Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ferrari Going Electric?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    But still if we look at the Mini and the Honda both are still relatively cramped foru seaters with similar fuel economy and performance. And yet one gets it by fine tuning and already very good car and the other achieves it by making worse a car that's already been labelled as worse than its intended rival, Insight v Prius. On the other hand the Mini will probably be better at handling than the Honda because it'll almost certainly be lighter.

These days hybrids aren't at all about saving money, fossil fuels or being green. They are completely about image and pretending you are saving the planet. In a word, they are all about image. And yet our BMW without any pretention can do 30mpg at 110mph. No hybrid could even dream of that.

Of course though nobody cares about that. It's all about hypocresy.
    This. I really couldn't have said it better.

But image does a lot for you these days. Especially being seen as green regardless of the reality. And sadly a lot of people do buy a ferrari baed off of the image, so maybe it does make some sense. At least it's better than joining the SUV club.

Edit: PRC777 to respond to your last post, I'm sure it will be the most exciting hybrid out there. But it will still be pointless. I would have been much less bothered by a diesel ferrari than this. And, for that matter I'm willing to bet money that all the Prii out there are putting out much greater quantities of polution than all the Ferraris. So why attack these cars which, admittedly, aren't the most friendly for the environment but drive so seldomly and exist in such small numbers that it doesn't really matter?
    Last edited by wwgkd; 01-30-2010 at 07:49 PM. Reason: slow brain
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Edit: PRC777 to respond to your last post, I'm sure it will be the most exciting hybrid out there. But it will still be pointless. I would have been much less bothered by a diesel ferrari than this. And, for that matter I'm willing to bet money that all the Prii out there are putting out much greater quantities of polution than all the Ferraris. So why attack these cars which, admittedly, aren't the most friendly for the environment but drive so seldomly and exist in such small numbers that it doesn't really matter?
    This too. Concentrate on what matters, not on a couple of supercars that hardly pollute at all, in relation.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I think that a mild hybrid in the BMW EfficientDynamics is a good idea. But a full hybrid might not be the solution, for instance if you compare the CR-Z and the Mini Cooper MINIMALISM. I prefer clever engineering rather than just going hybrid because we are being green.
    ^Thank you!

It's probably something related to a K.E.R.S.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Thread Information