bigger one?

Finally, those Photoshopped images look good, doubt it will be quite that thin but would be nice to be wrong.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

a further development that will be welcomed by the sellers of reading glasses...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Its already been released you imbecils

Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

If it has the same computing power as a IPod Touch though, it probably will flop. There would be no reason to buy it.

I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Apple users in general does not buy into the concept of "reason"....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

i am interested in it, but only passively. it falls under none of my needs. i am a windows user, but have an iphone and love it, and i can understand how the functionality of the iphone could be wanted on a larger platform. but i also fail to see how someone with an iphone and a laptop will benefit, and i expect that is who they will target.

i dont see it replacing a real computer or a PMP, but maybe sitting on the sofa arm for less intensive computing. and if they could actually make the appleTV or minimac play nicely with non-itunes internet sources, other peripherals, and blueray, then it could be a bad ass remote control.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    i am interested in it, but only passively. it falls under none of my needs. i am a windows user, but have an iphone and love it, and i can understand how the functionality of the iphone could be wanted on a larger platform. but i also fail to see how someone with an iphone and a laptop will benefit, and i expect that is who they will target.

i dont see it replacing a real computer or a PMP, but maybe sitting on the sofa arm for less intensive computing. and if they could actually make the appleTV or minimac play nicely with non-itunes internet sources, other peripherals, and blueray, then it could be a bad ass remote control.
    There already are apps available for the Iphone that turn it into remotes, depending on what you have at home. Maybe for the Touch too, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    There already are apps available for the Iphone that turn it into remotes, depending on what you have at home. Maybe for the Touch too, I don't know.
    there are... but this shoudl allow the running of multiple apps, which would make it even better suited for this very purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    If it has the same computing power as a IPod Touch though, it probably will flop. There would be no reason to buy it.

I guess we'll see tomorrow.
    Yeah that's a big selling point for me, if it uses iPhone or iTouch OS there's no way I'd buy it, but if it's got full Mac OS I would consider it. Hopefully the latter is true.

i wouldn't count on it having Snow Leopard, or any other standard OS. I am agreeing with Gizmodo on this one, and thinking it will have a modified iPhone OS that is a bit more powerful, and designed to operate multiple apps.

Well, we'll see, I may be looking at PC tablets in that case. It would be awesome with Snow Leopard though. Or something 80% of the way from iPhone OS to Snow Leopard.

Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Real, annouced and shown tablets were at CES running google chrome, and yet all I hear is speculation about this unannouced apple BS.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

Seriously dont laugh, i thought this was about an apple tablet that you consume orally, for people who dont eat enough fruit and veg type thing... Didn't think computers.
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

Thread Information